Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WHAT IS "MADE IN MIAMI"?

Guest biznation00

MADE IN MIAMI IS...

born and bred here..

something we can all be proud of...

a chance for us to give back...

an opportunity to offer something new...

our OWN thing..

something WE can control and develop...

a party started for the right reasons...

a group of individuals coming together with a common goal...

something we've been thinking and talking about for a long time...

a party we hope will continue to develop into something you guys can count on and take pride in...

Made in Miami is Murk!

Sunday is our day…

Mansion is our home…

OK..NOW....WHO'S COMING WITH ME?!?!?!

;)

Guest davidorth

MADE IN MIAMI IS...

born and bred here..

our OWN thing..

a party we hope will continue to develop into something you guys can count on and take pride in...

Made in Miami is Murk!

Sunday is our day…

Mansion is our home…

;)

Made In Miami is...

a place to have fun with old friends...

a place to meet new friends...

a party that makes you feel good about being you...

:)

Guest Josephmama

Another Great party! so much alcohol in my tummy. Biz, what happened to the jager bottle you usually walk around with?? hehehe........:P

MADE IN MIAMI IS...

born and bred here..

our OWN thing..

Made in Miami is Murk!

Sunday is our day…

Mansion is our home…

;)

All you guys did was export a space product across the bay to Sobe. Space djs, space promoters etc. LP should get a royalty check.. All suite is Space exported across the bay aswell. Pretty sad for both parties..

but who cares, but I am calling you guys out on this below.

Now if you really want "a chance for us to give back..."

Then fine, I've approached a few clubs to do a chairty drive for a special charity guyman has worked on, i'll post the details below. So far no clubs have offered to help. Will you? If anyone else would like to help out, i'll give you the phone numbers to the charity.

Nancy and Diana,

Last week I met with Dr Margaret Gorensek, Chairman of the Dept of Infectious Diseases and Anne Solmo, Coordinator of the Children's Family HIV Program.

I learned of their program right before Christmas, when one of their patients, an 18 year old girl needed help as she moved from the hospital to her own apartment. She has been in the HIV program since she was born. The young girl has no parents, and she had no place to go as she was discharged. Anne managed to have an apartment donated, but had nothing to put in it. I called Michael Ellberg at FSN Florida, and he contacted one of our sales associates, Bob Murphy. Bob was able to persuade Walker Furniture to donate an apartment full of nice furniture. I chipped in with a Bed, Bath, and Beyond gift certificate, and in two days this girl had a place to call home. Anne told me the young girl was thrilled with her own apartment and her own furniture.

The experience was a great rush for me; one of the best Christmas gifts I've ever given (with help from Michael, Bob, and Walkers of course).

I met with Dr Gorensek and Anne to learn more about their program; I wanted to know how it was funded and if I could help even further.

The program is a support system for the many HIV children and mothers the Cleveland Clinic treats; almost all of whom are very poor. Many of the HIV children have either lost their parents to the disease or have been abandoned.

The budget for the program fluctuates between $80,000 and $90,000 per year. Their fund raising is not very public nor very organized; it mainly consists of charitable donations, doctors passing the hat, or even funds received from wills and estates of deceased patients.

Both Dr Gornesek and Anne agreed they would love to raise more money, but both are quite busy treating patients and running the HIV program at the Clinic. Their biggest expenses are staff, special programs for the children, and emergency expenses for special need situations (like the one I encountered).

I asked if they could wave a wand and add to their program what they would wish for, and they said two things.

1. An increase in funds and/or resources for the children in the program. Not only for the treatment and needs of the children in the Clinic, but also for the education of expectant mothers who are HIV positive. With the advancements in HIV medicines, if a mother starts treatment soon enough the baby can be born HIV free.

2. A living place for young HIV patients as they make the transition to young life. These are not teens who were exposed to HIV because of their own behavior, these are teens that were born with HIV and have survived with the medicine and help of the Cleveland Clinic. Right now it is difficult for the 17-18 year olds who are trying to make the transition to caring for themselves.

I would like very much to involve myself, the Marlins and FSN Florida in some capacity to help this charity. I'm not sure of the form, but it sounds (and feels) like a cause that needs some help. I do not want to just lend my name to this, I would like to take on as much of the heavy lifting as my job and time allows. My wife Renee, who has a background in Marketing and Advertising is willing to help as well.

Dr Gorensek was going to speak with Marty Sargaent, the COO of the Cleveland Clinic in Weston to gauge the Clinic's interest.

I guess with this email I am trying to do the same with both the Marlins and FSN Florida.

Let me know what you think, and I will report back when I here from Dr Gorensek.