Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why are there so many great DJ reviews...

V. Barbarino

Guest BAEZ

Well to some extent i do agree with Mr Saleen. Women are the life of the party. If girls arent dancing, then who are the guys dancing with?

And women run everything, its called pussy power. SO YES, a DJ should play for the ladies, fuck the guys, we have fun drinking beer and looking at bikini calendars!

Where he's wrong is placing the blame on the DJ if the dancefloor isn't packed with chicks dancing. The responsibility lies on the promoter to get the chicks there and then then DJ to make them move.

The title of his thread should have been "Why so many great party reviews..." rather than "...... DJ reviews..."

True - True!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ramon

Feelgood was on point this weekend.

Everyone was dancing and having a good time.

no doubt Feelgood delivered the goods Saturday night 8) Kept it bangin all night, love that Ying Yang Twins track he dropped. I think theres talk of a residency so I think we'll be seeing more of him in the future, he's also gonna be down in a couple of weeks to play @ Flow in West Palm ;)

Whisper Song remix?

no it was "Wait Till I Show You This" on Floorplay records not sure who did the remixing duties though ???

yeah its fuckin hot!

Luciano has been playing it all over. I heard it first Labor Day weekend ..

Guest Cosmigonon

why would you base success of a set on how much p00n-tang is dancing.

Because girls drive the club industry. I'd rather get laid than trainspot.

props bro! if all you care about is stuffing your meat bat in some hole. snatch will always be around. ;)

That's basically all I care for. With the right music of course...

Guest Darwin Castillo

Well, there are so many people talking the hype, but thanks to u (Nick aka Saleen), there will always be someone to tell the truth. Did the dj f up, yeah. Did the dj drop repetitive tracks and not know it, yeah. Don’t sweat the dj by saying he rocks, he was awesome, when he had glitches. Everyone has glitches, like when dj’s (not naming no names but there are several) say they are having a classic night. What kind of classics are you talking about? The dj didn’t play the 80’s house into the early 90’s house but hey, he/she/they were great right? Not! Keep the writing official.

And that is why you can't hype it up as a "music" event. Girls don't like music events. They immediately thing a bunch of people gawking at the DJ and writing down tracks.

That's Bling, ha ha ha. J/K dude! ;D

i dont gawk lol i do write tracks though

Guest lyrik

no doubt Feelgood delivered the goods Saturday night 8) Kept it bangin all night, love that Ying Yang Twins track he dropped. I think theres talk of a residency so I think we'll be seeing more of him in the future, he's also gonna be down in a couple of weeks to play @ Flow in West Palm ;)

Whisper Song remix?

no it was "Wait Till I Show You This" on Floorplay records not sure who did the remixing duties though ???

yeah its fuckin hot!

Ya Derrick dropped that a while back at gryphon when he was here - been out for a bit - it's pretty cool and ya it's off floorplay

Guest skywalker01

sadly, i've been to more than a few sausage parties that still went the fuck off, musically speaking. the most recent: nick warren/ danny howells in orlando last month. the reality is that edm is a male dominated scene. i'm generalizing and i know there are exceptions, but plenty of girls go for the party rather than the music.

btw, dancing solo and edm kinda go hand in hand anyway

Whisper Song remix?

yeah its fuckin hot!

Ya Derrick dropped that a while back at gryphon when he was here - been out for a bit - it's pretty cool and ya it's off floorplay

ahh nice it was that track huh. that was a great tune . one of the better sets of the year IMHO was derrick at gryphon.

Guest ramon

Whisper Song remix?

yeah its fuckin hot!

yep yep .. i didnt remember till aterwards.. im sitll after the fuckin vinyl though ;)

Guest michael^heaven

That's the success of the PARTY, not the set. The success of the set is how much did it move the crowd that was there, however big or small it was. Bar sales, bitches, and bucks are measures of the promotion.

---100% agreed!!

Well to some extent i do agree with Mr Saleen. Women are the life of the party. If girls arent dancing, then who are the guys dancing with?

And women run everything, its called pussy power. SO YES, a DJ should play for the ladies, fuck the guys, we have fun drinking beer and looking at bikini calendars!

---What^?? I don't even know where to start on this one!! To begin, couple dancing does not go hand-in-hand with house, trance, etc. Dance with who the f@#k ever! Dance with yourself...dance in front of the speaker...who gives a sh#t. Go take the tango elsewhere!! Next...women run everything??? Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!! Mate, time to unleash the pussy whip around your knob. It's squeezing both heads way too tight!! A dj should play for the entire crowd...not just one or the other. If all you're about is drinking beer & wanking to bikini calendars then hit up your local sports pub, not a dance club.

Guest The_Man

The best dj's make the trainspotters, newbies and the everyday listener dance. they include everyone in the mix.

But I gotta agree, no ladies dancing their asses off=lame party. Fuck being surrounded by a bunch of dudes. :-X :-X

nick - your internet must be up finally ??? lol

I agree with ya.. if the chicks don't dance you might as well hang at Twist.. good music and a sausage fest :P

It is the promoters job to get people in - chicks and guys.. but its the dj's job to make them move.. unless you are in a lounge sitting down sipping cocktails.

Guest Cosmigonon

That's the success of the PARTY, not the set. The success of the set is how much did it move the crowd that was there, however big or small it was. Bar sales, bitches, and bucks are measures of the promotion.

---100% agreed!!

---What^?? I don't even know where to start on this one!! To begin, couple dancing does not go hand-in-hand with house, trance, etc. Dance with who the f@#k ever! Dance with yourself...dance in front of the speaker...who gives a sh#t. Go take the tango elsewhere!! Next...women run everything??? Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!! Mate, time to unleash the pussy whip around your knob. It's squeezing both heads way too tight!! A dj should play for the entire crowd...not just one or the other. If all you're about is drinking beer & wanking to bikini calendars then hit up your local sports pub, not a dance club.

Sure, not required to dance in couples, but would you want to be dancing surrounded by girls or guys?? Unless of course that's your taste, un which case is all good. Like laura said, you can always go to Twist.

Guest JustDade

What I think you are getting at, Saleen, is this...

There is a difference between being a great DJ and being the right DJ for the room or party. The CJ people tend to be more underground and EDM intensive so when they hear certain DJs, they think it was awsome. BUT....the people who are not Ramon may not think it was so good because they didn't get it and just came for a party.

It's the owner's job to know what the DJ will play before he hires him and to make sure that he hires the right person for the party and crowd.

There is a difference between being a great DJ and being the right DJ for the room or party. The CJ people tend to be more underground and EDM intensive so when they hear certain DJs, they think it was awsome. BUT....the people who are not Ramon may not think it was so good because they didn't get it and just came for a party.

It's the owner's job to know what the DJ will play before he hires him and to make sure that he hires the right person for the party and crowd.

WRONG!!!!!! A great dj can play to any room, such as Oscar G. A good dj can adjust and adapt!

WRONG!!!!!! A great dj can play to any room, such as Oscar G. A good dj can adjust and adapt!

yes, he is. Also, i like to add EdgarV

Guest musicalmissionary

WRONG!!! A great DJ causes people to instantaneously multiply and makes guys morph into wild dancing hot chicks so that he can turn any club crowd, however big or small, into an instant Girls Gone Wild show. Only then is said DJ worthy of a good review. ;D

Guest JustDade

That's why you'll never be a true Club Legend.....

When a DJ is playing music he feels passionate about, he's at his best. When he has to change to adapt to a room....he's a jukebox!

Oscar is different because he loves to play more than one sound so he does it all well.

Guest BAEZ

---100% agreed!!

perdon, no hablo ingles!

Guest coach

yet, you go to these events and none of the chicks are dancing????

To answer this question more directly, I think the reason there are good reviews for parties that may not have been well attended, nor had many people dancing, is that different people have different things they are looking for in a night out. A lot of people here are more music lovers than they are party lovers. Nothing wrong with that, just different preferences. Does this make their reviews wrong? Not for them.

Guest musicalmissionary

yet, you go to these events and none of the chicks are dancing????

To answer this question more directly, I think the reason there are good reviews for parties that may not have been well attended, nor had many people dancing, is that different people have different things they are looking for in a night out. A lot of people here are more music lovers than they are party lovers. Nothing wrong with that, just different preferences. Does this make their reviews wrong? Not for them.

James, common sense doesn't have the kind of shock appeal that Saleen relies on to maintain his image. He's gotta say outlandish things to get attention. I find it quite comical actually.

Its always about the music anyway guys.. we all know that... when you're really in a groove or your dj is dropping your favorite track - do you really give a shit who the DJ is or who your dancing next too??

Sure its nice to see a bunch of chicks dancing - but at the same time, it shouldn't really matter as long as YOU like what you're hearing...

I don't think when LP interviews or meets with a future DJ at space, he demands to see numbers on how many chicks the dj brings.. like he gives a shit. He wants people in there to buy drinks, bring him revenue, have fun and of course, keep Space going...

Its no secret saleen loves his vocal remixes and should check out the coliseum on a saturday so he'll be happy... yes its nice to see the dancefloor chock full of women.. go to any tourist trap on the beach and you'll get just that.. When it comes to EDM and certain genres of music - you're not always going to get the clueless clubber to appreciate the beats that we do. Not all women are into the scene like us CJ gals are... so therefore you're not always going to get a room full of dancing ladies since the latest JLo track isn't playing for them to sing along too.... Its just the way it goes sometimes.

You want a room full of ladies dancing, check out my fav club called Tootsies on 441 :P

Its always about the music anyway guys.. we all know that... when you're really in a groove or your dj is dropping your favorite track - do you really give a shit who the DJ is or who your dancing next too??

Sure its nice to see a bunch of chicks dancing - but at the same time, it shouldn't really matter as long as YOU like what you're hearing...

I don't think when LP interviews or meets with a future DJ at space, he demands to see numbers on how many chicks the dj brings.. like he gives a shit. He wants people in there to buy drinks, bring him revenue, have fun and of course, keep Space going...

Its no secret saleen loves his vocal remixes and should check out the coliseum on a saturday so he'll be happy... yes its nice to see the dancefloor chock full of women.. go to any tourist trap on the beach and you'll get just that.. When it comes to EDM and certain genres of music - you're not always going to get the clueless clubber to appreciate the beats that we do. Not all women are into the scene like us CJ gals are... so therefore you're not always going to get a room full of dancing ladies since the latest JLo track isn't playing for them to sing along too.... Its just the way it goes sometimes.

You want a room full of ladies dancing, check out my fav club called Tootsies on 441 :P

did someone say tootsies ? ;D