Clubplanet Nightlife Community

bone to pick with Nocturnal bar staff

Guest JMT

WTF?

i get to noc with some people around 4 and head straight for the patio for wink. at one point my buddy opens a tab with the female bartender at the bar behind the couches. he orders one friggin round, 3 drinks. the bar wasnt busy at all and i witness everything. we go back for more drinks about 30 minutes later, and the very same chick denies having his tab. she claims she only has one tab running, and it isnt him. this chick is either retarded or completely clueless. she refuses to offer any assistance in possibly rectifying the situation at all. it was like being in the twilight zone. check card, gone. drivers license, gone. have a nice night. my buddy calls his bank today and there is a $100 authorization from noc.

:P

(other than that it was a good night.)

Guest Devilicious

There's no excuse for that.... don't know if this is the case here, but some bartenders aren't exactly sober when working. So they still have the card? I hope he didn't give her his ID

Guest swank

There's no excuse for that.... don't know if this is the case here, but some bartenders aren't exactly sober when working. So they still have the card? I hope he didn't give her his ID

I've seen this before...I have no problem with the staff having a good time...but when they are more drunk than their patrons, it gets messy and is annoying.

Here's one for you T.

Is there really a minimum drink purchase to use a credit card? In a certain club, I asked for two drinks to charge and the guy said it was a 40 dollar minimum. Michelle being Michelle said F-U and went to the other bar across the club and the guy had no problem charging us two drinks. I tried the "Political thing" by emailing the club and have yet to hear from them 2 months later. Now you being in the business, is there such a rule?

Guest musicalmissionary

That chick is a total bitch. Next time make sure you go to Josh who's at the same bar but wedged in the little corner next to the VIP entrance. He rocks!!

Guest swank

That chick is a total bitch. Next time make sure you go to Josh who's at the same bar but wedged in the little corner next to the VIP entrance. He rocks!!

Is this the girl who looks like 'zena'?

Guest Devilicious

Here's one for you T.

Is there really a minimum drink purchase to use a credit card? In a certain club, I asked for two drinks to charge and the guy said it was a 40 dollar minimum. Michelle being Michelle said F-U and went to the other bar across the club and the guy had no problem charging us two drinks. I tried the "Political thing" by emailing the club and have yet to hear from them 2 months later. Now you being in the business, is there such a rule?

Depends on the place.

Some have a minimum that is so low it's inconsequential (25 or so)

I've been told at Amika it's 50. Crobar I think I got 40 once.

Really there is never anything to prevent the person from running your card. It's always possible no matter the amount, even if it is a rule set by management. I enforce our "30 dollar minimum" when it's busy, but when I have no one waiting at the bar I oblige.

However, the rule is there for a reason. CCs are the SINGLE most time consuming thing a bartender deals with, and to take that much time for a 25 dollar sale and 2-3 dollar tip is annoying. You could make 3 cash sales in that time, everyone is served more quickly, etc.

I recommend ALWAYS carrying cash with which to buy drinks. Or, plan on starting one tab for your group. You will get better service more quickly and probably stronger drinks ;)

Guest Devilicious

The other bar is top notch, and since it's on the far side of the entrance usually less crowded. Go to Broy on the side furthest from the dance floor or Chyna in the middle.

Guest mursa

. CCs are the SINGLE most time consuming thing a bartender deals with, and to take that much time for a 25 dollar sale and 2-3 dollar tip is annoying.

2-3 $ tip on a 25$ sale ...........wtf , there are some real cheap skates out there ! >:(

in response to some of the questions:

yes, he also had to give (and thus lost) his ID. cancelled the card and reported it stolen as of that day and is denying any charges.

this chick is kinda short with brown hair. as friendly as a corpse.

needless to say, ill take the suggestions of going to the other people next time.

and BTW JMT ....thats what you get for being a republican ! :P

and what did they give you for being a dork?

btw, how it works here is you post your text OUTSIDE the quote box.

I recommend ALWAYS carrying cash with which to buy drinks. Or, plan on starting one tab for your group. You will get better service more quickly and probably stronger drinks ;)

Thanks for reponse...I try to carry cash too but when you run out, the $10.00 fee ATM sucks. >:(

Guest ic143

This exact thing happened to Millsie at Amika. It was just before christmas and they lost his id and bank card also! He called and cancelled the card but noticed they charged it so he too had to dispute the charge. On top of that, the staff at Amika (at the time) were super friendly and apologetic about it. Even went as far as giving us someone's business card so that they could take care of us the next time we went to their club. Needless to say any call we made or email sent was never responded to. What a surprise... ::)

JMT, I'm calling BS. Just tell the bartender she's wrong then name drop, "ok, let me find dade and we'll fix this"... thats all it takes to fix an issue.

ive never met dade. if theres ever a next time, ill try that. i might have asked Biz but didnt see him once it happened.

Guest Electric Eel

This is why I make friends with bartenders if I happen to go to a club/bar more then a few times. You'll never have to worry about them losing your card or overcharging you.

Guest mursa

the same they give goofy lookin dudes like yourself .

Guest Devilicious

in response to some of the questions:

yes, he also had to give (and thus lost) his ID. cancelled the card and reported it stolen as of that day and is denying any charges.

this chick is kinda short with brown hair. as friendly as a corpse.

needless to say, ill take the suggestions of going to the other people next time.

the best thing about that is, if he is awarded the money back (which he should be without a doubt) SHE will have to pay the hundred bucks out of her pocket ;)

Guest Funketeer

Cash is king man, whether table or tab, the clubs always find a way to fuck you and point the finger in the other direction.

case closed! next!

the same they give goofy lookin dudes like yourself .

thanks for offering zero to the thread except for being a douchebag. now feel free to go and post some broken english elsewhere.