Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jazzy Jeff @ SHINE ROLL CALL ! ! !

B-SIDE1414779017

Guest Justin Johnson

From what I hear he's bringing a scracth style mixer...

so Anything goes...

th_JazzandBmed.jpg

another pic from the vault... check out the gear in the background

he deserves soo much respect and rearely gets it

One of the few DJ pioneers that actually kept up in the game.

(did any one see him on the award show w/ Grandmaster Flash & Kid Capri.... he blew them both away!!!!)

ya I seen them - I even thought Jeff was down playin his usual style and letting GMF take center stage out of respect...he could do so much more..there is a short little vid clip somewhere of Jeff floating around the net...I'll see if I can find it and post it up...DOPENESS

I have that vid saved somewhere....he's on a stage wearing a orange polo shirt i think.....Ima try n find it....

here it is....blue t-shirt ;D turn up yuh speakers

www.dj-jumi.com/Jazzy%20Jeff%20Video%20rp%201.rm

Yep that is the one...there's alaso another out there -believe its actually a promo clip for some type of equip...he just goes off...the whole behind the back scratch etc - hate to miss him...I hope the party is as live as the clip posted - thats how it should be!

Hip-House Nation!

In the citaayyy! Nice one!

Hip-House = King Shameek and Twin Hype...end of story... ;D

Damn right!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest djjoncowan

if todays soundcheck was any indication tonight is going to be off the chain! this guy has some serious fucking skills and some really amazing tunes - he goes on at midnight - don't miss this - its gonna be special... ;)

Guest Devilicious

I might pass by.

blah blah blah... just go :P

no doubt stop being so wishy washy :P

He's on the list, he has no excuse! Hope to see you there too Seb (and Kat!)

Guest djjoncowan

jeff is "da man" - such skills - true master of the decks. not musically what i am into but the man made me enjoy it! can't wait for his return.. ;)

Guest musicalmissionary

Great party... not my usual cup-o-tea, but he made it more than tolerable... his skills can only be compared to someone like Craze... top of the top. The only thing that woulda made it better is if he had the decency to at least end his set with some house knowing that he was booked to play house and the club still had 2 hours to go and the resident to follow plays mostly house-ish kinda stuff. But whatever, Kelvin played some wicked shit that kept the few people that can tolerate non-radio music dancing.

I repeat, great party!!!

Guest Seb

jeff is "da man" - such skills - true master of the decks. not musically what i am into but the man made me enjoy it! can't wait for his return.. ;)

excellent booking and I'm glad to hear your bringing him back. He tore that place up last night. Dropping every old school gem and just layering track upon track. Seriously one of the best sets I've heard all year. Thanks again for getting us in last night :)

But whatever, Kelvin played some wicked shit that kept the few people that can tolerate non-radio music dancing.

non radio? please list all major radio stations that play dance muisc... maybe a dj should play for the masses not the "few"... No such thing as radio friendly house if no stations play house at all!!!

This isn't hard and will be on the final exam...

Guest Devilicious

Wish I could have made it and supported T!

thanks hon, it was a great night. You can check us out on Thursdays if you aren't working, we have a great new party. ;)