Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Djs that only want to play the patio...

V. Barbarino

There is an epidemic in the DJ community that djs only want to play the patios.... Either Space or Noc....

Jocks come to space and want 5am main room slots play 3 records, then head up to the patio.... WTF is that???

If the Djs are requesting it, fine, how about booking jocks who only want the mainroom? Patio djs are a scam, they want the patio because it's easy!

Real djs want the mainroom from midnight on till ????

Guys I've seen excel in the main room, DT, OG, Tsettos, Hernan C, Morillo, sometimes DD. They all can hold that mainroom till 8am or longer. All your fav djs who get kick ass reviews play from 3am till 5am... Any asshole can rock that room between those hours especially when they don't have to take in account of keeping that room going after they get off and head up to the patio...

I'm not DT's biggest fan, but he's old school, give him the mainroom for 15 hours! He'll eat it up..

Guest Darwin Castillo

There is an epidemic in the DJ community that djs only want to play the patios.... Either Space or Noc....

We're spoiled here in Miami. Nick, NYC, Chicago, DC or any other place that really doesnt have a Patio/terrace play forever in the main room. But lucky us, we have these things (like playing at the beach) and we the people wake up especially to just hit the patio. Main room still rocks over patio sets (in my opinion)!

Guest tres-b

Every major city in America has "mainrooms". The terrace/patio experience is what makes Miami different.

Having said that, it takes a talented DJ to hold a mainroom together for extended periods but I dont believe that one is easier to play than the other.

Both are different environments that demand different sounds.

Guest djqba

Jocks come to space and want 5am main room slots play 3 records, then head up to the patio.... WTF is that???

If the Djs are requesting it, fine, how about booking jocks who only want the mainroom? Patio djs are a scam, they want the patio because it's easy!

Wow, spoken like a true expert. How many of you have heard Saleen playing anywhere? Was it any good, did he rock your world? Or did he bore you with his masters in BS!!

Guest Darwin Castillo

Wow, spoken like a true expert. How many of you have heard Saleen playing anywhere? Was it any good, did he rock your world? Or did he bore you with his masters in BS!!

LMAO!!!

Guest soozin

I used to be a mainroomer always, and only occassionally went up to the patio but lately I've really been diggin it a lot. i like the fresh air and sunshine... def huge perk of miami life! i tend to dig the beats more too.. main room has its place for sure, OG main room cant be touched, DT too... but i definitely like the patio grooves...

Guest trauma

Ummm, I'll play any time, any where ... and rock the crowd the best that I can. I think that it doesn't really matter if you're on the patio or not ... if you know how to rock a crowd, you know how to rock a crowd.

Either way, I'm cool.

lmao

Let me know if anybody needs a DJ that can play open format like it's nothing.

Mister Gray aka Trauma

Guest HouseJunkie

Ummm, I'll play any time, any where ... and rock the crowd the best that I can. I think that it doesn't really matter if you're on the patio or not ... if you know how to rock a crowd, you know how to rock a crowd.

Either way, I'm cool.

lmao

Let me know if anybody needs a DJ that can play open format like it's nothing.

Mister Gray aka Trauma

Could you rock After hours @ Century Village?

Guest Spankmeister

I like to think of the patio as the bonus round...

me too. if i make it there, great... if not, oh well.

You didn't make it on Saturday...and missed a great set and morning... ;D

Guest ramon

i think the patio gives the dj an oppurtunity to play records that may not be suited for the mainroom , but more for an outdoor environment .. certain dj's .. have more than just 1 side to them. :)

Guest vegasguy25

The Space terrace is the single greatest club environment I've ever experienced, and I have a lot of friends who feel the same way.

Guest JustBeFABOLOUS9

I love the patio but jeez I wake up so early now I can barely make it past 5.... but it does suck for people like me that want to see for example Roger play.. and he starts at like 8am... I know a lot of people just sleep and wake up in the morning and then hit the patio.. but I find that a bit strange..

Eat breakfast then... patio time 8) lol not me

Guest Cosmigonon

I tend to show up around 3ish, so that way I get to see some main-room excitement and also check the patio too. Best of both worlds.

I sort of do the same thing, show up between 4-5, get an hor of main room and then head up to the patio. I love watching the sun rise... 8)