Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How bad is the house scene and the industry?

V. Barbarino

Curious to see what you guys think.. In my opinon, it's as bad as I've ever seen it.... We could be on the verge of a colapse of the house scene in the US.... I must admit, after 11 years I'm over it and I'm done with it as a fan, it's just a business for me now..

All you djs out there, my advice, while you spin once a week, go to school and get a degree, you'll need it soon enough...

Jocks blame 9-11 and they may be right, but where they are all wrong is their thinking the scene will come back, it's not...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swank

Curious to see what you guys think.. In my opinon, it's as bad as I've ever seen it.... We could be on the verge of a colapse of the house scene in the US.... I must admit, after 11 years I'm over it and I'm done with it as a fan, it's just a business for me now..

All you djs out there, my advice, while you spin once a week, go to school and get a degree, you'll need it soon enough...

Jocks blame 9-11 and they may be right, but where they are all wrong is their thinking the scene will come back, it's not...

don't give up so soon! ;)

Guest pussErox

So much negativity all of the time. Just let the rest of us enjoy it please...... ;D

exactly what i was thinking. and if it is a business for you. maybe u should pick up a degree, or some common sense at least. You got Denny's name on your sig, and it was a cool junkie party that night. He's your boy. No one shows, and now the scene sux. And to top it off, now Kelvin sux? nikkuh please. get the fuck out of miami. Thats what I think about your weekend.

Guest Philip

So much negativity all of the time. Just let the rest of us enjoy it please...... ;D

That’s what im sayin'. I hadn't noticed any collapse. The music is better than ever and yes - 9-11 did hit the industry hard. It also streamlined and re-structured the industry. Remember how many garbage dj's and clubs there were before 9-11. Only the strong survived. A well deserved house cleaning. Having more fun than ever.

exactly what i was thinking. and if it is a business for you. maybe u should pick up a degree, or some common sense at least. You got Denny's name on your sig, and it was a cool junkie party that night. He's your boy. No one shows, and now the scene sux. And to top it off, now Kelvin sux? nikkuh please. get the fuck out of miami. Thats what I think about your weekend.

My post has zero to do with my party, in fact I have 3 more parties all lined up, all 3 at the biggest clubs and events. The scene is horrible, in fact when you see the annoucements soon you'll understand how bad it really is. Clubs are moving away from house at a frantic pace.. DJs are loosing their jobs..

ps, I have a BS in Qualitative Economics... Clubbing is a hobby for me that I make money at, I have a real job.. Thanks for playing..

Guest dahzel

I don't know about the rest of the parties this weekend but I went to the "House Music Festival" and it went off pretty well. Better than any Ultra for me since everything was so close together and the crowds weren't ridiculous in every line or tent. Also, alot of tracks were from the UK that I have heard on Radio one and alot of people were responding positively to them. I don't know what crawled up your ass but you go ahead and give up while we enjoy the sounds of house that we all love.

Guest Darwin Castillo

It seems like people get things mixed up here in this town. We’re not NYC or even Chicago (even though I never been to Chi-town). We’re Miami. We like to party but if the dj sucks, then where the hell am I suppose to go? You go from club to club and it just sounds like noise (not music). It’s not so much the industry or the scene, it’s the dj’s we have here.

This whole weekend, all I can hear was (which was good until now), I don’t want nobody. Oye, don’t u know that song is an over kill. Every place I went to exception of shine w Tsettos, they had this song playing like it is the hottest track right now. Its not! It’s the dj’s and the theme party that no one does anymore.

I don't know about the rest of the parties this weekend but I went to the "House Music Festival" and it went off pretty well. Better than any Ultra for me since everything was so close together and the crowds weren't ridiculous in every line or tent. Also, alot of tracks were from the UK that I have heard on Radio one and alot of people were responding positively to them. I don't know what crawled up your ass but you go ahead and give up while we enjoy the sounds of house that we all love.

Did they make money is the real question? Most assume they didn't, thus no profit means no more events.. This isn't too difficult..

Guest pussErox

My post has zero to do with my party, in fact I have 3 more parties all lined up, all 3 at the biggest clubs and events. The scene is horrible, in fact when you see the annoucements soon you'll understand how bad it really is. Clubs are moving away from house at a frantic pace.. DJs are loosing their jobs..

ps, I have a BS in Qualitative Economics... Clubbing is a hobby for me that I make money at, I have a real job.. Thanks for playing..

no problem. try UM. They have a masters program for Music Industry. Then you will be in a better position to make comments about... well, frankly about everything you type. "Thank you, come again...."

...sitting here waiting for the "House music is gone forever" post.

no problem. try UM. They have a masters program for Music Industry. Then you will be in a better position to make comments about... well, frankly about everything you type. "Thank you, come again...."

...siting here waiting for the post on "House music is gone forever" post.

Why would I waste my time getting a masters in the music industry, an industry that is tanking when I could get an MBA??? Also you don't need a masters in the music inudustry to do what I do, not one club person I know has a masters in the music industry, it's a waste of money at a private for profit school...

Hey Dade, you got a degree in the music biz?? lol... Did you hang your diploma on your wall in your office at Shadow lounge?? lollllll

cj peeps crack me up..

Guest Miss_Digital

Why would I waste my time getting a masters in the music industry, an industry that is tanking when I could get an MBA??? Also you don't need a masters in the music inudustry to do what I do, not one club person I know has a masters in the music industry, it's a waste of money at a private for profit school...

Hey Dade, you got a degree in the music biz?? lol... Did you hang your diploma on your wall in your office at Shadow lounge?? lollllll

cj peeps crack me up..

its not what you know its more like WHO you know

Guest pussErox

cj peeps crack me up..

oh, we got an apple eater folks......

here is what others think of the people you are referring to. On a totaly different post, about a totally different subject, but maybe, just maybe you can BEGIN to understand. And what a great job they are doing (without education) I might add...

Dade or LP...

Now what? Got any feed back?

Tell the truth about things for once. Lay it out on the table. Why is the staff so shitty?!?!

btw - i am not saying that if you get a degree in music industry all your probs will be solved. But i am sure the knowledge would solve bullshit problems like this. Then maybe it would give them more time to workout some more important shit. Like issues with the talent.

how bout them apples, nikkuh?

Guest Darwin Castillo

cj peeps crack me up..

oh, we got an apple eater folks......

here is what others think of the people you are referring to. On a totaly different post, about a totally different subject, but maybe, just maybe you can BEGIN to understand. And what a great job they are doing (without education) I might add...

Dade or LP...

Now what? Got any feed back?

Tell the truth about things for once. Lay it out on the table. Why is the staff so shitty?!?!

btw - i am not saying that if you get a degree in music industry all your probs will be solved. But i am sure the knowledge would solve bullshit problems like this. Then maybe it would give them more time to workout some more important shit. Like issues with the talent.

how bout them apples, nikkuh?

What does this quote (mine above) have to do with this thread. It was for the Space management.

Guest Clutch

Saleen,

If you are so on top of the bizz why would you manage a nobody dj who cant even pack a small club? I think your skills might be better left to your 9-5 job selling life insurance. Just an observation. Have a great day!!!

:-*

Guest pussErox

Darwin,

It's simple. Saleen is laughing at my post by asking dade, or any other promoter if they have their degree hanging on the walls of the clubs they work at. I am saying, no they probably don't which is why there are issues like the ones on the other post. Why am i comparing the death of house music, and the industry taking a shit to peoples problems with staff at the club? Because they are related. Because if management has their staff trained this would not happen. Becasue it should be run like a business, and that would require some training, in business administration. And to sit here and think it would not help to have that education is ignorant. That's why dood. Also, this has nothing to do with the genre of music we are talking about. There are issues on Hip-Hop nights as well as house nights. This is about managent. And people doing the managing that probably should not.

Its just stupid remarks like the 'party ain't good unless the girls are dancing'. and Mr. Quant. eco. there giving advice to youngster dj's, not to quit the jobs, and go to school, because the house scene is over. I mean cmon. take that shit somewhere else. and on top of all that he is representing a well respected house DJ. wtf is up with that? Which brings me back to my main issue. This guy making the claims that this is just business for him, and he doesn't even enjoy it anymore. He is one of the ones that clearly do not belong. Let someone else book denny, and promote. He should just show up to dance with chicks.

Guest coach

This is about managent. And people doing the managing that probably should not.

LOL. You know the problem with people who are bad at their jobs? Since they do not possess the skills to do the job, they also do not possess the skills to recognize that they are doing a bad job.

As far as the House or any other club-related music biz tanking (can you say Trance 5 years ago?), aside from all the personality issues, it has to do with the music being able to connect with a wider audience, not just the head-bobbing partiers. Why isn't house music played widely on top 40 radio? Anybody know?

Guest dahzel

Darwin,

It's simple. Saleen is laughing at my post by asking dade, or any other promoter if they have their degree hanging on the walls of the clubs they work at. I am saying, no they probably don't which is why there are issues like the ones on the other post. Why am i comparing the death of house music, and the industry taking a shit to peoples problems with staff at the club? Because they are related. Because if management has their staff trained this would not happen. Becasue it should be run like a business, and that would require some training, in business administration. And to sit here and think it would not help to have that education is ignorant. That's why dood. Also, this has nothing to do with the genre of music we are talking about. There are issues on Hip-Hop nights as well as house nights. This is about managent. And people doing the managing that probably should not.

Its just stupid remarks like the 'party ain't good unless the girls are dancing'. and Mr. Quant. eco. there giving advice to youngster dj's, not to quit the jobs, and go to school, because the house scene is over. I mean cmon. take that shit somewhere else. and on top of all that he is representing a well respected house DJ. wtf is up with that? Which brings me back to my main issue. This guy making the claims that this is just business for him, and he doesn't even enjoy it anymore. He is one of the ones that clearly do not belong. Let someone else book denny, and promote. He should just show up to dance with chicks.

fa real!!!!!

:D

Guest JMT

cj peeps crack me up..

ha ha ha