Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Official Derrick Carter @ Shine Review(WITH LARGER PICS LOL)

Bling

Where do I start.. While it was not the best party at shine by far .... that one goes to Jazzy Jeff it was without a doubt musicallly the best nite at Shine by far.

MY FIRST CONTENDENDER FOR SET OF 2006 TO DERRICK CARTER AT SHINE!!! (flawless, magical and just sick sick sick)

THIS WAS AN EDUCATION IN HOUSE MUSIC ........ !!!

Starting off the nite was Chris Bourne.. His track selection varied from deeper stuff to some more harder tunes. His track selection was very good though I thought by the end of his set, he was "bangin it out" a bit too much for an opener esp for Derrick Carter.

besides that I enjoyed his set.

Derrick Carter (late as always lol showed up around 130 and played till 430 or so)

Though the crowd was definitly there many left early and by the end it was just myself, funk, justin, seth, maria, phil and lyrik dancing our asses off.

At first I watned to depart a bit early as i felt sick from all the Patron but just like his set At Gryphon the best was saved for last. (btw this set was better then gryphon last yr.. which was coincidentally one of my top picks of the year)

DERRICK CARTER IS A MASTER!! NUFF SAID

jackin house all nite long.... he played the cosby show theme song i went nuts.. but by the end he was dropping this just sickkk jazzy live instrumental high energy stuff that had us just saying

WOW WOW WOW

I am sure jon was very pleased with Derrick's performance

and that he will be back soon

Unlike Farina who ive seen 3 times and has never impressed me live that is 2 for 2 for Derrick

my hat goes off to this man for delievering the goodness

i swear i thought i was listening to a set from housearrestevents.net.

and that is a very very good thing

LOTS OF PICS SOON LOTSSSSSSSSSSS (AFTER FUNK SHOWED UP ESP)

and awayyyyyyyyyyy we goooooo ;D

they are not ordered in any way as there are so many lol

92.jpg

Mr Carter

82.jpg

Maria, Moi, Julia and Carlos

72.jpg

612.jpg

602.jpg

62.jpg

Cute Bartender ;D

592.jpg

582.jpg

OMFG Lyrik died 8)

572.jpg

Jon and Chris Bourne

562.jpg

552.jpg

542.jpg

532.jpg

522.jpg

512.jpg

502.jpg

Maria dancing at the end of the nite

52.jpg

Major and moi

492.jpg

The final loyal Chicago Househeads ;D

482.jpg

Funk doin his thing like no one is watchin :)

472.jpg

272.jpg

262.jpg

252.jpg

Maria and T bar dancing

242.jpg

232.jpg

jojoflores may not have spun last nite but his spirit remains ;D

212.jpg

202.jpg

Mr. and Mrs. Swank

22.jpg

192.jpg

182.jpg

Oye que voila compadre get ur ass down here cuz this cat is tearin it up

172.jpg

Yes ahhhhhh I see...

162.jpg

Patron does a body good..... burp

152.jpg

142.jpg

Derrick Carter & Jon Cowan

132.jpg

122.jpg

112.jpg

102.jpg

12.jpg

Guest macboy

The fact that everyone had a great time was a given. What I'd like to know is if Derrick Carter finally had a great enough time in Miami that he will shed his negative bias towards it and come down more often. What say you, Lyrik??

Guest Funketeer

Nice pics Bling!!! ;D

Derrick Carter is a beast, had a blast...Shine is the most confortable venue that I've seen in ages, no intricate corridors or useless props, clean and easy to move around...I liked the dancefloor a lot, slick...after you danced on wood, concrete seems a bit ghetto, so yeah, that's definitively classy...nice to see everyone, good times.

Funk!~

Guest Devilicious

all I can say is what a fun night! Chris did a great job opening, IMO he kinda had to start bangin it out since it got pretty late... but you could definitely tell when Derrick came on.

Had tons of fun with all the CJers out, many thanks for your patronage!

I hadn't heard Derrick before and for the most part I really liked his sound, totally made me dance... energy all the way. I think I left before the "jazzy instrumental stuff" um yeah. He seemed to be in high spirits as we all chatted after closing, so hopefully he'll come back!

Mucho funo!!!!

Big thanks to Jon for everything anf to T for convincing me to get on the bar...I havent done that since Sander at Space. LOL!

I like Shine alot, if its too hot/crowded you can outside, into the hallway or out by the pool. There are 2 sets of bathrooms away from the club so you arent smashed into a hot, tiny room. The sound in the room is balanced so that if you are at the bar, you dont have to scream at your friends, but nice and loud on the dancefloor. I can tell Ill be spending more time soon...kike the 21st for Collette. LOL! :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest LYME

we are bringing in DERRICK from London for the 26 March, but two clubs without confirmed line ups for that night have said that he's not big enough and they are not sure he'd fill the club.

UN - F**KING - BELIEVABLE

Guest lyrik

we are bringing in DERRICK from London for the 26 March, but two clubs without confirmed line ups for that night have said that he's not big enough and they are not sure he'd fill the club.

UN - F**KING - BELIEVABLE

Derrick during conference always fills the club end of story...maybe outside of the conference I would tend to agree depending on the club...but come conference time he only plays a very few select parties...if any...2 years ago he played the x'ess party at a shit hole of a club and the place was packed to the gills...line down the block.