Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dogs Used as Shark Bait (Warning: Graphic Pics)

Guest slamminshaun

Guest slamminshaun

This absolutely makes my stomach turn....there's a place in hell for assholes that do this type of shit.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005450117,00.html

e88gwn.jpg

By IAN HEPBURN

STRAY dogs are being skewered on hooks and dragged behind boats as live shark bait, The Sun can shockingly reveal.

The cruel practice takes place on French-controlled Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean, where Prince William spent two holidays.

A six-month-old labrador pup was recently found ALIVE with a huge double hook through its snout - like the dog above - and another through a leg.

The pup was found in a coastal creek and is thought to have somehow freed itself from a fishing line.

But other dogs and kittens have been chomped up and swallowed by sharks.

The RSPCA plans to petition the French government, demanding an end to the hideous torture.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Shaun I love the fact that you are a gas guzzlin', Republican lovin, animal lover.......

This is disgusting!! Leave it up to the French to pull this kind of shit... we'll send some emails and sick PETA on their asses!!

Guest jbit

Shaun I love the fact that you are a gas guzzlin', Republican lovin, animal lover.......

This is disgusting!! Leave it up to the French to pull this kind of shit... we'll send some emails and sick PETA on their asses!!

I sure PETA is all over this already

Guest swirlundergrounder

I sure PETA is all over this already

You are right

Thank you for contacting us about the dogs and cats reportedly being used as fishing bait on La Réunion Island. We share your concern about this horrendous cruelty.

PETA is looking into these allegations and will be contacting the local Préfet (governing entity) and pushing for vigorous prosecutions of those who participate in this cruel activity. Please also know that the Brigitte Bardot Foundation, headquartered in Paris, is spearheading a campaign against this reported atrocity. You can visit its Web site at http://www.fondationbrigittebardot.fr/site/homepage.php?ok=2&Id=2.

You may also wish to contact the World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA). WSPA helps animals worldwide and may have additional information about efforts to help these dogs and cats:

WSPA USA

34 Deloss St.

Framingham, MA 01702

508-879-8350

wspa@wspausa.com

http://www.wspa-usa.org

We hope this information is helpful. Thanks again for writing and for all that you do to help animals!

Sincerely,

The PETA Staff

http://www.PETA.org

Guest teabag

Incredible!!!! I can sure believe evil lurks on one person... But I cannot understand when a group of people lack the moral neuron to do something like this....

Guest ic143

My heart dropped when I read this! I can't believe human beings can do this and to LIVE animals at that! I hope everyone involved in this rots in hell! >:(

Guest JMT

as appalling as this is, this story is a bit strange.

the sun is a tabloid. fishing with a live dog is despicable, but even if you did, wouldnt it be more practical to tie the line to the dog in some way? wouldnt it also make more sense to put a larger hook on the dogs midsection?

this might be real and that would be horrific, but i wont be surprised if it turns out to be fake.

Guest jbit

the sun is a tabloid. fishing with a live dog is despicable, but even if you did, wouldnt it be more practical to tie the line to the dog in some way? wouldnt it also make more sense to put a larger hook on the dogs midsection?

this might be real and that would be horrific, but i wont be surprised if it turns out to be fake.

My first inclination was to check various urban myth websites and none of them have this as a hoax

Guest mursa

..the true character of a person is measured by the way they treat those inferior to them ...

...with that in mind , some fucked up people >:(

Guest swirlundergrounder

..the true character of a person is measured by the way they treat those inferior to them ...

But your saying is also in a way messed up becasue defining something or someone as inferior to you is in a sense a bad characteristic...

Look at it this way, humans are inferior to many animals and insect in the animal kingdom. Dogs have superior senses as compared to a human. An ant is stronger than a human in the sense that no human can lift ten times thier own body weight like an ant can. Birds can fly on their own, Fish can breathe underwater, etc......

Guest JMT

But your saying is also in a way messed up becasue defining something or someone as inferior to you is in a sense a bad characteristic...

Look at it this way, humans are inferior to many animals and insect in the animal kingdom. Dogs have superior senses as compared to a human. An ant is stronger than a human in the sense that no human can lift ten times thier own body weight like an ant can. Birds can fly on their own, Fish can breathe underwater, etc......

very philosophical of you. we all love dogs here, but animals are inferior to us. if they werent, assholes would be getting put on hooks by them and not the other way around.

Guest Satan

My first inclination was to check various urban myth websites and none of them have this as a hoax

hmm...i tend to agree......likely a hoax, probably a picture taken at the vet's office when spot accidentally hooked himself on a sunday morning with the fishing gear...or really good photochop....

based on the hook location alone this is unlikey to yield a "catch" as the shark would more likely end up taking the body and leaving the head....................

all that being said............it's deplorable, and if true i'd nail the fucks that did something like that to animal.

Guest mursa

lol..you knew what i meant and what rational im trying to imply on my reply .

Guest swirlundergrounder

very philosophical of you. we all love dogs here, but animals are inferior to us. if they werent, assholes would be getting put on hooks by them and not the other way around.

So who would win in the following scenarios? No weapons allowed...

A human or a tiger?

A human or a shark?

A human or a bear?

A human or a pit-bull?

A human or a swarm of army ants?

A human or an aligator?

A human or a pack of hungry parie dogs?

A humn or an elephant?

A human or a cobra?

A human or a swarm of killer bees?

Get my point? If you take away all of mans tools and weapons then in which of the above scenarios would the average person prevail in ?

Guest mursa

lol...bro where u came up with this man vs beast concept ?

Fact is Human intellect and its ability to Rationalize makes it superior to any living creature on earth ..

..and by the looks of it , we even use it to hook live dogs for shark bait . :-\

Guest JMT

So who would win in the following scenarios? No weapons allowed...

A human or a tiger?

A human or a shark?

A human or a bear?

A human or a pit-bull?

A human or a swarm of army ants?

A human or an aligator?

A human or a pack of hungry parie dogs?

A humn or an elephant?

A human or a cobra?

A human or a swarm of killer bees?

Get my point? If you take away all of mans tools and weapons then in which of the above scenarios would the average person prevail in ?

so your whole point is based on the group of animals that could overpower one human physically?

the very thing that makes human beings superior is that we possess the intelligence to create things like machines, tools, and cure illnesses.

we dont fetch our dog's newpaper. we dont take a leak when our dog feels like letting us.

btw, steve irwin could take on a cobra and an alligator. ;)

Guest swirlundergrounder

lol...bro where u came up with this man vs beast concept ?

Fact is Human intellect and its ability to Rationalize makes it superior to any living creature on earth ..

..and by the looks of it , we even use it to hook live dogs for shark bait . :-\

Ah but that's an arrogant rationalization and generalization made by man (not necessarily by you is what I mean).

Every living thing on Earth can rationalize to a degree or another. So who learns faster a Human or a chimp? Actually a chimp has a faster learning capactiy than a human does. Who has a better memory? An elephant or a human? Actually an elepahant does. Doesn't memory and learning capacity denote intelligence?

The thing that distinguishes human and animals is 'Culture'. Culture is teaching something to another and then that entity teaches it to another. But animals have this trait also....

The difference is that animals don't verbalize ideas like humans do or on the same level as we do. But does that necessarliy mean that they are inferior?

Perhaps our needs are greater than that of an animal. And the needs of a human is what drives the human race. Perhaps animals needs are simple and their desires are simple therefore they don't feel as much 'need' as we do....

I guess we can say that humans are superior to animals in someways and animials are superior to us in other ways. But IMO to say that humans are totally superior to animals is false