Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Global Gathering reviews...

V. Barbarino

How will Ultra do? My guess is, they will also loose money. Bang, GG, Ultra will have all lost money this year. Ultra clearly knows that EDM can't pull in the crowds, thus why they spent a fortune on the killers.

It's hard to judge what they will do, they have the name, history and wmc crowd in town, but at the same time, the locals I think will bail on them, I think all the locals went to GG for NIN and they can't afford to spend another 130 bucks. Plus the Killers won't draw the crowd NIN did. I think GG and UMF have done piss poor jobs marketing the events up here in Broward. I saw zero promotions for both events, yet it's rumored 25% of the Space crowd is from Broward, thus why they didn't push these events up here in Broward was dumb. (clubs and festivals rely on the net too much)

I think GG's numbers are inflated a little bit, I think they only did 20k, but I'll get the count from someone who won't bs me. I think Ultra will do the same amount of people.

No one cares about EDM and djs anymore, I think the Killers weren't a good booking for drawing people to a festival.

In year 2, I expect GG to be a rock fest, with country music and a tent for EDM with only the biggest jocks. They can strong arm the djs and cut costs. None of those djs were worth more than 5k, including DD. The same amount of people would have been there without DD.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a great time at GG

got there at 3 just in time for DD..

Highlights

saw crazy C :)

DD

Stanton Warriors - dropped some amazing tracks

S&D entertained me for some time got a little bored

Zombie was great -made funny comments about sliting your wrists listening to electronic music

NIN stole the show!!!

VIP setup was perfect, Had lots of food available any time,

seating and quick bar service. the best part was the VIP bathroom.

he breaks tent had the best sound & music IMO

Guest ramon

I would have to say that the highlights were....

Sasha and Digweed

-Bloc Party remix

-Annie Lennox "Sweet Dreams" remix

-a bunch of other dope tracks I don't know the names of

Roger Sanchez

-brought it hard and funky

-killed it and brought the energy that Deep Dish just coudn't seem to find

Ferry Corsten and AVB

-got all the ladies in a lovey dovey state

Lawler

-amazing remix of an old Radiohed track

Coheed and Cambria

-great ballad at end of set. I was very surprised

Angello & Ingrosso remix of Sweet Dreams is what Diggers closed with. Sasha closed with Breezer. They opened up with the UNKLE mix of Depeche Mode's John the Revelator. MURK shortly played their mix later in their tent. Go DM! John also played Mode Hookers - Breathe.

Jimmy Van M played Troy Pierce's Horse Nation which sounded insane on that system. The drums all twisted and everything and peoople actually going off to it.

I though S&D were ok. I hadn't heard them in 2 years. They always know how to play to a crowd though. They are pro's at what they do.

Guest LeVeL

Global Gathering was great, I loved the set up but I agree there were certain artist I would of done without. I had a blasts but must say that this would have to be the last festival I am going too, involving electronic music, seeing Dj's play at festivals is boring Dj's belong at clubs.

I got to see Roger Sanchez who was impresive, Sasha and Digweed were cool but not all that. The man who stole the show had to be Armin Van Buuren, he played a slamming set and Ferry followed afterwards and kept the vibe leveled but by that time a lot of the crowd had died out.

I was going to go catch Murk but by the time I went to their stage they were already done but whatever they are here every week so it isn't a big deal, So Caught some portion of Steve Lawlers set who wasn't bad.

As Far as the Rock stage in concerned, it was probably the highlight of the festival Nine Inch Nails,Rob Zombie,Avenged Sevenfold and Coheed & Cambria were all great to see. The environment in the field over the Miami night sky was just great. Loved how they had beer stands and food stands so close to each other without having to walk a mile to get something to drink.

Also there were no long lines at the Port-O-Potties which was something unexpected. I really thought there was going to be a bigger turnout for this but I guess a lot of the electronic crowd got tired of standing an wussed out and went home early. Thats where I have to say that the rock crowd definetely knows how to appreciate a festival like this. I ran into a lot of people who had been there all day and were having the time of their lives.

I dont think one true rock fan paid money to be in the VIP @ a festival, I think it was ridiculous seeing some people overdressed for a festival and then complain about standing too long. When have you heard of seating @ Woodstock or Lollapolooza, this festival brought back the great factor of general admission but the VIP was just plain stupid but hey people are willing to pay it but for what, you still had to walk to the stages to see the artist.

It's real simple about the seating.

I spent 60 bucks, if I was able to sit down for a hour every few hours, I'd stay and spend more money...

100 picknic tables to rent costs nothing, they would have paid for themselves 100 times over..

I would have also had a tent to charge your cell phone, how my phone made it the whole day on 2 bars is a GG miracle! lol... Again, they could have charged for it...

Guest ramon

NINE INCH NAILS was amazing. Thanks for bringin them back after the their failed hurrican appearance. Everything from Pretty Hate machine to With Teeth. I'd definitely see them again.

You guys did a hell of a job for the first year.

Requests for next year.

Techno and The Smashing Pumpkins ;)

Guest slamminshaun

just imagine how empty it would have been if they didn't have the rock bands... The collapse is getting closer for Miami edm scene...

I'll keep this in mind when Ultra posts another 50,000 person event this weekend...

Guest coach

One question, why Bicentennial and not Bayfront. Comparatively, Bicentennial blows. And it won't be there soon, anyway. Was this something the city did?

Guest Diabolique

Aside from NIN, which was my first time, I would like to thank the organizers for having the Marine Parade crew, something I esp enjoyed and have waited for a very long time. Everything Adam Freeland touches is golden! Not only does he take you on a journey, he creates an entire atmosphere, a VIBE. Always fresh and innovative, you never get the same Adam twice. If I were a man on this journey we call life, I would wish to be Mr. Freeland. no, really! ^_^ must be one hell of a ride...

I can't express enough gratitude. :-*

It was a pleasure meeting you in front of the stage during Adam's set. You owned that breaks tent girl, you were all over the place. See you next Sunday ;)

<---nu skool breakbeat junkie. I was in heaven! ;D

sunday..I'm thrrr

Guest mr_alex2

The amphitheatre rocks at bayfront, I really missed it. You can sit if you wanted.

However, not being cramped and fighting to get in a bathroom or a drink was really nice... [also due to less of a crowd]

PS - Rob zombie was kinda of a punk for dissing the EDM crowd, trying to promote some kind of them vs. us crap at a festival is weak! (it was funny, but not really)

Guest nickjunkie

Bayfront is having some sort of ride / attraction installed and the deal is that they cannot close the park to the public anymore. Only the amphitheater alone can be used.

Guest Miss_Digital

One question, why Bicentennial and not Bayfront. Comparatively, Bicentennial blows. And it won't be there soon, anyway. Was this something the city did?

the only advantage i saw of bicentenial was its easier to move around

ultra @ bayfront is like a maze