Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Will Crobar take over Nocturnal??? "Croturnal"

V. Barbarino

Lots of rumors going on and bla bla bla bla bla...

For me, my theory is simple. Forget all the money and politics, it comes down to one simple thing. The sign on the front of the building..

No way would Crobar risk putting "Crobar" on the front of a very risky venture. You can't have Crobar downtown going out of business, but in order for the business to be successful you have to use "crobar" on the front of the buliding...

It's a no win situation for them, I just hope they put some $ and effort into the Crobar on the beach. Where the fuck is Rivera???

Juicymusic, I know you read CJ, where the fuck are you??? Only time i go to crobar is when you spin...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coach

Good point. Could they, instead, license a well-known name from someone else? Did they even buy the Nocturnal name, or just the venue?

My question....

Everyone is talking about how Noc has failed... How has this club failed? What are they doing wrong over there as compared to the other clubs downtown?

Guest musicalmissionary

They need to fill in the main room with concrete and just run it as a rooftop-only club. OK, more realistically, they should seal off the first and second floors like space did, make the first floor a restaurant, second floor a pimped out lounge, and leave the rooftop as is.

Guest JMT

My question....

Everyone is talking about how Noc has failed... How has this club failed? What are they doing wrong over there as compared to the other clubs downtown?

my guess would be there arent enough asses coming in the door.

Guest Spankmeister

Not 'failed' so much as has never lived up to expectations....

With the 'benchmark' for clubs right next door, you need to have a WORLD class operation...

With the money they spent on it, I don't like the DJ booth setup in the main room, way to removed from the crowd...The roof isn't bad, but there really isn't much flow to the design, if it gets mobbed, there are WAY too many dead spaces up there...

As far as the door, the times I have been there, I have been very lucky to have been with people that know other people, so we always got in fairly quickly, but I have heard from others that this is not the case most times....

I am not bashing in any sense, I have had a good time when I have gone....but to compete when right next door there is so much competition, you need to be head and shoulders above the status quo....with management shakeups and rumors flying that they are not payin the folks that they should pay...only contributes to the 'demise' talk

Guest Chica

My question....

Saleen has the answer for u.......I suppose lol

Guest Seb

They need to fill in the main room with concrete and just run it as a rooftop-only club. OK, more realistically, they should seal off the first and second floors like space did, make the first floor a restaurant, second floor a pimped out lounge, and leave the rooftop as is.

I agree

Nocturnal's had a couple of slow nights (what club hasnt?) , but its far from over... ;)

Space is going to beat on Noc if crobar takes over like a rented Geo Tracker...

Why Crobar is considering doing this is beyond me... The time is not right, stay on the beach and fix that club up and for gods sake, where the fudge is Rivera been from Crobars's line up????????

My idea is a little different. Fill in the floor, and lease out the downstairs as a separte venue, then make the second floor the main room and remodel the patio to hold more people and get rid of that dumb dj booth, it takes up 20% of the dance floor, then get rid of the dumb stacks...

Guest nova

As far as the door, the times I have been there, I have been very lucky to have been with people that know other people, so we always got in fairly quickly, but I have heard from others that this is not the case most times....

yep, same with me... I remember the first I went to nocturnal i stood on the door for like 2 hours... i finally got tired and left. =D

Guest james stratus

Crobar needs to remodel badly. The only thing they have really done to it since opening is moving the DJ Booth down to the floor and rearranging the speaker setup. It's time poeple! Moving downtown or doing anything downtown right now would be a really bad idea for them.

Nocturnal ???

1st floor - Lounge

2nd floor - Cover it up, take the glass down and make that whole floor the main room.

Patio - Minor tweeks to the layout and all is good.

Guest Cosmigonon

Hmm, I like Crobar the way it is.

Regarding Noc, I've always wondered, what is it about the open terraces. I really don't know how people like the Main Room at Space, because I certainly don't, I'm a patio guy, so I can understand that people don't lke the main room at Noc, and run tot he terrace once it opens.

Guess, we would have to ask the people that go to Space between the hours of 11 pm - 5 am, what is it about Space that makes them want to go and never go to the patio, so Noc can do the same. I personally don't know any of those people (the 11-5 crowd), and I've always wondered who the hell are they, I only know the patio crowd (5am-1pm)

Guest Darwin Castillo

No matter who does what, they still have one little thing that they are doing wrong (just like Pacha and other clubs in Ibiza), the dj booth has to come down to be w the people. I heard many many dj’s famous and not say what the hell is this. I’m not w my people (the public). Until then, its going to be hard no matter what. Hey, they should even do an all night free drinks and free entrance for women and then u’ll have a party!

Guest juicy robbie

hey saleen. i am talking to all the clubs for a monthly juicy party from jan to june. let's see what happens. dec 23 juicy christmas event at amika. see ya there

hey saleen. i am talking to all the clubs for a monthly juicy party from jan to june. let's see what happens. dec 23 juicy christmas event at amika. see ya there

damm I'll be in NJ for xmas... hopefully Deko has somthing good going on..

I knew you read the board, keep me posted where you'll be at after amika, your last crobar set was dope...

ps, The Kings Of NYC

PROMO! Touch Me (Inc. Robbie Rivera Mix)

good stuff..

The cliff notes version:

Crobar: we want noc on march 1st.

Noc: no you need to take it over now!

Crobar: alright we'll take it over but first you have to pay all your debts off

Noc: Ummm, this check should clear just don't deposit it for a year.

Crobar to buddy: can you belive we are jacking this dudes club right before wmc then we'll bail, bwahahahahahah (evil laugh)

Buddy: They must of paid off their debts?

Crobar: ummmm, yea the check will clear.. I hope.

Noc to buddy: With Crobar we will rule downtown!

Buddy: Buf if they couldn't get old space, players, NV and vegas and Buenos Aires opened, and ruined crobar sobe with dumb eurotrash bookings then why would they help you rule downtown?

Noc: I read it on cooljunkie?

Buddy: you are an idiot, LP's marketing dir built your club and ran it, they will beat on you guys like a rented Pugeot!

Noc: Where can I rent a Pugeot at?

Buddy: doesn't matter, you can't afford it..

CJers: It's all about the music man! Crobar dowtown rules!

Pod: Shut the fuck up you trolls!

Seriously peeps this crobar thing is so entertaining, I hope they all do well, but one has to wonder why they have let crobar sobe rot so badly.. Make grutman a partner and he'll pack the place.. Or atleast pay him off on the side and get some insight like the bobs from office space.. Then again grutman would probably trick you guys, so back to the euro trash bookings!!! ::)

ps bring robbie back..