Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Car enthusiasts

Guest JMT

lol explain your reasoning

90k for a Jap. doesn't quite make it for me...

i know i know...it handles like a dream and all that BS

with that cash' date=' i'll buy a CLK, M3, Carrera, Maserati Coupe GT...

[/quote']

---Yeh, there is no way I'd shell out $90 grand for a Honda. Same thing goes for Lexus (overpriced Toyota) & Infiniti (overpriced Nissan).

That is just pure ignorance. Japanese Luxury is nothing new(1960's-70's) It's new in the US, not in the rest of the world. Toyota sent ONLY their economy cars to the states because of the gas crisis. So therefore the American people thought that Toyota only made cheap economy cars, because their minds were conditioned to think that way. They could never imagine a luxurious Toyota. Toyota has always made cars for the Ultra luxury segment, so has Nissan. They were just never imported to the states. The Toyota Crown and Century have been around in Japan since the 60's and offered lurury rivaling the best Euros ( reclining rear seats since the early 80's) They just never imported them to the states. In japan the Century comes with a V12, costs around 100K and is only driven by Japanese CEOs etc... Do your research before bashing.

good post. i have a G35 now and its probably the best car ive owned. 3 series might drive slightly better but at least the sunroof wont fall in on me (like my buddy's new 3 did once).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fez

good post. i have a G35 now and its probably the best car ive owned. 3 series might drive slightly better but at least the sunroof wont fall in on me (like my buddy's new 3 did once).

the new 3's??

Guest JMT

the new 3's??

no, previous model. he got it new, and the car was maybe a year old when that happened. '03 or '04, cant recall. that was his second 3. his '01 before that had some problems with the windows.

Guest Fez

the new 3's??

no, previous model. he got it new, and the car was maybe a year old when that happened. '03 or '04, cant recall. that was his second 3. his '01 before that had some problems with the windows.

ok

lol explain your reasoning

90k for a Jap. doesn't quite make it for me...

i know i know...it handles like a dream and all that BS

with that cash, i'll buy a CLK, M3, Carrera, Maserati Coupe GT...

---Yeh, there is no way I'd shell out $90 grand for a Honda. Same thing goes for Lexus (overpriced Toyota) & Infiniti (overpriced Nissan).

That is just pure ignorance. Japanese Luxury is nothing new(1960's-70's) It's new in the US, not in the rest of the world. Toyota sent ONLY their economy cars to the states because of the gas crisis. So therefore the American people thought that Toyota only made cheap economy cars, because hteir minds were conditioned to think that way. They could never imagine a luxurious Toyota. Toyota has always made cars for the Ultra luxury segment, so has Nissan. They were just never imported to the states. The Toyota Crown and Century have been around in Japan since the 60's and offered lurury rivaling the best Euros ( reclining rear seats since the early 80's) They just never imported them to the states. In japan the Century comes with a V12, costs around 100K and is only driven by Japanese CEOs etc... Do your research before bashing.

---Damn dude...relax a bit!! My statement was purely IMO. In addition, unless you are living in Japan or planning on importing one of those models to the U.S. then it doesn't really matter. I'm referring strictly to domestic Lexus & Infiniti vehicles.

You're calling them overpriced toyotas or nissans, have you ever given them a chance? Have you even tried driving one? They don't feel like European cars becase they are NOT European cars. And they are not supposed to. They have their own distinct feel. Thay are of high build quality and are certanly not cheap. You want cheap? Go down to the Cadillac dealer. LOL

toyotas suck, they'll never be like true hondas...just face it n move on...

::)

What's a Honda? ???

read my post....i know the whole NSX thing being as good as a supercar deal...

it's all good...i just don't like it....

like i said...for the price i'd buy a Maserati, i don't care about going fast, unless i'm driving on the autobahn...

not the same category, but i'd also rather get an M5/6 or RS6

You don't like it because it's Japanese. Just admit it. Nobody here is stupid. It's pretty obvious that you're one of those European car fanatics that are still stuck with that old snob mindset that only the Euros can make good cars. Times have changed buddy. Wake up. I'm a self proclaimed car nut, and although I love European cars, I must admit that they are not always the most reliable, and I speak from experience not from some arbitraty emotional nonsense.

And BTW, talk to the guys that race cars...On the racetrack... the diehard car guys that live for the throttle, suspension and brakes, the guys who live, shit and breath cars..... Not the guys who put bling bling and luxury first..... That's where the basis for a car starts. Ask them and they'll tell you. The Japs are just as competent as the Euros. And in some cases even beat them.

Guest Fez

like i said...for the price i'd buy a Maserati' date=' i don't care about going fast, unless i'm driving on the autobahn...

[/quote'] You don't like it because it's Japanese. Just admit it. Nobody here is stupid. It's pretty obvious that you're one of those European car fanatics that are still stuck with that old snob mindset that only the Euros can make good cars. Times have changed buddy. Wake up. I'm a self proclaimed car nut, and although I love European cars, I must admit that they are not always the most reliable, and I speak from experience not from some arbitraty emotional nonsense.

And BTW, talk to the guys that race cars...On the racetrack... the diehard car guys that live for the throttle, suspension and brakes, the guys who live, shit and breath cars..... Not the guys who put bling bling and luxury first..... That's where the basis for a car starts. Ask them and they'll tell you. The Japs are just as competent as the Euros. And in some cases even beat them.

it's that simple...i don't like the car...

i'm not a big car fanatic...but...i know my shit..and i have dealt with cars more than u think...

like i mentioned before...i know everything about the stupid NSX...i simply just won't buy it...because IMO it's an overpriced POS...

what's wrong with the fact that i'd rather drive a M5/6 or Maserati...if they go for the same price...

it's just a matter of choice...

like i said...for the price i'd buy a Maserati, i don't care about going fast, unless i'm driving on the autobahn...

You don't like it because it's Japanese. Just admit it. Nobody here is stupid. It's pretty obvious that you're one of those European car fanatics that are still stuck with that old snob mindset that only the Euros can make good cars. Times have changed buddy. Wake up. I'm a self proclaimed car nut, and although I love European cars, I must admit that they are not always the most reliable, and I speak from experience not from some arbitraty emotional nonsense.

it's that simple...i don't like the car...

i'm not a big car fanatic...but...i know my shit..and i have dealt with cars more than u think...

like i mentioned before...i know everything about the stupid NSX...i simply just won't buy it...because IMO it's an overpriced POS...

what's wrong with the fact that i'd rather drive a M5/6 or Maserati...if they go for the same price...

it's just a matter of choice...

I never said there was anything wrong with you wanting an M5/6 or Maserati. It really is your choice. I like those cars as well. I'm a big M fan. But you calling the NSX an overpriced POS surely is disturbing and shows how ignorant you are about cars in general. Just because you pick a car based on it's status, heritage and price does not mean you know anything about cars. You're not a car guy dude. Face it. More expensive does not mean better. The Lotus Elise costs a fraction of all these top dollar exotics, yet it is more fun to drive than most of them. Simply because of it's power to weight ratio and sensation of speed that it gives.

Guest Fez

I never said there was anything wrong with you wanting an M5/6 or Maserati. It really is your choice. I like those cars as well. I'm a big M fan. But you calling the NSX an overpriced POS surely is disturbing and shows how ignorant you are about cars in general. Just because you pick a car based on it's status' date=' heritage and price does not mean you know anything about cars. You're not a car guy dude. Face it. More expensive does not mean better. The Lotus Elise costs a fraction of all these top dollar exotics, yet it is more fun to drive than most of them. Simply because of it's power to weight ratio and sensation of speed that it gives.

[/quote']

just cause i'm not a ricer, doesn't mean i don't know about cars...

i've worked on many many cars...

from my own 11 sec DSM..to a friend's 9 sec FD...

and dropping a motor/doing suspension work on a road racing K powered CRX...so yeah...i know a bit...

and i still call the nsx an overpriced POS...

that's the way i see it...

and i do not go by price or heritage...i know ehen to recognize....like i do with that specific car...i just simply wouldn't buy one...

I never said there was anything wrong with you wanting an M5/6 or Maserati. It really is your choice. I like those cars as well. I'm a big M fan. But you calling the NSX an overpriced POS surely is disturbing and shows how ignorant you are about cars in general. Just because you pick a car based on it's status, heritage and price does not mean you know anything about cars. You're not a car guy dude. Face it. More expensive does not mean better. The Lotus Elise costs a fraction of all these top dollar exotics, yet it is more fun to drive than most of them. Simply because of it's power to weight ratio and sensation of speed that it gives.

just cause i'm not a ricer, doesn't mean i don't know about cars...

i've worked on many many cars...

from my own 11 sec DSM..to a friend's 9 sec FD...

and dropping a motor/doing suspension work on a road racing K powered CRX...so yeah...i know a bit...

and i still call the nsx an overpriced POS...

that's the way i see it...

and i do not go by price or heritage...i know ehen to recognize....like i do with that specific car...i just simply wouldn't buy one...

Who says ricers knew anything about cars? All they do is put on altezza taillights, glue on exhaust tips, put on huge spoliers and saturate the car with stickers. They have no knowlwgdge whatsoever on how to build or tune a sleeper.

11 sec dsm, 9 sec FD3? If you are not making this stuff up( which you probably are), you must know the potential of japanese tuner cars. So you should be ashamed of yourself for bashing them.

Guest Fez

So no more boost for you? Or just german boost? LOL

nah..i got over that...

still boosting tho...1.8t pos...

i was going to start a 24V VR6 + Boost project...but i got over that too...

nah..i got over that...

The VR6 is a serious motor, it responds well to boost. But the sickest VR6 powered car I've seen to date was an MK3 GTI with a built block on some hot cams, high compression pistons, intake, exhaust, headers, ecu and a 200 shot of NOS. It disappeared like a dot. Easily an 11 sec car. But the drag strip only tells part of the story. On the highway it took off like a bull on crack.

Guest Fez

nah..i got over that...

The VR6 is a serious motor' date=' it responds well to boost. But the sickest VR6 powered car I've seen to date was an MK3 GTI with a built block on some hot cams, high compression pistons, intake, exhaust, headers, ecu and a 200 shot of NOS. It disappeared like a dot. Easily an 11 sec car. But the drag strip only tells part of the story. On the highway it took off like a bull on crack.

[/quote']

a local... Chirs Green, has the fastest VR6 in the States...9.5 sec 158mph jetta...

i love those motors...in the future i would do it...but now, i have other shit to fo first...

nah..i got over that...

The VR6 is a serious motor, it responds well to boost. But the sickest VR6 powered car I've seen to date was an MK3 GTI with a built block on some hot cams, high compression pistons, intake, exhaust, headers, ecu and a 200 shot of NOS. It disappeared like a dot. Easily an 11 sec car. But the drag strip only tells part of the story. On the highway it took off like a bull on crack.

a local... Chirs Green, has the fastest VR6 in the States...9.5 sec 158mph jetta...

i love those motors...in the future i would do it...but now, i have other shit to fo first...

DSCN1147.jpg

IMG_7860_copy.jpg

IMG_8005_copy.jpg

:o :o :o

Guest Miss_Digital

nah..i got over that...

DSCN1147.jpg

IMG_7860_copy.jpg

IMG_8005_copy.jpg

:o :o :o

hey that looks like my old car passat v6