Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How bad is the house scene and the industry?

V. Barbarino

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

Seriously though, that was me back in the days...but we had some cool shit going on with Nirvana, PJ, STP, etc.

eeeew. I slept from 1992-1997.

Guest slamminshaun

a ripe time for trance to mount a comeback? :o

Fuck that, somebody go dig up TKA from somewhere. And tell Stevie B to quit working at the post office.....Freestyle's making a comeback!!

Guest pussErox

Fuck that' date=' somebody go dig up TKA from somewhere. And tell Stevie B to quit working at the post office.....Freestyle's making a comeback!!

[/quote']

dood u r a riot. although i think i did hear ralph falcon playing some tranere on that essential mix.

Guest Cosmigonon

Fuck that, somebody go dig up TKA from somewhere. And tell Stevie B to quit working at the post office.....Freestyle's making a comeback!!

dood u r a riot. although i think i did hear ralph falcon playing some tranere on that essential mix.

It's dude.

Guest web_norah

Fuck that' date=' somebody go dig up TKA from somewhere. And tell Stevie B to quit working at the post office.....Freestyle's making a comeback!!

[/quote']

when did Freestyle go away?

maybe in Port St Lucie but i still hear freestyle being played by lots of djs

Guest coach

It's dude.

d00d.

Guest BAEZ

House music is fun and i like to have fun... so as long as i have fun and everyone else does then its still alive...

Negativity only spreads to those who accept negative energy!

House music is fun and i like to have fun... so as long as i have fun and everyone else does then its still alive...

house music is a business, if you can't make money at it, then it goes away...

why is this so hard to figured out?

Guest pussErox

beaneater

Guest djjoncowan

beaneater

thats funny! LOL LOL LOL

Guest nova

Curious to see what you guys think.. In my opinon, it's as bad as I've ever seen it.... We could be on the verge of a colapse of the house scene in the US.... I must admit, after 11 years I'm over it and I'm done with it as a fan, it's just a business for me now..

All you djs out there, my advice, while you spin once a week, go to school and get a degree, you'll need it soon enough...

Jocks blame 9-11 and they may be right, but where they are all wrong is their thinking the scene will come back, it's not...

I got a degree and 2 jobs... i just mix for the love of the music... yeah yeah some extra cash does come in handy. =D i dont think is dying its just evolving. =D as long as we as dj push it it will still be there. =D thats just my 2 cents. 8)

Guest Miss_Digital

beaneater

hahha you probably ate urself a bean or twoo also... ;D

Guest musicalmissionary

house music is a business, if you can't make money at it, then it goes away...

why is this so hard to figured out?

If you are doing this now "Just for the money" (as you claim) then you were never really a real fan in the first place, your just an opportunist.

Heres' why.. Because when the money is not around, you would still do it.. because you're a fan and its what you love to do.

Not for the glory, not for the money, not to get on some chat board and act like your a big fuck know it all. You do it because you love what you do!!!

Please leave the real promoting to those who know how to do it. Thank you.

Guest Damon7278

Only bad thing about the scene is that peeps like saleen making it bad for everyone else, Lit a candle then curse on the darkness, spread the love instead of the hate, Saleen, one thing of advice, kill yourself now

Guest BAEZ

It is a money making business! but if you only have that mentality and that greed of making shit load of money then no shit its gonna go down hill... Cus it gets more expensive!!!

How many have you have wondered how much is a vodka/redbull in the club (used to be called envy) thats on the corner of space? (Ill be surprised if they do sell it, they probably sell cysco tho!!! lol)

And YES i love beans...

I eat beans with rice and chiken.. mmm yummy!

It is a money making business! but if you only have that mentality and that greed of making shit load of money then no shit its gonna go down hill... Cus it gets more expensive!!!

How many have you have wondered how much is a vodka/redbull in the club (used to be called envy) thats on the corner of space? (Ill be surprised if they do sell it, they probably sell cysco tho!!! lol)

And YES i love beans...

I eat beans with rice and chiken.. mmm yummy!

You must have went to a Dade county public school. Some basic economics for you; When multiple people complete and get "greedy" prices fall.... I know this is difficult stuff, but one day you'll wake up from your window washing job and realize this to be true..

Guest pussErox

How many have you have wondered how much is a vodka/redbull in the club (used to be called envy) thats on the corner of space?

You must have went to a Dade county public school.

what gave that away?

Guest Dj_Peace

My 2 centavos. The scene is alive and vibrant and nowhere near being on a respirator or other dramatic image that you want. Saturday past, we held our Residence party and though the house was not packed, every one there did their best to support - i.e., bought beverages, brought friends, etc.. I play frequently in Chicago, B-More, D.C. and in the UK and I can assure you that house music and the industry in general is doing well.

The scene here locally is challenged at times because people associate Miami more so with hiphop , crunk music or booty music and because of that ultra machismo - alpha male image /persona associated with hip-hop, many folks that would support the music tend to drift towards what they feel is "sociallly" more acceptable.

The truth is most house heads actually come out to parties to dance - not to flex-not to have their fragile, shallow egos stroked because they can get beyond the velvet rope and blow their paycheck on a bottle of bubbly to impress the fashionistas and wannabes.

Solid house parties offer good music, positive energy and , when done consistently, give respectable financial returns (read Aquabooty.) I know that I have not made it to all of Aquabooty parties but I do know that in the 3 years that I have been here in South Florida, they have been consistent. Perhaps the fact that you only do this as a business comes across to your potential patrons and they refused to be duped by your disingenuine vibes. Just a thought.