Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Global Gathering reviews...

V. Barbarino

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coach

One question, why Bicentennial and not Bayfront. Comparatively, Bicentennial blows. And it won't be there soon, anyway. Was this something the city did?

the only advantage i saw of bicentenial was its easier to move around

ultra @ bayfront is like a maze

Because they have like 16 stages!

Guest Miss_Digital

One question, why Bicentennial and not Bayfront. Comparatively, Bicentennial blows. And it won't be there soon, anyway. Was this something the city did?

the only advantage i saw of bicentenial was its easier to move around

ultra @ bayfront is like a maze

Because they have like 16 stages!

LOL i know its insanity they could cut some of those stages out

Guest durrtylexx

oh i forgot to mention - the crystal method.

i cought the last 20 minutes of their set, they dropped chemical brothers - believe.

god dam that track sounded great on that massive sound system. dopeness

Guest Marina22

Great show for the most part. I have been to two festivals with rock and I don't care if I miss it. Would rather go see a DJ so they could kill it cause I think it's a bad mix of people. Also, really bugged by the trash situation like everyone else. Not only was it unnecessary to have to throw it on the grass but it got in the way of dancing! As far as seating, I don't care since I barely sit anyway and I don't mind sitting on the grass sometimes. It really sucks that Ultra won't be at Bayfront anymore because was it fitting for the event, especially the waterfountain and the tent near the water.

Highlights of GG:

- Deep Dish got to say thanks to Ali and wish him luck on their show at night. 'My Girl Wants to Party All the Time'.

- Stanton Warriors-their opening track that I love (forgot name) and Rage's 'Killing in the Name of'.

- Roger Sanchez- first time seeing him and liked him before and after S&D. He had the most girls dancing, Saleen.

- S&D literally stole the show. I still left cause I got bored but was impressed and some points and liked the 'Sweet Dreams' remix. They were too serious though.

- Armin was good of what I heard and liked his energy with the crowd. Great 'Control Freak' remix.

- Caught a lil teeny bit of Rennie Pilgrim and missed Freeland so I wish I would've made it to the breaks tent more.

- Went to NIN for like three songs and left cause there were sooo many people and I like to see the stage more.

- Before you know it it's 11 and I have to go see Steve but wasted my time going to tell my friend where I would be so only saw a part of his set. Biggest surprise was that Radiohead song that I love but just found out was a Radiohead song. Also, he started doing the Doors 'Hello, I Love You' remix that I've heard Adam Freeland do but he was shut down before he could finish.

- Nice to meet Andrew Chibale, Diaga, and Spinderella. :)

Ultra here I come! :D

Walking into the festival was an eyesore, but what could be done about that, nothing probably. However, the girls giving out Axe bodyspray was a great idea. Im sure it helped many people. The line for Will Call, Ticket Sales, Frisking, and Ticket taking were VERY short and we moved thru quickly. I was so happy that they allowed cameras, that a nice touch that helps out the attendees.

We got there about 3pm and it didnt look very full, I was a little worried for the peeps in charge,but by the time nightfall came around, the place was packed. The line to get a 21+ armband was long, but moved VERY fast. The first stage was soooo looud. Edgar was playing and we wanted to stay to listen to a little and maybe move closer, bugt it was overkill so we headed straight to the Biscayne tent for Deep Dish...LOVED IT!!!! it was a nice size and you could still stand just outside the tent while still being able to hear AND see the DJ while enjoying the fresh air and sunshine.

Food and drink prices were pretty reasonable for outdoor events like this. And I was trahed off just one drink anyway. LOL!

The part I loved most was the rides!!!! They were sooooo much fun, and the wind in your face, helped to cool you down after dancing up a storm. I also highly recommend going topless on the ferris wheel...its so exhilarating.

Deep Dish, Roger and Murk were all I really saw. I was so trashed that I might have heard others but I really dont remember.

For me the people are what made this festival so great. I saw old friends, made new ones and just had a great time overall.

I agree that a seating area would have been nice, since there was plenty of room, but I guess thats what VIP is for. I had no problem laying on the ground and catching a few winks before getting up to drink some more. LOL! a few more strategically places trash cans could have helped with the clean up as well.

The fact that there were PLENTY of port-o-potties was great. All you had to do was swipe a handfull of napkins from a vendor and you were set. :)

Overall, I thought it was great. I liked the mix of music and it helped to remind me that young dance music fans (RAVERS) arent the only fucked up music people...some of those rock kids were pretty hardcore as well. LOL!

I would come back again next year and wish much success to those involved.

Guest klubveteran

NIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY SHIT! :o

im so glad i was pretty close to the stage for that. Had to diss MURK's set in the middle for that but hey you guys understand. ;D

DEEP DISH was ON! ALI was on fire 8) best crowd in the tent when they played. and i liked they played in daytime.

Rogers first hour was great. walked around and came back and his he lost half the crowd ???

backstage passes didnt hurt either :D

Guest HouseJunkie

PS...The worst thing about the festival was the mound of black boogers that came out of my nose for 2 days.

I had exactly the same thing, did yours taste like chicken too?

Guest LiquidX

wtf Saleen.. Ultra flyers are all over in Riverfront .. ! I was even surprised.

The only reason there werent as many people to the EDM is because Rock got promoted all over 93.1 and mostly as a rock concert then an EDM fest. Most EDM heads will take their way to Ultra. I think..

Guest Miss_Digital

The only reason there werent as many people to the EDM is because Rock got promoted all over 93.1 and mostly as a rock concert then an EDM fest. Most EDM heads will take their way to Ultra. I think..

true

Guest Damon7278

yeah bro, good point, u know me then that fatfuck, metal heads destroyed the scene for the EDM peeps ::)

Guest spacecadet

You guys are missing the point. We're not about catering to one specific subset of music fans out there. ;D

should add some hip hop for next year

Guest coach

You guys are missing the point. We're not about catering to one specific subset of music fans out there. ;D

Wow. Now that's ironic!

Guest spacecadet

i agree on hip hop aspect.. i know some of u may think im nuts esp lolahotass but i much rather hear hip hop than rock :P

same here, I remeber when snoop came down for that other festival that had hip hop & edm a couple of years ago

Guest tazzz

well after reading through all the reviews I can say that I'm not sad I missed GG. wtf is up with rob zombie and trent dissing electronic music? and whoever said that ultra is gonna do the same 20k - 25k peeps as GG did is crazy (sorry, too lazy to scroll back and quote it), ultra is def gonna hit 50k+ IMO. And as far as EDM not being enough to draw the crowds, Ultra didnt need anything like the Killers last year and still blew up all the stages (who the fuck are the killers anyways? are they decent at all?). GG was billed as some big competition for Ultra but is doesnt even seem to be the same type of event, definitely not much competition. With Ultra, even with the Killers this year, the focus is on the dance music by far. dont get me wrong, I'm all for GG, give the rock kids a cool festival, just next time dont stick the DJs at the same show to annoy mr Zombie ;-)

taz