Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What CLUBS are just completely OVER!

Guest JustBeFABOLOUS9

Out of the clubs/lounges listed below which do you just not even bother going to because it's the sa  

1. 1. Out of the clubs/lounges listed below which do you just not even bother going to because it's the sa

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coach

I think the clubs that are currently "over" have already been over. The ones currently operating all seem pretty strong for the moment. That may change in 6 months, but all seems good at the moment. I have heard rumors of a certain club closing/moving due to bothersome neighbors, but haven't seen any real evidence of that at the moment.

I think the clubs that are currently "over" have already been over. The ones currently operating all seem pretty strong for the moment. That may change in 6 months, but all seems good at the moment. I have heard rumors of a certain club closing/moving due to bothersome neighbors, but haven't seen any real evidence of that at the moment.

LMAO!!!

Guest project mayhem

I'm new to the board Probably gonna start a hellstorm with this but what the hell:

I'm from the "Underground" for lack of a better word. I'm and NuSchool/Electro/breaks producer, DJ, live performer. (And for those who are about to hate don't i have records out, am on a label, have played everywhere so don't even go there.)

This is my opinion on all these clubs!

They are all the same, they are in the same catagory.

They have no imagination, they copy what European clubs did 10 years ago before alot of "party-goers" kinda woke up a bit.

Don't hate me know, but let's play a little game how about we play a little something different then the token house, trance DJ in these clubs. Why can't you do like a fabric" Have a place were house, breaks, DnB whatever plays. What a break-through! LOL.

The Random club-goer has no Idea what the hell they are listining to anyway nor do they care. Why don't these "Mega" Clubs try to touch the 100000000000000000000000's of jaded masses that don't go to these places because they book the same people because thats what the "manual" sais u have to do to make money.

Look don't take it wrong I've done a million parties also I know it's hard and blah blah blah but really, maybe the club will last be fresh innovative.

Shit wouldn't that be refreshing...

You asked ::)

Guest Cosmigonon

I'm new to the board Probably gonna start a hellstorm with this but what the hell:

I'm from the "Underground" for lack of a better word. I'm and NuSchool/Electro/breaks producer, DJ, live performer. (And for those who are about to hate don't i have records out, am on a label, have played everywhere so don't even go there.)

They have no imagination, they copy what European clubs did 10 years ago before alot of "party-goers" kinda woke up a bit.

Don't hate me know, but let's play a little game how about we play a little something different then the token house, trance DJ in these clubs. Why can't you do like a fabric" Have a place were house, breaks, DnB whatever plays. What a break-through! LOL.

The Random club-goer has no Idea what the hell they are listining to anyway nor do they care. Why don't these "Mega" Clubs try to touch the 100000000000000000000000's of jaded masses that don't go to these places because they book the same people because thats what the "manual" sais u have to do to make money.

Look don't take it wrong I've done a million parties also I know it's hard and blah blah blah but really, maybe the club will last be fresh innovative.

Ok, now try writing that in proper english.

Guest pod

If D n B, breaks, or hardcore turned a profit at the clubs around here, you could bet that would be the prevailing sound.

As for Europe doing it ten years ago? Good for them, I'll be sure and send them a dozen roses.

In the end, the clubs do what they have to do to make money and survive. Unfortunately, having what the public considers an obscure sound, is a very risky move and most places aren't gonna affect their bottom line.

Guest project mayhem

Wow thanks for that ::)

Guest Cosmigonon

Wow thanks for that ::)

You're welcome... ;)

Guest james stratus

If D n B, breaks, or hardcore turned a profit at the clubs around here, you could bet that would be the prevailing sound.

As for Europe doing it ten years ago? Good for them, I'll be sure and send them a dozen roses.

In the end, the clubs do what they have to do to make money and survive. Unfortunately, having what the public considers an obscure sound, is a very risky move and most places aren't gonna affect their bottom line.

Pod, you must have this reply sitting in a text file on your desktop ready to go when needed ::):P

Guest project mayhem

Right I understand that. But if your paying $20,000 for and artist to play in a club that charges God know what at the door, in a place that if you took a poop on the turntables people would be their anyway . Mix it up. Anyone of these places normal everyday residents are as good if not better than Cut your overhead by $10,000 expose people to new sounds, perhaps then the thousands of people that go anyway will beging to here things there not exposed to. The only reason it is ubscure is becuase they are kept that way here. DNF guys we are in Florida, that is the land of the breaks. Regardless, it would be madness to do a full on DnB night or a full on breaks night. But combining and not segregating scene's etc is the only way to create a future in an industry that is fickle by it's very nature. By combining everything, allowing all to experience different sounds you stay one step ahead of the game. Don't forget also until the "SUPER" clubs came around we were throwing 3000 people parties in warhouses. One sound didn't matter until "they " decided to tell us that it did. To me thats why clubs come and go, it's not 1997 anymore. You need ever edge you can get. I'm not gonna say that these clubs aren't awesome. Man the things I could do in a space like that...And don't get me wrong I like many different styles etc.

But whatever I would like to see a different approach to things the truth is the element. They want hot girls and guys with money to buy drinks for the hot girls and get vip for the girls etc etc. All of which is not your normal day to day in any breaks,dnb etc party.

It began with breaks in florida it will come again

;)

Cheers~

Guest pod

There's a trick to booking a breaks-oriented party in a mainstream club down here...I've seen it tried before, and the response from managment is that breaks/drum n bass/any music outside of house, trance, or hip-hop nights tend not to attract the older, money-spending crowd. People down here equate those styles with the younger "raver-ish" crowd, the "bottled water" crowd if you will... I'm not saying it is true, just stating what I have observed.

The trick down here is to tell the clubs to abandon their winning formula and go with something unproven.

Guest JustBeFABOLOUS9

^ This thread was intended to say what clubs suck at the moment and 'mayhem' started about a totally other topic IM LOST?

I go to sleep for a bit do some erans come back and there's some random arguement about a guy saying that trance DnB breakbeats should be played more

You said Europe did all this 10 years ago right? Are you still stuck in that era?

Guest pod

Some people in Europe tried Communism awhile back, too. Look where it got them. 8)

In jest, yeah, but the point is because it was done in Europe, doesn't mean it has to be done here.