Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What CLUBS are just completely OVER!

Guest JustBeFABOLOUS9

Out of the clubs/lounges listed below which do you just not even bother going to because it's the sa  

1. 1. Out of the clubs/lounges listed below which do you just not even bother going to because it's the sa

Guest LdySphynx

If D n B, breaks, or hardcore turned a profit at the clubs around here, you could bet that would be the prevailing sound.

As for Europe doing it ten years ago? Good for them, I'll be sure and send them a dozen roses.

In the end, the clubs do what they have to do to make money and survive. Unfortunately, having what the public considers an obscure sound, is a very risky move and most places aren't gonna affect their bottom line.

Right I understand that. But if your paying $20,000 for and artist to play in a club that charges God know what at the door, in a place that if you took a poop on the turntables people would be their anyway . Mix it up. Anyone of these places normal everyday residents are as good if not better than Cut your overhead by $10,000 expose people to new sounds, perhaps then the thousands of people that go anyway will beging to here things there not exposed to. The only reason it is ubscure is becuase they are kept that way here. DNF guys we are in Florida, that is the land of the breaks. Regardless, it would be madness to do a full on DnB night or a full on breaks night. But combining and not segregating scene's etc is the only way to create a future in an industry that is fickle by it's very nature. By combining everything, allowing all to experience different sounds you stay one step ahead of the game. Don't forget also until the "SUPER" clubs came around we were throwing 3000 people parties in warhouses. One sound didn't matter until "they " decided to tell us that it did. To me thats why clubs come and go, it's not 1997 anymore. You need ever edge you can get. I'm not gonna say that these clubs aren't awesome. Man the things I could do in a space like that...And don't get me wrong I like many different styles etc.

But whatever I would like to see a different approach to things the truth is the element. They want hot girls and guys with money to buy drinks for the hot girls and get vip for the girls etc etc. All of which is not your normal day to day in any breaks,dnb etc party.

It began with breaks in florida it will come again

;)

Cheers~

Dude, ever heard of Paragraphs??

I tried to read it, but MY EYES hurt from trying to separate ur sentences :-\.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coach

I'm sorry, Project Mayhem, but it has been proven over and over again that the vast majority of the American public does not want something "new". They want something that they know and understand. New ideas have to be introduced slowly. Busting out with something different at a club like Space that has so much overhead is just not feasible. It would be economic suicide for them to try it. Once it has been shown in smaller venues that different types of music can be solidly economically viable, then the bigger clubs can start testing it little by little.

I mean, you have to remember that house music was not always king in Miami. It has gone through a number of styles over the past couple of decades. So, there is no reason to assume that this genre will stay as the primary forever.

Guest project mayhem

^ This thread was intended to say what clubs suck at the moment and 'mayhem' started about a totally other topic IM LOST?

I go to sleep for a bit do some erans come back and there's some random arguement about a guy saying that trance DnB breakbeats should be played more

You said Europe did all this 10 years ago right? Are you still stuck in that era?

Wow it goes to the heart of your question. Which club is the same old thing every week right?

I answered all, explained myself etc etc.

I'm the least stuck on anything guy you'll find around here.

I just throught a solution out to the same old thing which is the question of this thread. I think it made sense.

Also by 10 years ago i ment massive clubs with the same sound night in and night out.

Guest project mayhem

I'm sorry, Project Mayhem, but it has been proven over and over again that the vast majority of the American public does not want something "new". They want something that they know and understand. New ideas have to be introduced slowly. Busting out with something different at a club like Space that has so much overhead is just not feasible. It would be economic suicide for them to try it. Once it has been shown in smaller venues that different types of music can be solidly economically viable, then the bigger clubs can start testing it little by little.

I mean, you have to remember that house music was not always king in Miami. It has gone through a number of styles over the past couple of decades. So, there is no reason to assume that this genre will stay as the primary forever.

Agreed~ It's suicide to do an all "breaks night" at space. I'm talking about a melding of the genre's at these places. I do parties at many places that do as well as they can do to size of venue restrictions etc.

People want nothing different because they get fed the same 20 songs on rotation everyday, and when theyu go out the same at the club.

They have no base for comparison.

look @ 93-1. Same thing no wonder it failed.

I'm just adding fuel to the fire, trying to stir up conversation.

I think it's healthy for this "scene"

Helps us all bring new ideas so that....

we don't have to have poll's about what clubs are over, because there all slamming!

Guest project mayhem

If D n B, breaks, or hardcore turned a profit at the clubs around here, you could bet that would be the prevailing sound.

As for Europe doing it ten years ago? Good for them, I'll be sure and send them a dozen roses.

In the end, the clubs do what they have to do to make money and survive. Unfortunately, having what the public considers an obscure sound, is a very risky move and most places aren't gonna affect their bottom line.

Right I understand that. But if your paying $20,000 for and artist to play in a club that charges God know what at the door, in a place that if you took a poop on the turntables people would be their anyway . Mix it up. Anyone of these places normal everyday residents are as good if not better than Cut your overhead by $10,000 expose people to new sounds, perhaps then the thousands of people that go anyway will beging to here things there not exposed to. The only reason it is ubscure is becuase they are kept that way here. DNF guys we are in Florida, that is the land of the breaks. Regardless, it would be madness to do a full on DnB night or a full on breaks night. But combining and not segregating scene's etc is the only way to create a future in an industry that is fickle by it's very nature. By combining everything, allowing all to experience different sounds you stay one step ahead of the game. Don't forget also until the "SUPER" clubs came around we were throwing 3000 people parties in warhouses. One sound didn't matter until "they " decided to tell us that it did. To me thats why clubs come and go, it's not 1997 anymore. You need ever edge you can get. I'm not gonna say that these clubs aren't awesome. Man the things I could do in a space like that...And don't get me wrong I like many different styles etc.

But whatever I would like to see a different approach to things the truth is the element. They want hot girls and guys with money to buy drinks for the hot girls and get vip for the girls etc etc. All of which is not your normal day to day in any breaks,dnb etc party.

;)

Cheers~

Never? Whats that ;D

Guest LdySphynx

;)

Cheers~

Never? Whats that ;D

It´s a girl with big titties ;D!!!

Guest project mayhem

;)

Cheers~

Never? Whats that ;D

It´s a girl with big titties ;D!!!

LOLOLOLOL, how could i have missed it.

Guest ClubDiva05

Agreed~ It's suicide to do an all "breaks night" at space. I'm talking about a melding of the genre's at these places. I do parties at many places that do as well as they can do to size of venue restrictions etc.

People want nothing different because they get fed the same 20 songs on rotation everyday, and when theyu go out the same at the club.

They have no base for comparison.

look @ 93-1. Same thing no wonder it failed.

I'm just adding fuel to the fire, trying to stir up conversation.

I think it's healthy for this "scene"

Helps us all bring new ideas so that....

we don't have to have poll's about what clubs are over, because there all slamming!

Totally agree with you on this one, I think Breaks would work way better with the SPACE crowd than hip-hop upstairs. Or maybe even try it out after the hiphop is over as sort of an afterhours. Could work!!!

Guest jamu

I agree with POD that clubs are very very very hesitant if not totally against bringing new sounds into the beach. But I honestly think if your not Crobar, Amika, Space, Metropolis, Nocturnal, or Nikki Beach, you need to do something different that stands out. I for one would like to see a residency with Hybrid here in Miami somewhere or Dara. Those guys are awsome, and they pull in great crowds. However it needs to be done correctly, and with the right promoters. Personally I think opium would be smart to move in a different direction. The might be wise to even more as far as Lounge DnB.

Guest dj_release

I agree with POD that clubs are very very very hesitant if not totally against bringing new sounds into the beach. But I honestly think if your not Crobar, Amika, Space, Metropolis, Nocturnal, or Nikki Beach, you need to do something different that stands out. I for one would like to see a residency with Hybrid here in Miami somewhere or Dara. Those guys are awsome, and they pull in great crowds. However it needs to be done correctly, and with the right promoters. Personally I think opium would be smart to move in a different direction. The might be wise to even more as far as Lounge DnB.

agreed.... right now all of the SoBe medium to small size clubs are doing the same damn thing.... reggaeton/hip hop/open format.... it's the same... why would anyone prefer go to one place or the other.... on any give night more than half of these places are empty... they are wasting money.... and if they try something different they only give the new promoters/djs a couple of nights to pull in crowds that they haven't been able to pull themselves with any type of format.... so it's a cycle that never ends and this clubs are still empty

Guest dirtyhouse777

miami needs a venue for electronic music similar to soho lounge, different crap going on in each room, possibly including a hiphop room (playing can-ox, aesop, tcq, etc.) no bottle service (keeps big spenders out). don't worry about bringing in big name djs.

but this won't happen.

Guest ClubAdvisor

Bruno????, Nikolas?????, LeMoch?????, Luna??????

Who are these guys???? they all play the same music. it all sucks and they have to name..

What Happened to Cutting Edge Miami????

it died when all these type of DJ's go to a club and call themselves DJ's.. Just couse i can go buy music and Mix.

Doesn't mean im a DJ.. these guys are lucky to be even playing in a third side room.. if that...

Actually the only one of these guys who is good its Bruno..

the rest :'( ...

if that's what people in Miami think what Good DJ's are

Miami has no chance...

Guest jamu

I have been to metropolis and I have enjoyed the music that people have played. I have enjoyed the humility and politeness of the people in and out of the booth have showed to me. I think a lot of people have taken CJ and started to use it as a forum to bitch at other people rather then to Praise and Compliment and support peers. To share their great expriences and waky expriences at the clubs. If you have something negative to say keep it to youself. Really I think some of us are really over it. If your a promoter or a DJ and start talking poorly about other people,, I have one suggestion.... Get over it. Deal with it or do something about it. If you don't like the scene or think its lacking do something to improve it, don't just bitch about it. Promote a new night and tell us about it. Learn about sound design, audio engineering, and music composition and write some good music for us. Pay for some good out of town dj's to come in and play. But don't just sit here and bitch. I am sure these guys have gotten a crowd, know how to dj and have fun. Thats why metropolis hired them. If they didn't... they wouldn't have been there and the crowd would not have supported them. But there is a crowd that comes in and supports them, and keeps paying to see them. Thats what important, and thats what counts. And at the end of the day thats what makes them DJ's.

Guest defunes

I'm new to the board Probably gonna start a hellstorm with this but what the hell:

I'm from the "Underground" for lack of a better word. I'm and NuSchool/Electro/breaks producer, DJ, live performer. (And for those who are about to hate don't i have records out, am on a label, have played everywhere so don't even go there.)

This is my opinion on all these clubs!

They are all the same, they are in the same catagory.

They have no imagination, they copy what European clubs did 10 years ago before alot of "party-goers" kinda woke up a bit.

Don't hate me know, but let's play a little game how about we play a little something different then the token house, trance DJ in these clubs. Why can't you do like a fabric" Have a place were house, breaks, DnB whatever plays. What a break-through! LOL.

The Random club-goer has no Idea what the hell they are listining to anyway nor do they care. Why don't these "Mega" Clubs try to touch the 100000000000000000000000's of jaded masses that don't go to these places because they book the same people because thats what the "manual" sais u have to do to make money.

Look don't take it wrong I've done a million parties also I know it's hard and blah blah blah but really, maybe the club will last be fresh innovative.

Shit wouldn't that be refreshing...

You asked ::)

Ok, now try writing that in proper english.

LMAO...I was thinking the same thing..

Guest Cosmigonon

Bruno????, Nikolas?????, LeMoch?????, Luna??????

Who are these guys???? they all play the same music. it all sucks and they have to name..

What Happened to Cutting Edge Miami????

it died when all these type of DJ's go to a club and call themselves DJ's.. Just couse i can go buy music and Mix.

Doesn't mean im a DJ.. these guys are lucky to be even playing in a third side room.. if that...

Actually the only one of these guys who is good its Bruno..

the rest :'( ...

if that's what people in Miami think what Good DJ's are

Miami has no chance...

Why don't you just STFU?????????? >:(

Saw Hybrid last night

good stuff

Guest defunes

Man I would love a weekly DnB party in Miami. I used to go to the Bootcamp days @ Missions, and it was fun as hell...sometimes I need to runaway from the house. Very seldomly but sometimes..

Guest aj2234

Man I would love a weekly DnB party in Miami. I used to go to the Bootcamp days @ Missions, and it was fun as hell...sometimes I need to runaway from the house. Very seldomly but sometimes..

fridays at i/0 are electro/breaks and d&b

goldie tonight

Guest dj_release

check out I/O for sure... last time i was there it was LTJ Bukem... the energy that night was unbelievable.... people were just rocking

you should check that out for you DnB relief ;D

Guest Civs

maaan...now I have to keep changing IP's cause there are a few clubs on that list that I'd like to pick.... :P

no need for that, simply use a proxy ;)

Guest tres-b

Saw Hybrid last night

good stuff

How were they? Considering going to hear them tomorrow night. Chus and Ceballos are here this Sunday night.

Guest teabag

last three threads I responded to... ended up on name calling and "owned" pics... I am trying not to say anything about club advisor's post .........but is really hard...

Guest coach
Promote a new night and tell us about it. Learn about sound design, audio engineering, and music composition and write some good music for us. Pay for some good out of town dj's to come in and play. .

Best advice ever. Also, there is a lot of different kinds of stuff going on. Maybe Mayhem, you sould get out more and see what is really up.