Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My walkthrough of Shine (mini preview)

Bling

All i can say is WoW. this is the kind of place ive lately geared myself towards. the smaller more intimate places that caters to a deeper sound not heard in the larger venues.

ill leave the details for my preview but all i can say is its upscale and beautiful

perfect size. its more of a ballroom then a club or a lounge, (multitiered and from wherever u are u can see the booth-very nerve style in shape)

it was an honor to meet the Legend Gerry Kelly :) (i was shocked he knew who i was) got a pic with him.

I mean owner of STATE, Level and Pacha in Ibiza for 10 yrs (the man knows his stuff)

opening weekend festivities looks fantastic. lots of high VERY HIGH PROFILE GUESTS have been invited for fri(invite only ) and sat...

i wont mention many except that Bill Clinton was invited for the black tie event....... :o :o :o :o :o (doesnt get better than that people)- not confirmed yet as i know but invited at least :)

sat lots of celebs invited.....

room is fantastic for djs like farina, heather. etc.. its not too big so it remains intimate yet big enuff to dance, move about have a VIP area etc

sound system is gonna be sick its similar to crobar's setup but the room is not even half the size of crobar and has low ceilings. soooooo the sound in there should be insane....

it has a restaurant, lounge (separate room) and the pool area will play an integral part into their plans as well. it seems as though shine is more than just a room but will incorporate a large portion of the hotel as well :)

cant wait....

thanks to eddy and jon for showing me around :)

oh yeah they are gonna be putting in a lot of artwork (one of which i saw already today-noiceeeeeeeeeee 8)

gerryandeddy.jpg

Eddy Guerra and Gerry Kelly

blingngerry.jpg

Myself and Gerry Kelly 8)

PS (cool to meet Chris Bourne (tarantella) as well 8)

Guest pod

sounds hot.

Custom JBL cabinets and super-secret DSPs I'm not allowed to talk about. Expect a pod-style commentary next week.

The mixer goes to 11.

Guest djjoncowan

we cranked up the system for the first time today... only steve dash can get crystal clear sound so perfect that you can have a conversation on the dance floor and still feel the bass in your chest... so excited 8) - good to see you today bling... I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of you in the near future... ;)

Guest HouseJunkie

crystal clear sound so perfect that you can have a conversation on the dance floor and still feel the bass in your chest

WOW, this I have to checkout!

crystal clear sound so perfect that you can have a conversation on the dance floor and still feel the bass in your chest

Now that's quality........... I bet it's not going to leave your ears ringing after you leave the club either.... That's one thing about Nocturnal's sound system that I always raved about.

Guest Civs

WOW' date=' this I have to checkout!

[/quote']

Now that's quality........... I bet it's not going to leave your ears ringing after you leave the club either.... That's one thing about Nocturnal's sound system that I always raved about.

sounds great. either, i always wear my ear plugs. u can never be too safe ;)

good review Bling...i am very glad that Jon has opened up another great venue...i am very excited about Shine opening up, it is anything like Nerve use to be (musically and quality of staff) then this place can do nothing less but succeed...congrats Jon on what seems to be another successful venue...

Guest djjoncowan

good review Bling...i am very glad that Jon has opened up another great venue...i am very excited about Shine opening up, it is anything like Nerve use to be (musically and quality of staff) then this place can do nothing less but succeed...congrats Jon on what seems to be another successful venue...

thanks guys! 8)

Guest dirtyhouse777

All i can say is WoW. this is the kind of place ive lately geared myself towards. the smaller more intimate places that caters to a deeper sound not heard in the larger venues.

just what miami needs. when i heard desyn was coming there i had wondered if it was like that

opening weekend festivities looks fantastic. lots of high VERY HIGH PROFILE GUESTS have been invited for fri(invite only ) and sat...

i wont mention many except that Bill Clinton was invited for the black tie event....... :o :o :o :o :o (doesnt get better than that people)- not confirmed yet as i know but invited at least :)

sat lots of celebs invited.....

celebs, who cares. clinton? ::)

room is fantastic for djs like farina, heather. etc.. its not too big so it remains intimate yet big enuff to dance, move about have a VIP area etc

great cause i always ride VIP ;D ::)

sound system is gonna be sick its similar to crobar's setup but the room is not even half the size of crobar and has low ceilings. soooooo the sound in there should be insane....

cant wait....

nor can i. sounds like this place is shaping up to be quite fab and could bring new artists to the local scene 8)

Guest Spankmeister

With the names that have already been 'dropped' and confirmed, looks like I will be spending a bit of time at this venue...

Love the news about the sound system....reminds me of a club in TO, Boa Redux, 170,000 watts of sound, but you could always hold a conversation and your ears never rang when you left...you could actually FEEL the sound...amazing.

Can't wait for Farina.

Guest swank

With the names that have already been 'dropped' and confirmed, looks like I will be spending a bit of time at this venue...

Love the news about the sound system....reminds me of a club in TO, Boa Redux, 170,000 watts of sound, but you could always hold a conversation and your ears never rang when you left...you could actually FEEL the sound...amazing.

Can't wait for Farina.

'Spank' speaks the truth I've been to 'BOA' and the sound is THICK!

Guest Darwin Castillo

With this alone, its a must see. Congrats on the new club and adventure!

Guest mp3some

Can't wait for Farina.

'Spank' speaks the truth I've been to 'BOA' and the sound is THICK!

With this alone, its a must see. Congrats on the new club and adventure!

Can You say Twilo ;) -- aka Steve Dash's room for experimenting and developing the world-renowned Phazon systems...

Sound so perfect, you go home after 7 hr sets and have no ringing in your ears.... no joke! :o

I can think of a few other club owners who should give this guy a call! :-X