Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cool Phones...

Guest Fez

Guest pod

Not at all. We use GSM just like "they" do...even though ours is a slightly different frequency. Most phones nowadays are "world phones" ... the trick is, that in addition to GSM, there's other standards in use here in the US, so sometimes a phone maker will hold off on releasing a phone until they can make a model that everyone over here can use, not just the GSM users.

You can easily get that phone on eBay, unlock it, put your SIM in, and go to town. I've done it. Technically my phone is a European model, but it works just fine here.

this is what I will most likley be getting soon,

Sprint PCS PPC-6700 (HTC Apache)

9/9/2005

T-Mobile MDA Pro (HTC Universal)

Sprint PCS Launches the PPC-6700 Smartphone

Sprint PCS has quietly launched the PPC-6700. It's available now to business customers at $480, which is an aggressive price considering alternatives. The Sprint PCS PPC-6700 is their branded version of the HTC Apache. The Windows Mobile 5.0 powered device slides open to reveal a full QWERTY keyboard and supports WiFi, Bluetooth and EVDO.

The PPC-6700 is the most full-featured all-in-one device to hit the market, and the first to feature Windows Mobile 5.0, though other PDAs with WM 5.0 will come out very soon. If you've been waiting for something to challenge the Treo 650 and the Samsung i730, this might be it.

4202.jpg

Guest DaGoose

how come there's none in the US...

i was told something having to so with the system we use...

se-w900i-large.jpg

se-w900i-angle03.jpg

http://www.imobile.com.au

I work for cingular and we have these in our store. $319 with a $100 mail in rebate. Just sold one today. The appearance is different though--it has orange edges....

1a77810d5a9cc78b9653537be2e12a63.jpg