Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mark Farina @ SHINE: Saturday, Feb. 18th

Guest Cablebeats

Guest Spankmeister

Why hasn't anybody commented on this most excellent night?

I got to experience Mark Farina again...and he didn't disappoint as usual.... ;D

That is the thing about Mark, you never know what exactly he is going to spin, I have seen him 30-ish times and I don't think I have heard the same set twice (it is super-rare to hear him spin the same track even!)

I wasn't there the entire evening, but the time I was, it was great...I can't wait till conference when he spins again!

Thanks Jon for the hospitality and T for all the tasty drinks! you are one of the top Bartenders on the beach and always is a highlight of my trip to Shine!.... ;D

had plans on going but being sick wasnt in my plans for this weekend.wanted to be there more then anything to congratulate Marco and Carla on recently tying the knot.

Guest MCDINI

Got to this party just as Mark came on. I danced for three hours strait (except for trips to the bar!) It was an excellent set, great music that kept the dance floor bump’n.

Farina was really into it. You could tell he was giving it all and it really showed.

I was really looking forward to hearing him and he didn't disappoint. My friends had a great time too, and I had to tell them about it! Look forward to seeing him again. I hope there is more talent like him coming to the area soon (besides music conference of course).

Does anybody know who the promoter was? I keep getting the emails about upcoming shows, a lot of good stuff. Keep up the good work!

Guest djjoncowan

I do all the in house bookings and head the promotions with ryan and stephan from elite entertainment and my business parner gerry kelly. check out www.shinesouthbeach.com for upcoming guests at shine....

friday feb 24th - danny daze vs mikey sinms (open format main room)

bdise (house and classics in the lounge)

saturday feb 25th Chis Bourne and JOJOFLORES (pure house music)

justin johnson (open format lounge)

SATURDAY MARCH 4th - MISS HONEY DIJON

Friday - MARCH 10th - DJ JAZZY JEFF W/special hip hop guest dj off of's jeff new album "the magnificent"

Saturday MARCHH 11 DJ JAZZY JEFF W/SPECIAL GUEST "MASTER' (HINT)guest dj also from the upcoming album (the magnificent) plus - march 11th is my b-day so the drinks will be a flowin ;) ;)

upcoming dates tba - L&B :o

return of mark farina

plus oh so many more surprises ;)

Guest musicalmissionary

I had such a great time Saturday night at Shine. I couldn't stop dancin the whole night. I loved how he just kept playin doper and doper shit even after the crowd started thinning. He's loves his fans for sure.

Guest davidgandy

what a night, i danced on the dancefloor and knocked over someones bombay martini, i was dancing fevershily on the speaker oppsite the dj booth and between the static white light that was blinding and the stares from those not quite as enthuiastic i felt a little out of place. it really went there after i started yelling at mark as an encouragement from across the room which is a tradition that goes back many years. i think the crown pegged me as some sort of whacked out freek that was a danger to them. so to that i say.... if you dont know chicago house then there's alot you're missing out on!!! you need to read or get the video of KEN BURNS" JAZZ" to really get the vibe thats going down......

its psycho like that and its about release and abstract funk... not your typical song and dance............

so needless to say, i enjoyed last saturday to the fullest and as i work at another club on the beach, i was very happy to hear music that i truly enjoy on the beach. thank you to all involved and keep bringing that Chicago sound, its still as fresh and innovative as ever!!!!!!

thank you shine!!!!!!!!

Last time I went to Shine was a few months ago when Mark played for the first time. That was actually the last Saturday I had off!! Luckily for me, I had this past Saturday off and Mark happened to be the guest at Shine again. I was blown away by his set last time and I can say the same thing for this time. It is truly inspiring to hear him play and feel the energy he puts into it. He understands house music and where it comes from and it is evident in every single track he plays. He plays tracks that are over ten years old and nobody in the room even realizes it. He blends them in and makes them sound as fresh and innovative as they did 10 years ago.

I highly recommend to ANYONE that has not heard Mark to do so ASAP. If you like house music or have an interest in it....or you are an up and coming DJ...you NEED to hear this guy. He will show you what true house music is...where it came from...and why it is a feeling!

Props to Jon Shine for bringing Mark and providing him with a great room and system to do what he does.

Props to Mark for keeping it real and being a nice guy.

I'll be there next time Mark is there.

OG