Clubplanet Nightlife Community

6 Reasons not to work at Space as a promoter!

Guest BAEZ

Guest BAEZ

1) They dont pay promoters. - I worked there for almost 2 months with no pay!

2) They advertise the event as OPEN BAR Before 12AM or 1AM and its hardly ever OPEN BAR.

3) Ariel Beato is supposed to be at the door checking the people that arrive from your guest list and he can never make it on time, usually makes it after the list closes.

4) Sometimes the door man says they dont have a Guest List for a promoter. Sometimes the door man says there is no such Guest List for Jason Baez.

5) Space management changes their mind to frequently, sometimes 1 hour before opening time.

6) Ariel Beato is a horrible boss. He does not look out for his employess. Actually, after he promises you hes gonna get the money he never comes thru. He doesnt pick up your calls either, ask any other promoter that worked under Ariel.

In conclusion, Space makes enough money! Why cant you pay a miserable $3 per person a promoter brings in?

The thing that pisses me off the most is that the Guy thats supposed to be your friend, the one that looks out for you, is the one that ends up fucking you over!! I dont care about the money, its more about a friend I lost...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LeVeL

This is not the first time I heard about this in Space.

Hope everything turns out better for you in the future man but when money is involved, greed can break up friendships.

Guest teabag

I hope u learned your lesson.....clinch ur butcheecks or get rammed! Welcome to the Miami nite life industry. Hey you can sue at small claims court for up to $5000... stop whining and do something about it. To file is only $50 bucks...shit I have been suing everyone from Fpl to my crazy uncle and guess what? They will think twice about fucking with u next time. So sue or STFU!!!

Guest macboy

I hope u learned your lesson.....clinch ur butcheecks or get rammed! Welcome to the Miami nite life industry. Hey you can sue at small claims court for up to $5000... stop whining and do something about it. To file is only $50 bucks...shit I have been suing everyone from Fpl to my crazy uncle and guess what? They will think twice about fucking with u next time. So sue or STFU!!!

I have advised a couple of promoters in the past to go this route, regarding a different club, but no one seems to follow through.

Guest slamminshaun

You sued your crazy uncle? Whatever happened to blood being thicker than water?

Whatever happened to people paying people back on time....I'd sue my own grandma if she dicked me over. :P

Guest Marina22

That blows! It is not surprising though... I have noticed this whole open bar thing before but I hadn't had the bad luck with the guest list yet. I have been going to Space since the begining. I have always gone for the great DJs they have brought us over the years and won't stop going. It's just a shame that now I have seen and heard things that make one not want to be a loyal patron. At least we do have other choices, but that is why it is dog eat dog. Good luck in your other ventures.

Guest coach

That does suck. And yet, depite all the complaints posted here and elseshere and heard through the grapevine, they still continue to pull in the crowds. I wonder why...

Guest swirlundergrounder

That does suck. And yet, depite all the complaints posted here and elseshere and heard through the grapevine, they still continue to pull in the crowds. I wonder why...

It's because 98% of the people who go there don't hear about stuff like this or give a shit about what they hear about a place they can go get fucked up at every weekend. Bottom line is most of the people who go out don't care and are just mezmerized by the glitz and glamour.

Sorry to hear about this cat not getting paid. Promoting any club isn't easy but shit like this happens at the biggest clubs in the world fown to the smallest ones.

Hopefully you were smart and logged in your hours that you honestly worked for those 2 months. Hopfully you were smart enough to get some kind of legal documentation that you were in fact legally employeed by Club Space such as a W-2 form. Gather up all that paper work and file a claim in small claims court for the maximum of $5,000. Don't even tell Space or threaten them. They won't listen to you. They don't give a shit about you obviously. So file your claim. File a complaint with the Labor Department of Florida and the Chamber of Commerce of Miami Dade. Get as much documentation as you can. Be prepared and go to court.

Maybe Space will just pay you out your money instead of paying a lawyer to appear in court for them.

But you can bitch all you want to whom ever even Luis Puig himself. But it will fall upon deaf ears.

Take it to court. If you don't you would have wasted 2 months of your life for nothing! And then a year down the road or 2 years down the road you're gonna regret it and hear someone else go through the same thing, take the legal action and GET PAID!!!!!

I'd say good luck to you. But in this case, you have to create your own luck!!

Guest dgrutman

I blame dade.... he steals money to pay for his smack habit...

thats not true. dade is actually the owner of nocturnal and thats how he keeps the doors open.

Guest teabag

Good point Terry, most companies would settle a small claim rather than get a lawyer, or get a unfavorable order by the judge...small claims is the name of the game for all your "clubbing flyer delivery payment mishaps".... On the other hand..so called promoters get a real job, GO sell crack or somet'ng.....police academy is taking rookies.....or go swim around the keys... sharks need food.... ......do not get into shit u don't know cause u think is cool...go to the army and shoot somebody be helpful.......If u had a brain u would have stayed quiet and sued..

Guest saintjohn
most companies would settle a small claim rather than get a lawyer

Unless the company in question already has a law firm on retainer.

Guest Ariel

Wow.

First of all, I would like to clear things up.

Jason, stop trying to make people feel sorry for you and be all sentimental about losing a "friend." You and I were never friends. Sorry to break your heart.

Now, about getting paid...Maybe if you brought people in like other promoters, Biz, Eddy G, myself for example, you would have got paid. Every other promoter brought in more people than you, and even then they all sucked like you.

You're mad about $81. Stop whining. I paid you enough with drink tickets and getting in free. So long to that though.

As per are conversation on the phone about a week ago, I definately lost respect for you, as a man. No one insults me or my team who I work with. This just makes it even worse.

Good Luck to you though, you deserve it.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Wow.

Jason, stop trying to make people feel sorry for you and be all sentimental about losing a "friend." You and I were never friends. Sorry to break your heart.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Guest junglesmacks

1. The magnitude of the DJ's they bring in

2. Insane after hours

Guest BAEZ

Wow.

Now, about getting paid...Maybe if you brought people in like other promoters, Biz, Eddy G, myself for example, you would have got paid. Every other promoter brought in more people than you, and even then they all sucked like you.

You're mad about $81. Stop whining. I paid you enough with drink tickets and getting in free. So long to that though.

As per are conversation on the phone about a week ago, I definately lost respect for you, as a man. No one insults me or my team who I work with. This just makes it even worse.

Ariel, how would you know how many people I brought in the club if you were not there 65% of the time before the guest list closes and 50% the time you were there, im sure alot of my guests were not even marked on my list. So its a matter of your word against mine. Second of all, im not trying to make people feel sympathy for me because I dont need it from anyone here. I can take care of myself, different than you, I dont live with my parents.

The real reason why I posted this topic is so people can understand, and not give a fuck, about how Space works. Space doesn't have any legal paperwork that I used to work there. I could say about 7 people actually knew I was a promoter (not including the other 3 promoters).

And Ariel... you dont bring in people either... You would tell me you bring in 160 - 180 a sat. night, but I was always there at 10:30 PM and the club never had 160-180. No wonder you got fired from Spirits.

I wish I wasnt the only one with balls to post here about your Immaturity and lack of Business Ethics. And for you to say we were never friends does break my heart, thinking that your one of the many people in south florida with fake & shady personalities.

Ariel, Ive got nothing else to say on this forum. If you think you still need to bullshit more, call me if you still have the balls in between your legs.

P.S.: Thanks for the Oscar G. CD!

Guest mursa

Wow.

Ariel, how would you know how many people I brought in the club if you were not there 65% of the time before the guest list closes and 50% the time you were there, im sure alot of my guests were not even marked on my list. So its a matter of your word against mine. Second of all, im not trying to make people feel sympathy for me because I dont need it from anyone here. I can take care of myself, different than you, I dont live with my parents.

The real reason why I posted this topic is so people can understand, and not give a fuck, about how Space works. Space doesn't have any legal paperwork that I used to work there. I could say about 7 people actually knew I was a promoter (not including the other 3 promoters).

And Ariel... you dont bring in people either... You would tell me you bring in 160 - 180 a sat. night, but I was always there at 10:30 PM and the club never had 160-180. No wonder you got fired from Spirits.

I wish I wasnt the only one with balls to post here about your Immaturity and lack of Business Ethics. And for you to say we were never friends does break my heart, thinking that your one of the many people in south florida with fake & shady personalities.

Ariel, Ive got nothing else to say on this forum. If you think you still need to bullshit more, call me if you still have the balls in between your legs.

P.S.: Thanks for the Oscar G. CD!

lmao !! owned-headbulge.jpg

Guest Cosmigonon

1. The magnitude of the DJ's they bring in

2. Insane after hours

true dat!