Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why are there so many great DJ reviews...

V. Barbarino

Guest Marina22

I don't even know what to say... ::) I kinda agree with this whole jukebox thing about the DJ adapting too much; however, he should still be able to read a crowd and adapt by communicating within his/her specific style. I don't care about the chicks either way, of course, I just hate this whole couples lambadaing in my way on the dancefloor shit. I gotta boyfriend and we just do our thing cause it's way too crowded most of the time anyway. The best are the idiots that are text messaging in the middle of the dancefloor when the shit gets crazy, sheesh!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I think you are getting at, Saleen, is this...

There is a difference between being a great DJ and being the right DJ for the room or party. The CJ people tend to be more underground and EDM intensive so when they hear certain DJs, they think it was awsome. BUT....the people who are not Ramon may not think it was so good because they didn't get it and just came for a party.

It's the owner's job to know what the DJ will play before he hires him and to make sure that he hires the right person for the party and crowd.

WRONG!!!!!! A great dj can play to any room, such as Oscar G. A good dj can adjust and adapt!

That's why you'll never be a true Club Legend.....

When a DJ is playing music he feels passionate about, he's at his best. When he has to change to adapt to a room....he's a jukebox!

Oscar is different because he loves to play more than one sound so he does it all well.

So much to teach you, so little time. Pay attention young grasshopper, you are like the CJ ilk and the old "it's all about the muisc" It's never about the music, it's all about the Benjamins!

The only thing a DJ should be "passionate" about is entertaining the crowd regardless what the crowd wants to hear.. Thats the job of a DJ, to entertain! If Bob Marley was alive and did a concert and played all his underground hits that few have ever heard, he would get booed because he didn't play for the crowd and entertain the crowd...

Gekko needs to hire me as his consigleri!

Guest Darwin Castillo

What I think you are getting at, Saleen, is this...

There is a difference between being a great DJ and being the right DJ for the room or party. The CJ people tend to be more underground and EDM intensive so when they hear certain DJs, they think it was awsome. BUT....the people who are not Ramon may not think it was so good because they didn't get it and just came for a party.

It's the owner's job to know what the DJ will play before he hires him and to make sure that he hires the right person for the party and crowd.

WRONG!!!!!! A great dj can play to any room, such as Oscar G. A good dj can adjust and adapt!

You consider him great, ha ha ha. ;D Good one Saleen! ;D

Guest LeVeL

I agree to some terms what Saleen is saying but also 60% of the crowd that goes to Electronic Music events are guys. Its just like that, eventually you'll see your good looking ladies every now and then but usually its all guys.

Guest pussErox

I agree to some terms what Saleen is saying but also 60% of the crowd that goes to Electronic Music events are guys. Its just like that' date=' eventually you'll see your good looking ladies every now and then but usually its all guys.

[/quote']

yes, but half of them are most likely gay.

Guest JMT
The best are the idiots that are text messaging in the middle of the dancefloor when the shit gets crazy, sheesh!

do you have a phone that works telepathically?