Clubplanet Nightlife Community

parking in downtown miami ......

AndrewChibale

Guest ClubDiva05

the fact that i dont give them any money is MY CHOICE and the fact that your car hasnt been broken into is not gonna change the fact to what happen to me this past weekend ...

but thanks for your thougts ... my car looks so much better now ::)

Who said it wasn't you're choice?

Guest GoodLife

Were they trying to steal it or things inside of it?

I recently had both of my cars stolen in one night, and both found stripped in less than a week.

Guest dj_release

I recently had both of my cars stolen in one night, and both found stripped in less than a week.

damn where do u live???

Guest ClubDiva05

Wow that really sux!!!

Guest Bahst

damn where do u live???

wow that really sucks! I hope you had good insurance

Guest GoodLife

I live in Coconut Grove near Vizcaya, I had and was into a very high theft type of vehicle, the Acura Integra.

Had one GSR and had just purchased my second Type R.

They cut the fence and stole both cars, both cars had kill switches, alarms etc.

Found both cars stripped to pieces. Said no more hondas after that.

Guest Untouchablepurple

and thats why i parke VALET i already had my hood keyed and tow twice BUT IT WASNT MY FAULT .. those 2 times that i got towed were my friends fault .. but other than i rather PAY valet anytime anywhere i dotn care how much it cost its worth it !!!

Guest itsalexg

there are 2 very kind bums by the names of DAWG and JAMES that run 9th street lol They will take care of your car for whatever you can give them including alcohol just tell them Alex sent you ;)

Guest LiquidX

I always park on the street that Space is.. ( 2nd ? ).. in the parkimeters. There's always a bumb asking for some cash, we give them 1 or 2 dollars and we shut he's mouth if he asks for more. SInce the street there is pretty much busy all night Its highly unlikely to get the cars jacked there. DOnt ever park by Pawn shopr.. all cars get stripped there. SOrry to hear that Chib!

Guest nova

The problem is that the same guy owns most of the lots in downtown. I think his name is Justin. He is the biggest prick I ever met in my life. I don't trash talk about people much however this guy deserves something less than pleasurable to happen to him.

that's him.....drives a charcoal pick up truck... ;)

lol get the plate #... i'll get the brick... dont want to leave another guy crying and bitching about the brink... lol =D

Guest Devilicious

Someone pointed this out earlier and it's true, the homeless are people too... I have never had an issue parking downtown, be it meters or lots. A few kind words and a smile usually do the trick. I never pay more than what is charged at a lot, and I apologetically tell the people on the street I only have credit.

I know this isn't fool-proof, but think about if it were you... there's 2 cars in front of you... one whose owner was kind, and one whose owner was a total ass, or even just ignored you, which one are you going to hit?

(I certainly empathize with you Chib, and I'm not implying you treat these people badly.)

Guest defunes

I not only party in DT all the time, but I used to park there on a daily basis because I used to work the door at GR. I have not once in the 4+ yrs that I have been going there had my car broken into. These "bums" that you guys so relentlessly bash are ppl also. Maybe if you guys treated them as such instead of making snide remarks and giving them unasked for advice about getting jobs (which no-one will give them) you're cars would be fine. Seems to have worked for me. Also if you are worried about them using the money for drugs try giving them a pack of cigarettes or even food.I remember a year or maybe 2 back on OG's birthday watching a homeless man wash his car and put up a sign for him that read something like....

Happy Birthday to the #1 resident super mixologist Oscar G.

How many of us would have even thought of doing something like this?Makes you wonder who the lazy ppl are huh???

Can bums even spell Mixologist?

Guest Electric Eel

I would park anywhere but in those big lots where they have cars park about 2 inches from each other. My semi-new car now has 2 scratches on the back bumper as thanks for parking in those lots. Yeah they help people get into those tight spots so they can squeeze one more car in but where are they when people have been out all night and are trying to get out of these tight spots. From now on I either park valet which costs just as much or I have my secret parking lot where theres lots of room between cars, if you are lucky to find a spot.

Guest Civs

i can just imagine the insanity once the condos in the area are completed and occupied. parking will be a horror, but maybe the crime will go down.

Guest Sela V

I have never paid more than $10 to park when I go to Nocturnal. There's even a $5 lot with a guard, and more than one $10 lot with a guard. So I guess no one's going to Space or Nocturnal anymore huh? NOT.....

ok, first ... that is NOT MY POINT, things like this should not just happen

second, i do not work my ass off just to give MY MONEY to a fucking bum ... fuck that ....

they take the money and go buy drugs and do god knows what else ..

so no .... im not gonna HIRE A BUM to take care of my car please ... ::)

I think you got my post mixed with someone else's response. I did not say bums, I said guards who are hired to watch the cars in the lot. Unless you consider them to be bums also... LOL

I would park anywhere but in those big lots where they have cars park about 2 inches from each other. My semi-new car now has 2 scratches on the back bumper as thanks for parking in those lots. Yeah they help people get into those tight spots so they can squeeze one more car in but where are they when people have been out all night and are trying to get out of these tight spots. From now on I either park valet which costs just as much or I have my secret parking lot where theres lots of room between cars, if you are lucky to find a spot.

;)