Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Official list of clubs that have failed or never materialized in Miami..

V. Barbarino

Curious to see how many we can name.. Go as far back as possible... Wonder if potential club operators will learn something from this list... Some may be still open but are a failure due to not living up to the hype or they are barley hanging on and some never got off the ground example: Crobar downtown's bid for old space, players and now noc and maybe NV..

Cafe Nostalgia

Cielo

Club Downtown

Crobar Downtown

Eclipse

Envy

Escape

Exile

Fuel

House

Ice Palace

Living Room Downtown

Nocturnal

Players

Power Studios

Pure

Rio

Sanctuary

Sky Lounge

The Beach

Warehouse

NV

Privliage

Nerve

BillBoard Live

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coach

What's the criteria for failed? Loung 16 was around for years, then closed recently. How long does it have to have been open to consider it a success? 3 years?

What's the criteria for failed? Loung 16 was around for years, then closed recently. How long does it have to have been open to consider it a success? 3 years?

3 years is great for a club, so I wouldn't say that was a failure, as for Spin, they were doing ok for the LP days, but after that, it tanked hard!

Guest coach

Oh, wait, here's a good comparison. Something like 75% of all new businesses fail within the first 2 years. So, how do our clubs stand up to that? More? Less? About average?

Guest scarab

Maze and if your going way back...... the infamous Club Hell back in 92-93 , the only club to have separate rooms named after the seven deadly sins

Guest coach
Maze and if your going way back...... the infamous Club Hell back in 92-93 , the only club to have separate rooms named after the seven deadly sins

I thought Maze stayed open for a decent number of years? I mean, Level was around for a number of years before it fizzled out and was sold, so does it count as failed or not?

Guest scarab

I thought Maze stayed open for a decent number of years? I mean, Level was around for a number of years before it fizzled out and was sold, so does it count as failed or not?

Maze was open about a year /year and a half at best

Guest pod

All too often, you get these out-of-towners who think they can come in, toss a bunch of money around, open a club, get laid, and get a slam-dunk success.

As I've said time and time again...it takes a lot more than that to run a successful club.

Guest Chica

Is Rumi still open??? i know they used to have music on weekend nights....... just wondering I went once and it was pretty fun

Guest Untouchablepurple

Is Rumi still open??? i know they used to have music on weekend nights....... just wondering I went once and it was pretty fun

CLOSED !!!

Guest pod

Oh, wait, here's a good comparison. Something like 75% of all new businesses fail within the first 2 years. So, how do our clubs stand up to that? More? Less? About average?

More. Most of the clubs around here won't be around next year in their current form.

What's even worse, you have to worder where these people get their startup capital to begin with? I mean, opening up a decent club (and no, JBLs on sticks and a few candles doesn't constitute a decent technical backend...) costs a pretty penny, which you would think would imply some sort of business sense on the part of the ownership...but yet when the club opens, all good sense seems to go out the window?

Sad really.