Clubplanet Nightlife Community

FOOTBALL OR AMERICAN FOOTBALL

240turbo

Which do you think is more physically demanding?  

1. 1. Which do you think is more physically demanding?

OK let's hear it guys..........Don't get me wrong I like American football as well, but i prefer Soccer. And I also think that Soccer requires more endurance because you are constantly running on a much bigger field for 90 minutes non stop. Whereas in American Football they blow the whistle every minute allowing the players to rest.

Guest dre4

i love football, with soccer a close second..but i wish the rest of the world truly understood the game of football and the complexity involved....it's war with generals and soldiers...yes soccer players may have more enndurance but it's 2 diff sports...football is more sprinting and loads of power and requires a diff type of athlete..furthermore ask any football player how they feel the day after a football game..it's total hell much worst than the day after a soccer game.....football players are stronger, faster, and are in a league of their own...shit most linemen can outrun soccer players in a short sprint....but soccer is incredible and the nationality that goes with it is like no other feeling.....world cup 2006 cant wait!!!!!

i love football, with soccer a close second..but i wish the rest of the world truly understood the game of football and the complexity involved....it's war with generals and soldiers...yes soccer players may have more enndurance but it's 2 diff sports...football is more sprinting and loads of power and requires a diff type of athlete..furthermore ask any football player how they feel the day after a football game..it's total hell much worst than the day after a soccer game.....football players are stronger, faster, and are in a league of their own...shit most linemen can outrun soccer players in a short sprint....but soccer is incredible and the nationality that goes with it is like no other feeling.....world cup 2006 cant wait!!!!!

I used to play soccer man........ And I can tell you that after a long 90 minute session of non stop running. It used to take me at least 2-3 days to fully recover. And i doubt football players can outrun soccer players.

Guest dre4

yeah but football players also run and get the crap kicked out of them while doing it...it's more intense and yes most rb's, safety's cb's, wr's, and michael vick would smoke any soccer player

Guest swirlundergrounder

the only time i ever consider watching soccer is during the world cup, and thats usually only the highlights.

Yeah the highlights on ESPN's Cold Pizza when after I get done scratching my ball in the morning....LOL

J/K gotta respect Soccer though.

yeah but football players also run and get the crap kicked out of them while doing it...it's more intense and yes most rb's, safety's cb's, wr's, and michael vick would smoke any soccer player

Did you ever see those fowards sprinting to score a goal? Apparently not....try running full speed while dribbling and not losing control of the ball... Although i do give NFL players full credit for getting beat down like that. One thing you have to realize though RB's and WR's get to rest after each play once the whistle blows.

Guest pod

Who cares? It's not the game that's important, the important part is getting drunk and beating the snot out of the opposing team's fanbase.

Guest dre4

yeah but football players also run and get the crap kicked out of them while doing it...it's more intense and yes most rb's' date=' safety's cb's, wr's, and michael vick would smoke any soccer player

[/quote']

Did you ever see those fowards sprinting to score a goal? Apparently not....try running full speed while dribbling and not losing control of the ball... Although i do give NFL players full credit for getting beat down like that. One thing you have to realize though RB's and WR's get to rest after each play once the whistle blows.

i'm not taking away from soccer whatsoever...i think the players are incredibly talented both what they can do with the ball while running full speed....all i'm saying is that football players are stronger and more powerful and many of them are faster than soccer players...it's a totally different game....football is more short sprinting and power while soccer is more endurance with some sprinting involved..yeah they get to rest but it doesn't mean that they don't get as tired..having said that they are the 2 best sports in the world

Guest Cosmigonon

I like soccer better, footbal in 2nd place. But those 2 sports are totally different one from another, so you can't compare them at all, I use to have this type of discusion when I was a kid, but now i understand it's just pointless...

Guest JMT
...you can't compare them at all, I use to have this type of discusion when I was a kid, but now i understand it's just pointless...

right, just pick your favorite and leave it at that.

yeah but football players also run and get the crap kicked out of them while doing it...it's more intense and yes most rb's' date=' safety's cb's, wr's, and michael vick would smoke any soccer player

[/quote']

95% of all RB's and WR's can out run or hang with every soccer player on earth, all the while wearing 12 pounds of gear and having to be muscular instead of just pure lean like soccer players...

Jermone Bettis will hang with most soccer players, with 12 pounds of gear and he will then run you right over like you were not even there and he's in his mid 30's...

You are pretty clueless...

95% of all RB's and WR's can out run or hang with every soccer player on earth, all the while wearing 12 pounds of gear and having to be muscular instead of just pure lean like soccer players...

Jermone Bettis will hang with most soccer players, with 12 pounds of gear and he will then run you right over like you were not even there and he's in his mid 30's...

You are pretty clueless...

I'm not even going to go back and forth with you Nick. this is something we're never going to agree on, and i simply don't have time for that.

you never answered my question, have you ever played real football with all the gear??? I played 14 years of traveling soccer and 5 years of football, football players sprint more while soccer players for the most part only jog all game only with spurts of sprinting... Unless you have played both, you can't really talk.... Also it's not just running as a football player, you are blocking and tackling and trying to avoid getting killed, it takes way way way more energy to play football than soccer, remember now, I played both..

Guest mursa

Football = Short burst of speed and agility....with many Stopages and Timeouts to recuperate ( add to it halftime )

Soccer = Stamina / Jogging and Many short bursts of speed throughout essencially 90 minutes ( with 1, 15 minute stopage stopage ..Halftime)

nuff said .

ps..and yes i played soccer for most of my life. 8)

Football = Short burst of speed and agility....with many Stopages and Timeouts to recuperate ( add to it halftime )

Soccer = Stamina / Jogging and Many short bursts of speed throughout essencially 90 minutes ( with 1, 15 minute stopage stopage ..Halftime)

nuff said .

have you ever played football??? if no, then please don't answer, but unless you have played football, you will never understand...

Guest mursa

nuff said .

have you ever played football??? if no, then please don't answer, but unless you have played football, you will never understand...

yes i have FYI ..(high school) .......have you ever played soccer ?!?

In terms of fullbody fitness a CB and WR and some special teams players are the closest to that of a high level soccer player .

I understand your mentality of all that is Red/ White and Blue is superior.....so no real point in arguing with you .

nuff said .

yes i have FYI ..(high school) .......have you ever played soccer ?!?

In terms of fullbody fitness a CB and WR and some special teams players are the closest to that of a high level soccer player .

I understand your mentality of all that is Red/ White and Blue is superior.....so no real point in arguing with you .

lol

Guest lyrik

I think that a professional sport that has been proven to actually shorten your life span because of the physical torment it's players endure requires a bit more stamina and endurance...athletes are athletes and speed is speed...I'm sure you can draw comparisons across the board...I mean look at some of the athletes that compete in the Olympics that have gone on to play WR in the NFL...it's one thing to run fast and have endurance...try running full steam into a 340 lb lineman 25 times a game and see how much stamina you have after that.

My dad played soccer for 20 years - American football none...I played both...aside from getting winded during soccer and a few leg bruises...there is no comparison of the physical pain you feel in football compared to soccer...have your fingers smashed between helmets...or a helmet to helmet hit...spikes dug into you and so much worse - the impact felt on the skeletal structure in football is so much worse...not too mention working out in 100+ temps at times with gear on is a little easier to deal with compared to light shorts and tops...but then again football is also played in below freezing temps as well...you can only imagine how it feels to get hit good on a cold night...let alone a bare knuckles hit or smashed into the frozen ground.

Want to know what seperates the best from the best...money...the more you make in your specific sport the better you are...at least in theory.