Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jazzy Jeff @ SHINE ROLL CALL ! ! !

B-SIDE1414779017

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swank

After just reading all about this guy, I'm very psyched to hear his performance. He's had the art of dj-ing mastered for over 20 years now... that's a special kinda dj. He's credited for inventing the "transformer" scratch that is now a staple for battle scratch dj's. He's written music for The Simpsons and a bunch of other tv shows and movies. And he played Fresh Prince's best friend "Jazz" in Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

I'm really psyched... this guy goes way beyond the typical (yet talented) dj's we usually get.

exactly!

he's pretty dope to be honest a real party-crowd DJ

Jeff can go from house to soul to hip hop and back effortlessly...throw in tight DMC skills...even some breakbeats for good measure at times....sucks I'll be out of town for this.

Jon is he gonna have his own crowd MC? He usually does and that just sets it off right.

What he said...

Jazzy played twice for us at 'therapy' and he did exactly what Lyrik said!

Gotta find the pics now... ;D

Guest djjoncowan

damn he mc's and scratches too i hope he throws down some old skool hip hop 8)

i think he'll play a bit of everything but it will be a house based set.... a true party dj in every sense of the word... its gonna be fun ~

Guest Seb

damn he mc's and scratches too i hope he throws down some old skool hip hop 8)

this is the man that invented the transform scratch :o

revolutionized the art of turntablism as we know it

From what I hear he's bringing a scracth style mixer...

so Anything goes...

th_JazzandBmed.jpg

another pic from the vault... check out the gear in the background

he deserves soo much respect and rearely gets it

One of the few DJ pioneers that actually kept up in the game.

(did any one see him on the award show w/ Grandmaster Flash & Kid Capri.... he blew them both away!!!!)

Guest Seb

so Anything goes...

th_JazzandBmed.jpg

(did any one see him on the award show w/ Grandmaster Flash & Kid Capri.... he blew them both away!!!!)

Kid Capri shouldn't have been up there, his skills are sub par but Grandmaster flash invented the beat juggle so I have to give him props

Guest lyrik

so Anything goes...

th_JazzandBmed.jpg

ya I seen them - I even thought Jeff was down playin his usual style and letting GMF take center stage out of respect...he could do so much more..there is a short little vid clip somewhere of Jeff floating around the net...I'll see if I can find it and post it up...DOPENESS

Guest durrtylexx

so Anything goes...

th_JazzandBmed.jpg

Kid Capri shouldn't have been up there, his skills are sub par but Grandmaster flash invented the beat juggle so I have to give him props

kid capri was garbage that night :P

grand master flash was basically mc'ing that night.

i think it was the hip legends show on vh1.

Guest swank

so Anything goes...

th_JazzandBmed.jpg

ya I seen them - I even thought Jeff was down playin his usual style and letting GMF take center stage out of respect...he could do so much more..there is a short little vid clip somewhere of Jeff floating around the net...I'll see if I can find it and post it up...DOPENESS

I have that vid saved somewhere....he's on a stage wearing a orange polo shirt i think.....Ima try n find it....

Guest swank

so Anything goes...

th_JazzandBmed.jpg

I have that vid saved somewhere....he's on a stage wearing a orange polo shirt i think.....Ima try n find it....

here it is....blue t-shirt ;D turn up yuh speakers

www.dj-jumi.com/Jazzy%20Jeff%20Video%20rp%201.rm

Guest lyrik

so Anything goes...

th_JazzandBmed.jpg

Yep that is the one...there's alaso another out there -believe its actually a promo clip for some type of equip...he just goes off...the whole behind the back scratch etc - hate to miss him...I hope the party is as live as the clip posted - thats how it should be!

Hip-House Nation!

Guest AlanS

so Anything goes...

th_JazzandBmed.jpg

Yep that is the one...there's alaso another out there -believe its actually a promo clip for some type of equip...he just goes off...the whole behind the back scratch etc - hate to miss him...I hope the party is as live as the clip posted - thats how it should be!

Hip-House Nation!

In the citaayyy! Nice one!

Guest rhythmburn

so Anything goes...

th_JazzandBmed.jpg

Hip-House Nation!

Hip-House = King Shameek and Twin Hype...end of story... ;D

Guest lyrik

so Anything goes...

th_JazzandBmed.jpg

Hip-House Nation!

Hip-House = King Shameek and Twin Hype...end of story... ;D

Got to fit Tyree Supa Duper Cooper in there along with Fast Eddie