Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HOUSE IS A FEELING.....

djoscarg

AND THAT FEELING WAS AT SHINE LAST NIGHT!!!

Honesty is my policy...Ive loved house music for almost 20 years now...what made me fall in love with it in the first place was a certain feeling it can create....that feeling seems harder to come by these days...last night that feeling was THERE....Kelvin Andrews and Mark Farina did something special...I heard records I hadnt heard in over ten years as well as records Ive never heard before...I was transported to a time when house music is all I lived for...it was inspiring and the perfect birthday gift....

Congratulations Shine....system is flawless...room looks great and the vibe was magical...I feel lucky to have been there....I'm a believer again!!!!

respect to those who know..

OG

Guest ramon

one word to describe last night was JACK. I didn't give a fuck what was being played .. I didn't care how it old was. I just know I danced my ass off and it was good just to loose myself in the music once more. nice to see so many people representing for the love of this music.

Guest djjoncowan

AND THAT FEELING WAS AT SHINE LAST NIGHT!!!

Honesty is my policy...Ive loved house music for almost 20 years now...what made me fall in love with it in the first place was a certain feeling it can create....that feeling seems harder to come by these days...last night that feeling was THERE....Kelvin Andrews and Mark Farina did something special...I heard records I hadnt heard in over ten years as well as records Ive never heard before...I was transported to a time when house music is all I lived for...it was inspiring and the perfect birthday gift....

Congratulations Shine....system is flawless...room looks great and the vibe was magical...I feel lucky to have been there....I'm a believer again!!!!

respect to those who know..

OG

oscar,

thankyou so much for the kind words. It was truely a pleasure for all of us to host you on the night of your birthday. I know kelvin was like a kid in a candy store when he met you as he's a HUGE fan of the murk stuff. How wicked was it when mark dropped your old tune? what was it 12 yrs old? anyways, thankyou again for your support and the entire shine crew hopes you enjoyed your birthday with us. Big Big props to mr. mark farina. what an amazing set! Looking forward to his already schedualed return in the near future. Hope to see you all with us soon

sincerely

Jon ;)

Guest pod

Never heard Mark live before, but I had a blast. Nothing too trainspotty, nothing too commercial. Shots were taken, shit talking ensued, good times all around. Fun to see the "real" old school out and about. Talking circa 2000 here.

Guest r3nz0

Mark Farina was amazing! I cannot emphasize that enough! :o :o :o

Also, although I wasn't able to hear his set, it was nice to meet Kelvin. I'm looking forward to hearing some more techno, like I told him. ;) Overall, I liked Shine. Nice lil' setup and sound system they have going on there.

The only drawback of the night was paying $12 for Grey Goose and Sprite. I think people from CJ, or at least me, should drink free Grey Goose @ Shine. Make that happen, Jon. :P

Guest Spankmeister

Last night was a most excellent event....

I have been a fan of Mr Farina for quite a while now, and he brought his usual skills to Shine last night. Last night as well was the first time I have heard Kelvin Andrews and I must say that I was well impressed. I have a feeling he played a bit more downtempo as he was 'opening', and I can't wait to hear a headlining set from him. ;D

Mark to me, is a true old-school house DJ. In Chicago (Smartbar to be more specific), it isn't about the latest tracks, it isn't about what the people are wearing, it isn't about the venue, it isn't about anything but the music. New tracks, old tracks, just as long as the feeling is there, that is all that matters. Mark Farina brings that. He brought that last night, when I was looking around, seeing people dancing, smiling, grooving to the funky house beats....I was transported.

Last night was the first time since I have been in Miami that I felt that.....not that it isn't here, but I just haven't felt it (or been in the venue where it was)....it wasn't about the big-room blowout (not that a big-room blowout is a bad thing), but there is something about being in the room where the DJ is spinning what they love, the crowd is loving what the DJ is spinning and the magical connection is made.

Thank you to Mark Farina and Kelvin Andrews for the excellent night of music.

Guest Eddy Guerra

mark was amaizing, the club was awesome and the vibe was great, i cant tell you enough how happy i am to be aprt of this prodject. im glad you had a good bday brother ;D. it was definetly a special night

Guest djjoncowan

mark was amaizing, the club was awesome and the vibe was great, i cant tell you enough how happy i am to be aprt of this prodject. im glad you had a good bday brother ;D. it was definetly a special night

we're glad to have you on board too eddy. thanks again to oscar for putting such a magical night into words.... ;)

Guest Darwin Castillo

Sounds like it was a blast. That's what a dj should make u feel no matter if he plays every single week (hint hint)... thats a dj that knows what he has and knows what he wants (for him and for the people). Wish i would have made it, next time ey? Good words OG!