Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What CLUBS are just completely OVER!

Guest JustBeFABOLOUS9

Out of the clubs/lounges listed below which do you just not even bother going to because it's the sa  

1. 1. Out of the clubs/lounges listed below which do you just not even bother going to because it's the sa

Guest coach

Man I would love a weekly DnB party in Miami. I used to go to the Bootcamp days @ Missions, and it was fun as hell...sometimes I need to runaway from the house. Very seldomly but sometimes..

There were 2 on south beach for quite some time, one ran for over a year. Neither was very well attended. Both were quite good, musically.

I've been to breaks parties, too. And they tend to be lightly attended.

This is my point.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lulamishka
Too many disgruntled shut-ins in this town

Somewhere, Michelle's heart just broke.

LOL Renzo!

I'm not disgruntled and I don't bitch and moan! And my heart is just fine, thank you. :P

Guest Devilicious

LOL Renzo!

I'm not disgruntled and I don't bitch and moan! And my heart is just fine, thank you. :P

That's right! Who needs clubs when we have ice cream!

Guest lulamishka

LOL Renzo!

That's right! Who needs clubs when we have ice cream!

Ya damn right, Tal!!

Guest pod

Well all kidding aside, I do wonder why some people who bitch and moan about not getting "their" DJs in clubs just stay at home and play armchair-clubowner.

Guest jamu

Well all kidding aside, I do wonder why some people who bitch and moan about not getting "their" DJs in clubs just stay at home and play armchair-clubowner.

Right On POD!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest partyanimal#1

Bruno????, Nikolas?????, LeMoch?????, Luna??????

Who are these guys???? they all play the same music. it all sucks and they have to name..

What Happened to Cutting Edge Miami????

it died when all these type of DJ's go to a club and call themselves DJ's.. Just couse i can go buy music and Mix.

Doesn't mean im a DJ.. these guys are lucky to be even playing in a third side room.. if that...

Actually the only one of these guys who is good its Bruno..

the rest :'( ...

if that's what people in Miami think what Good DJ's are

Miami has no chance...

Why don't you just STFU?????????? >:(

this comment was made by no other big loser but ...

DMS12 who is a nobody .. and a fucking old timer that cant find new gigs. Hey dmstupid ,you asking who are this guys right ? but Im asking you .. who are you bro ? where do you spin at men ? loooooser

www.dms12.com

Guest partyanimal#1

Interesting that this guy DMS12 is the new afterhours resident at Metropolis...according to his site....his comments make a lot more sense now. ::)

maybe he wanted to be the head liner .. who knows .. in any case his comments are just really stupid if he is working in the same club.

I agree with POD that clubs are very very very hesitant if not totally against bringing new sounds into the beach. But I honestly think if your not Crobar, Amika, Space, Metropolis, Nocturnal, or Nikki Beach, you need to do something different that stands out. I for one would like to see a residency with Hybrid here in Miami somewhere or Dara. Those guys are awsome, and they pull in great crowds. However it needs to be done correctly, and with the right promoters. Personally I think opium would be smart to move in a different direction. The might be wise to even more as far as Lounge DnB.

Saw Hybrid last night

good stuff

How were they? Considering going to hear them tomorrow night. Chus and Ceballos are here this Sunday night.

music was on point but the lack of crowd was expected

Guest fended

I just spoke to Diego (DMS12). He's not "clubadvisor". I've known this guy for many years. I found it strange that he would get on this board and post.

I'm a neutral source

He doesn't work for me.

I realy doubt its him.

Emi

Guest JustBeFABOLOUS9

Bruno????, Nikolas?????, LeMoch?????, Luna??????

Who are these guys???? they all play the same music. it all sucks and they have to name..

What Happened to Cutting Edge Miami????

it died when all these type of DJ's go to a club and call themselves DJ's.. Just couse i can go buy music and Mix.

Doesn't mean im a DJ.. these guys are lucky to be even playing in a third side room.. if that...

Actually the only one of these guys who is good its Bruno..

the rest :'( ...

if that's what people in Miami think what Good DJ's are

Miami has no chance...

Sometimes I think things and just keep them to myself. There's moments that I keep my opinion a little more neutral than i'd like it to be. Obviously Club Adviosr lets us know his opinion without shame. I knew by starting this thread it would create some kinda drama, and probably end up in critizing the dj's at these venues.

Now about what he said... Well lets start of that Bruno shouldn't be on that list. Besides that I know it might be a little hypocritical of 'me' to be agreeing with him but I do. A lot of the 'newer dj's that spin now a days get paid a few hundred to up to a grand only because they play 'commercial music' and have energy. I look at it as the 'newer dj's' because I have been going to clubs/lounges only for the past 4-5 years or so. Yes I am young and to some might not know what i'm talking about, but I am pretty well rounded when it comes to knowing music and what not.

Anyone can go buy records and know how to spin. The thing that i've noticed about a lot of deejays in general is they do mix well but there song selection is quite crappy. Few dj's out right now have that 'wow'. I personally don't believe in you build that 'wow' and 'not everyone starts of being great' Yes true, but the same goes with actors/actresses models ect. In order to make it BIG you have to have something that makes you different. When it comes to dj'ing most of these guys leave it at the level of only being 'dj's'. They dont take it beyond that. Most play the SAME SONGS, SAME REMIX'S, and DONT HAVE THERE OWN FLARE. i.e. O G he's been around for years and he has always been just amazing. You hear him 7 years back and compare him to now and he is incredible 7 years ago and now.

And in my opinion from the considered 'newer' deejays Diaga I give it to you... reason why you are 'Best upcoming deejay' There's other that are also considered newer which I think are great but there's also that handful which are average-joes.

My turn to get bashed... ::)

Guest JustBeFABOLOUS9

STEPH...MAH BITCH@#@!#!@..well said hunny..i always knew you were a DEEJAY in a PAST LIFETIME... still goign to get that shirt that says..I LOVE DEEJAYS

WASSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LOL...

About the dj shirt NRLM ;D

Guest Willie Morales

There are many points in these posts but what everyone forgets is that there is somewhat of a learning curve in music... you are always in competition not just with everyone of your peers but with yourself... we as djs/musicians are always evolving and hopefully getting better... no one was just the shit from the beginning... there will always be new up and coming djs and there will always be a place for these guys to improve their skills whether it be opening for other djs or actually playing the whole night... good for them why not... I did not wake up one morning and say hmm I'm going to be a club DJ I fought for it and worked hard and that is exactly what all these guys are doing... glad to see the work is paying off... so I say to you keep up the good work and listen to your heart cause that is the only opinion that matters...

Guest Untouchablepurple

STEPH...MAH BITCH@#@!#!@..well said hunny..i always knew you were a DEEJAY in a PAST LIFETIME... still goign to get that shirt that says..I LOVE DEEJAYS

WASSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LOL...

About the dj shirt NRLM ;D

NRLM

TRANSLATION = Not really little monkey ;D

Guest Bahst

every club will get old after a while

like every dj, every actor, and etc.

people like talent and entertainment, but they also like variety and new trends..

if you look at the % of the pol, it is clear that the most unpopular clubs are the ones that have been around for the longest time...

a smart business man, will open a club.. keep it open for a couple of year, and either renovate it completly after a while or close it and open a new place ..

just my personal opinion :)

Guest riotgear

There are many points in these posts but what everyone forgets is that there is somewhat of a learning curve in music... you are always in competition not just with everyone of your peers but with yourself... we as djs/musicians are always evolving and hopefully getting better... no one was just the shit from the beginning... there will always be new up and coming djs and there will always be a place for these guys to improve their skills whether it be opening for other djs or actually playing the whole night... good for them why not... I did not wake up one morning and say hmm I'm going to be a club DJ I fought for it and worked hard and that is exactly what all these guys are doing... glad to see the work is paying off... so I say to you keep up the good work and listen to your heart cause that is the only opinion that matters...

wow man, i don't think i could have said that one better myself :) props !

Guest james stratus

a smart business man, will open a club.. keep it open for a couple of year, and either renovate it completly after a while or close it and open a new place ..

This is one component missing from Miami Clubbing. The Cubs don't really "redo" themselves after a certain amount of time. I'm going to throw out a new York comparision here, so hold on... Look at the legendary clubs in NY that were open and around for 10 years or more. Do you think they made it that long without changing the interior on a reasonably consitent basis and still kept the great vibe that made them so big. You have to keep it fresh because people get bored fast.