Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Car enthusiasts

not a production car, but dayum she's beautiful.

8_1219feat.jpg

Fastest Car: SSC Ultimate Aero

Base price: $654,500

Faster than even the Veyron, the Ultimate Aero by small American manufacturer SSC has a top speed of 260 to 273 mph, according to Langley wind-tunnel calculations. It achieves such ridiculous performance with a 1,046-horsepower V-8 engine (yes, you read that hp figure correctly), which is shoehorned into a car that weighs as much as a Dodge Neon.

try 1 million for it...

i remember for 4th of July weekend...they had 1 @ Crobar and another one @ Nikki Beach....

i was talking to one of the "drivers/mechanics" and he was giving em the specs...power....telling me about the company...

1st of all..th car looks like ass....it has some crappy ass bodyparts...and fisher price interior....

as the dude was talking and telling me 1 mill...and saying that eddie murphy was in town and was gonna buy one...i ketp telling him....

"dude, for that much i'll buy a Veyron"...or a nice yatch...not that POS GM...

LMAO....Anything GM or domestic for that matter is a piece of shit in my eyes. To me GM or domestic=cheap, shiny, low rent interiors, gaz guzzling engines, poor reliability, and just poorly screwed together as a whole. :P

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fez

LMAO....Anything GM or domestic for that matter is a piece of shit in my eyes. To me GM or domestic=cheap' date=' shiny, low rent interiors, gaz guzzling engines, poor reliability, and just poorly screwed together as a whole. :P

[/quote']

we share feelings...

i feel a bit similar towards japanese vehicles too....

only Jap i like is the Toyota Land Cruiser....

everything else is crap for me...

The fastest street legal car every tested by the us mags is the lingerfelter corvette, mcclaren refused to allow the us mags to test their car, because they knew the numbers were bogus.. Top speed tests require a pass in both directions within one hour and they avg the speed of both passes, go google the controversy of the land speed record... The guy who first did it, is not the offical holder of the record..

http://www.fastcoolcars.com/callaway_sledgehammer.htm

Enjoy the read, you can buy that car and drive it on the US roads all legal and it will crush the mcclaren and it's a cheaply made vette from 1984!

Taste of the Lingenfelter

http://www.miamiracing.com/movies/120203.movie04.mpeg

You guys are ignorant, that list from that euro trash show is missing so many great american street legal cars.. to name a few...

callway vette

tnt viper

lingenfelter vette

saleen s7 twin turbo

new viper GTS

new ford mustang cobra

new z06 which RAN THE 6TH FASTEST TIME EVER AT THE RING IN GERMANY!

btw, top 3 places for testing cars..

1. germany autobann

2. middle east desert

3. arizona

http://www.lingenfelter.com/documents/CF427TT_eprint.pdf

Time times you'll see in the next link, were done by motor trend..

http://www.fast-autos.net/lingenfelter/lingenfelter650tt.html

Any real car guy knows, if you want to go fast you buy a vette made by lingenfelter.

no vette is worth 400k imo...

for that much it should be doing 9s and the 0-60 is still slow...speaking of straight lines which most of these cars are made for that first link of the vette is pretty slow...after the late 60s, the domestic market just got pretty lazy with no creativety in their designs and especially in their cheap choice of plastic/shit interior

I owned 4 domestics in the past, i dont hate them...they are finally coming out with more prestige looking interiors, if you're gonna pay 30-50k for a sports car, y not come out with something nice & classy.

LMAO....Anything GM or domestic for that matter is a piece of shit in my eyes. To me GM or domestic=cheap, shiny, low rent interiors, gaz guzzling engines, poor reliability, and just poorly screwed together as a whole. :P

we share feelings...

Jap cars, I will disagree all day with you though. They are way better screwed together than domestics. Toyotas might not be the most desirable cars, but they are known throughout the world for being the most reliable. Ask JD power and associates." you can't kill a 'yota" the old school guys would say. The 22r motor that came in toyota pickups in the early 80's was so reliable ( often over 300k miles with no reliability problems whatsoever) that the American government put a tariff on it. So they put on tariff on your motor because it is TOO reliable?Only in America....

Guest Fez

LMAO....Anything GM or domestic for that matter is a piece of shit in my eyes. To me GM or domestic=cheap' date=' shiny, low rent interiors, gaz guzzling engines, poor reliability, and just poorly screwed together as a whole. :P

[/quote']

we share feelings...

Jap cars, I will disagree all day with you though. They are way better screwed together than domestics. Toyotas might not be the most desirable cars, but they are known throughout the world for being the most reliable." you can't kill a 'yota" the old school guys would say. The 22r motor that came in toyota pickups in the early 80's was so reliable ( often over 300k miles with no reliability problems whatsoever) that the American government put a tariff on it. So they put on tariff on your motor because it is TOO reliable?Only in America....

true...i know they're great...

i just don't like them...

i owned 2 japs...when i was 14 till i was 17...i had no complaints...

now. there's one Jap car i really really hate....

NSX...overpriced POS...

[/quote']

we share feelings...

Jap cars, I will disagree all day with you though. They are way better screwed together than domestics. Toyotas might not be the most desirable cars, but they are known throughout the world for being the most reliable. Ask JD power and associates." you can't kill a 'yota" the old school guys would say. The 22r motor that came in toyota pickups in the early 80's was so reliable ( often over 300k miles with no reliability problems whatsoever) that the American government put a tariff on it. So they put on tariff on your motor because it is TOO reliable?Only in America....

fcuk that im a FIAT guy all the way!

fiat%20final2.jpg

we share feelings...

Jap cars, I will disagree all day with you though. They are way better screwed together than domestics. Toyotas might not be the most desirable cars, but they are known throughout the world for being the most reliable." you can't kill a 'yota" the old school guys would say. The 22r motor that came in toyota pickups in the early 80's was so reliable ( often over 300k miles with no reliability problems whatsoever) that the American government put a tariff on it. So they put on tariff on your motor because it is TOO reliable?Only in America....

now. there's one Jap car i really really hate....

NSX...overpriced POS...

lol explain your reasoning

Guest michael^heaven

we share feelings...

+3

---The only exceptions for me are the Ford 427 Cobra & the DeTomaso Pantera (which is actually Italian made with a Ford power plant).

we share feelings...

+3

---The only exceptions for me are the Ford 427 Cobra & the DeTomaso Pantera (which is actually Italian made with a Ford power plant).

There are some domestics i actually like. The old school ones. like the mustang from gone in 60 secs. Very clean example. And the sting ray vette. As well as the 427 and the original Ford GT40, which was desingnes and engineered by Ford of Europe. A totally different division from Ford of America. Yet FOA shamelessly boasts about it as if they built the car that beat Ferrari in the 60's please.... Ford of England deserves all the credit for that.

Guest Fez

90k for a Jap. doesn't quite make it for me...

i know i know...it handles like a dream and all that BS

with that cash, i'll buy a CLK, M3, Carrera, Maserati Coupe GT...

Guest michael^heaven

---Yeh, there is no way I'd shell out $90 grand for a Honda. Same thing goes for Lexus (overpriced Toyota) & Infiniti (overpriced Nissan).

That car is exceptionally well built. Any non biased car guy who's driven one will tell you that. Chassis tuned by Ayrton Senna? No wonder. I love Europen cars as well. But I love the japs too. They might not be as refined and have the attention to detail that the euros have but I have to give them their dues. They make good cars. The worst cars are domestics, fuck that...

how does a clk fall in the category of a maserati and a nsx? lol....it's not "just" a honda...it's a masterpiece...years of R&D and Engineering...not just any honda or else it wouldn't cost 80k sticker....the jap's wouldn't be that dumb.

the nsx falls into the category of supercars like ultimate sport cars, the lexus n infinity's aren't in the same category.

4055NSX_screensaver2-med.jpg

The NSX is a new generation of Japanese supercars, that perform and handle just as well as their Euro counterparts. Pick up a European car magazine and see what they say about the NSX. They rave about it all the time. They call it an affordable Ferrari. The only thing it does not have is the Heritage. On the racetrack(where it really matters) it will hang with and even beat some of the top dollar exotics.

Guest michael^heaven

---I will agree that the NSX is a special car. Probably one of the best examples of Japanese engineering to date. For me personally, I just prefer the look & feel of European autos. Especially, when it comes to top perfomance. I like to keep it simple...I'll take a low mileage 911 turbo or 930 turbo. 8)

---I will agree that the NSX is a special car. Probably one of the best examples of Japanese engineering to date. For me personally, I just prefer the look & feel of European autos. Especially, when it comes to top perfomance. I like to keep it simple...I'll take a low mileage 911 turbo or 930 turbo. 8)

You might as well take all the reliability issues these cars come with also. The air cooled porsches were known to be some of the most unreliable cars out there. You must accept the good with the bad. Nothing wrong against Porsche of course. I love all the 911's especially the turbos.

---Yeh, there is no way I'd shell out $90 grand for a Honda. Same thing goes for Lexus (overpriced Toyota) & Infiniti (overpriced Nissan).

That is just pure ignorance. Japanese Luxury is nothing new(1960's-70's) It's new in the US, not in the rest of the world. Toyota sent ONLY their economy cars to the states because of the gas crisis. So therefore the American people thought that Toyota only made cheap economy cars, because their minds were conditioned to think that way. They could never imagine a luxurious Toyota. Toyota has always made cars for the Ultra luxury segment, so has Nissan. They were just never imported to the states. The Toyota Crown and Century have been around in Japan since the 60's and offered lurury rivaling the best Euros ( reclining rear seats since the early 80's) They just never imported them to the states. In japan the Century comes with a V12, costs around 100K and is only driven by Japanese CEOs etc... Do your research before bashing.

Guest michael^heaven

with that cash' date=' i'll buy a CLK, M3, Carrera, Maserati Coupe GT...

[/quote']

That is just pure ignorance. Japanese Luxury is nothing new(1960's-70's) It's new in the US, not in the rest of the world. Toyota sent ONLY their economy cars to the states because of the gas crisis. So therefore the American people thought that Toyota only made cheap economy cars, because hteir minds were conditioned to think that way. They could never imagine a luxurious Toyota. Toyota has always made cars for the Ultra luxury segment, so has Nissan. They were just never imported to the states. The Toyota Crown and Century have been around in Japan since the 60's and offered lurury rivaling the best Euros ( reclining rear seats since the early 80's) They just never imported them to the states. In japan the Century comes with a V12, costs around 100K and is only driven by Japanese CEOs etc... Do your research before bashing.

---Damn dude...relax a bit!! My statement was purely IMO. In addition, unless you are living in Japan or planning on importing one of those models to the U.S. then it doesn't really matter. I'm referring strictly to domestic Lexus & Infiniti vehicles.

That is just pure ignorance. Japanese Luxury is nothing new(1960's-70's) It's new in the US, not in the rest of the world. Toyota sent ONLY their economy cars to the states because of the gas crisis. So therefore the American people thought that Toyota only made cheap economy cars, because hteir minds were conditioned to think that way. They could never imagine a luxurious Toyota. Toyota has always made cars for the Ultra luxury segment, so has Nissan. They were just never imported to the states. The Toyota Crown and Century have been around in Japan since the 60's and offered lurury rivaling the best Euros ( reclining rear seats since the early 80's) They just never imported them to the states. In japan the Century comes with a V12, costs around 100K and is only driven by Japanese CEOs etc... Do your research before bashing.

---Damn dude...relax a bit!! My statement was purely IMO. In addition, unless you are living in Japan or planning on importing one of those models to the U.S. then it doesn't really matter. I'm referring strictly to domestic Lexus & Infiniti vehicles.

You're calling them overpriced toyotas or nissans, have you ever given them a chance? Have you even tried driving one? They don't feel like European cars becase they are NOT European cars. And they are not supposed to. They have their own distinct feel. Thay are of high build quality and are certanly not cheap. You want cheap? Go down to the Cadillac dealer. LOL

[/quote']

You're calling them overpriced toyotas or nissans, have you ever given them a chance? Have you even tried driving one? They don't feel like European cars becase they are NOT European cars. And they are not supposed to. They have their own distinct feel. Thay are of high build quality and are certanly not cheap. You want cheap? Go down to the Cadillac dealer. LOL

toyotas suck, they'll never be like true hondas...just face it n move on...

::)

Guest michael^heaven

[/quote']

---Lexus & Infiniti do drive smooth & are expensive. I just don't feel they are worth the money that they charge & I'm not keen on their outer appearance or ergonomics. I have driven both, however. My exgirlfriend owns a Lexus & my cousin has an Infiniti. They're just not for me but to each their own.

---Lexus & Infiniti do drive smooth & are expensive. I just don't feel they are worth the money that they charge & I'm not keen on their outer appearance or ergonomics. I have driven both, however. My exgirlfriend owns a Lexus & my cousin has an Infiniti. They're just not for me but to each their own.

u know u want one, quit lying to urself biautch

Guest michael^heaven

u know u want one, quit lying to urself biautch

---Actually, I really want an s4 wagon>>>

75880437_e906c4972a.jpg

---For now, though, I'll just keep my good 'ol>>>

roflcopter5dv.gif

:D

Guest Fez

read my post....i know the whole NSX thing being as good as a supercar deal...

it's all good...i just don't like it....

like i said...for the price i'd buy a Maserati, i don't care about going fast, unless i'm driving on the autobahn...

not the same category, but i'd also rather get an M5/6 or RS6