Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why are there so many great DJ reviews...

V. Barbarino

yet, you go to these events and none of the chicks are dancing????

I wish CJ and it's ilk would stop hypeing djs who fail to make the masses dance, IT'S FUCKING KILLING OUR SCENE!!!! CLUB OWNERS, MANAGERS, BOOKING AGENTS, STOP READING THE CJ REVIEWS, YOU ARE NOT GETTING THE WHOLE PICTURE!!!!

Run your club like a business and stop booking djs based upon how great they spun and it was "amazing" and the minimal and the techo and the tribal and the bla bla bla bla bla bla bla...

From now on, I'm only going to check djs out who come to town and get reviews such as "all the chicks were dancing" aka Roger, Erick, Tsettos, Rudnick, Feelgood, Disciple, Deep Dish, OG before he goes off the deep end, Roland on occasions etc.... I should have checked out Charles Feelgood, I hear he's ripping Mansion up... I checked out a few clubs this weekend, i did it by myself and snuck in with no one noticing me, I wanted to check on all our so called "amazing djs".... Other parties I got reports from my guys and remember they were properly trained by me to know what to look for... All bad reviews!!!! Though the Jimmy T reviews were really good..

In the mean time for all you ladies who just want to dance and have a good time and you don't give a fuck about the dj and what he drops, then shoot by Shine this Wed....

For the rest of yous, you losers make me sick and half of yous are lying threw your teeth!!!!!!! I got to the top by being honest...

I did my homework for this web night, you can all be reassured, after I scouted Miami and Denny spun till 11:45am in NYC on sat, we are ready... We bust our asses preparing, so the hard earn money you spend at our events is well worth it... NO EGO DJ BULLSHIT, JUST GOOD TUNES AND GOOD TIMES.. And make sure you come say hi to Denny he loves meeting you people...

ps, did DD really play a Bruce bootleg??? I need to know which track it was.... If you don't know the name give me some lyrics, I'm a Bruce freak!

my rant is done, see you Wed at Shine!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest musicalmissionary

That's right people... if you went to a club this weekend and loved the music but the chicks weren't dancing then please DO NOT give the DJ any props because he obviously failed to do his job. ::)

Listen up Saltene... it's not the DJ's job to get chicks to the club. That's the promoter's job. Once they're there, yes, it's the DJ's job to make them dance, but they gotta show up first.

Guest musicalmissionary

Run your club like a business and stop booking djs based upon how great they spun and it was "amazing" and the minimal and the techo and the tribal and the bla bla bla bla bla bla bla...

Umm... who in this town is "booking djs based upon how great they spun and it was "amazing" and the minimal and the techo and the tribal"?

Guest pod

And that is why you can't hype it up as a "music" event. Girls don't like music events. They immediately thing a bunch of people gawking at the DJ and writing down tracks.

Guest colione98

I wish CJ and it's ilk would stop hypeing djs who fail to make the masses dance, IT'S FUCKING KILLING OUR SCENE!!!! CLUB OWNERS, MANAGERS, BOOKING AGENTS, STOP READING THE CJ REVIEWS, YOU ARE NOT GETTING THE WHOLE PICTURE!!!!

Oh, yes it's ladies night! Oh, what a night..... Oo Oo Oo

Guest pod

why would you base success of a set on how much p00n-tang is dancing.

Because girls drive the club industry. I'd rather get laid than trainspot.

Guest ramon

wow .. saleen said minimal .. but FFS spell techno right atleast.

Guest LeVeL

From now on, I'm only going to check djs out who come to town and get reviews such as "all the chicks were dancing" aka Roger, Erick, Tsettos, Rudnick, Feelgood, Disciple, Deep Dish, OG before he goes off the deep end, Roland on occasions etc.... I should have checked out Charles Feelgood, I hear he's ripping Mansion up... I checked out a few clubs this weekend, i did it by myself and snuck in with no one noticing me, I wanted to check on all our so called "amazing djs".... Other parties I got reports from my guys and remember they were properly trained by me to know what to look for... All bad reviews!!!! Though the Jimmy T reviews were really good..

In the mean time for all you ladies who just want to dance and have a good time and you don't give a fuck about the dj and what he drops, then shoot by Shine this Wed....

For the rest of yous, you losers make me sick and half of yous are lying threw your teeth!!!!!!! I got to the top by being honest...

I did my homework for this web night, you can all be reassured, after I scouted Miami and Denny spun till 11:45am in NYC on sat, we are ready... We bust our asses preparing, so the hard earn money you spend at our events is well worth it... NO EGO DJ BULLSHIT, JUST GOOD TUNES AND GOOD TIMES.. And make sure you come say hi to Denny he loves meeting you people...

ps, did DD really play a Bruce bootleg??? I need to know which track it was.... If you don't know the name give me some lyrics, I'm a Bruce freak!

my rant is done, see you Wed at Shine!!!

I think I saw you at Shine this weekend and yeah I agree with what you say too some degree but Kelvin was playing nice on Saturday but I agree with you...the people were not dancing. But hey its a lounge and its different.

Guest musicalmissionary

I think I saw you at Shine this weekend and yeah I agree with what you say too some degree but Kelvin was playing nice on Saturday but I agree with you...the people were not dancing. But hey its a lounge and its different.

I saw him there too and I'm sure he's referring to the sparse crowd at Shine Saturday night. But the truth of the matter is that the girls that were there were dancing. Trust me' date=' I was watching. It's just ass-backwards to blame a DJ for the lack of crowd. That's not the DJ's business. Kelvin had the people that were there dancing...

silly, just silly

loved every minute of Saturday night. Props to Kelvin, he had me dancing on the bar....

;D

Guest coach

why would you base success of a set on how much p00n-tang is dancing.

What other basis is there? All about the ladies.

I mean, except in certain clubs where it is all about the circuit-boys, but the basic idea is the same.

Guest Darwin Castillo

And that is why you can't hype it up as a "music" event. Girls don't like music events. They immediately thing a bunch of people gawking at the DJ and writing down tracks.

That's Bling, ha ha ha. J/K dude! ;D

Guest pod

props bro! if all you care about is stuffing your meat bat in some hole. snatch will always be around. ;)

That being said, the success of a set means that the venue is packed, everyone is dancing, and money is being spent at the bar.

Guest musicalmissionary

props bro! if all you care about is stuffing your meat bat in some hole. snatch will always be around. ;)

That being said, the success of a set means that the venue is packed, everyone is dancing, and money is being spent at the bar.

That's the success of the PARTY, not the set. The success of the set is how much did it move the crowd that was there, however big or small it was. Bar sales, bitches, and bucks are measures of the promotion.

Sure a DJ can clear a crowd out and then it's his fault. But that did not happen at any of the parties that I've seen people hyping the dj's for this weekend.

Guest Seb

Feelgood was on point this weekend.

Everyone was dancing and having a good time.

no doubt Feelgood delivered the goods Saturday night 8) Kept it bangin all night, love that Ying Yang Twins track he dropped. I think theres talk of a residency so I think we'll be seeing more of him in the future, he's also gonna be down in a couple of weeks to play @ Flow in West Palm ;)

Guest ramon

no doubt Feelgood delivered the goods Saturday night 8) Kept it bangin all night, love that Ying Yang Twins track he dropped. I think theres talk of a residency so I think we'll be seeing more of him in the future, he's also gonna be down in a couple of weeks to play @ Flow in West Palm ;)

Whisper Song remix?

Guest Seb

Whisper Song remix?

no it was "Wait Till I Show You This" on Floorplay records not sure who did the remixing duties though ???

Guest BAEZ

Well to some extent i do agree with Mr Saleen. Women are the life of the party. If girls arent dancing, then who are the guys dancing with?

And women run everything, its called pussy power. SO YES, a DJ should play for the ladies, fuck the guys, we have fun drinking beer and looking at bikini calendars!

Guest musicalmissionary

Well to some extent i do agree with Mr Saleen. Women are the life of the party. If girls arent dancing, then who are the guys dancing with?

And women run everything, its called pussy power. SO YES, a DJ should play for the ladies, fuck the guys, we have fun drinking beer and looking at bikini calendars!

Where he's wrong is placing the blame on the DJ if the dancefloor isn't packed with chicks dancing. The responsibility lies on the promoter to get the chicks there and then then DJ to make them move.

The title of his thread should have been "Why so many great party reviews..." rather than "...... DJ reviews..."