Clubplanet Nightlife Community

V. I. P.iss on Ultra management!!!

Guest cheffoxx

Guest cheffoxx

V . I. Piss on Ultra management!!! >:( >:(

You couldn't spoil Ultra if you tried and the fuckin management of Ultra tryed there best. I don't know where to start.

I, like many thought hassles would be minimial if I shelled out the hefty $250 for V.I.P

How to ruin a good time

#1 - start by having one window for V.I.P. will call

#2 Mix the Very Important People with the Very Pissed People going to customer service in one line.

#3 Leave it up to the ticket holders to figure out they have been standing in the wrong will call for 3hrs.

#4 hire a bunch of idiots half stoned to photo copy each a every VIP ticket holder spending like 10 minutes on each person. At least 1,000 V.I.Ps times 10minutes, do the math! I waited 3hrs.

#5 Red Carpet????

#6 Starbucks????

#7 Gift Bags????

#8 Don't have, or have but don't give out with the tickets a handheld DJ Schedule.

#9Don't have handheld maps or especially "you are here" dots on the big map and lights at night???(I hear they had schedules but I asked three employees that knew absolutely nothing about Ultra.)

#10 Only have one person make V.I.Ps feel like a V.I.Ps, the bar tender by the sand castle.

#11 Have a general lack of information or misleading information??? ???

#12 Don't give out I.D. bracelets to minimize the I.D. CHECK TO ONE TIME

#13 Rent only one mobile bathroom for V.I.Ps that overflows with piss and trash half way through the event!! Making the army of lightless porto potties seem like a blessing.

#14 Don't have anyone pick up trash and don't have an army of trash cans so the trash piles up until I slip on a plastic bottle.

#15 We won't even talk about the clock radio sound system on main stage with Prodigy that would shake a leaf!!

#16 Tell the V.I.P that there is a mainstage V.I.P. viewing area

and then tell them it is only reserved tables, which is fine but where's my viewing area spot?

#17 Take free comped Absolute Vodka intended as a marketing device for the V.I.P crowd and sell it as your own taking another big bite out of my wallet (and the bartenders, tips) :o

I wonder now if the water wasn't comped too??

#18What exactly am I paying $250 dollars for?

#19 No Backpacks and video cameras/ Yes Backpacks and video packs??? I would have liked to have my backpack and video camera. I must of been the only one that paid attention to the rules or security was slack (wish I knew it before the event!)

it was like a film director's school!

#20 Don't have up to the date info on your website such as weather and DJ Schedule

#21Don't have Drinking fontains??

#22 waste peoples time and free hands (remember no backpacks?)picking up there DVD hours before the end to carry around, loose, break, etc.

Now some of you are saying "what a pessimist," "party pooper,"

etc., but its like I said you couldn't of broke up the hugh Prodigy vibe if you tried. I had a great time thanks to Prodigy and Rabbit in the Moon. No thanks is due to the idoit organizers of Ultra. Nice Try!!

;D

Guest HouseJunkie

never get VIP for festivals its a SCAM

More people showed up that what the organizers expected, a LOT more.

Guest brasiliandrunk

The hardest thing was finding out WHERE VIP was or where was the GOOD liquour area , we bought drink tickets to buy drinks yet we had to goto a SPECIAL bar to use the tickets we bought, Carl Cox is always amazing , Killers were awesome, but the single highlight was PRODIGY oh my fucking god that show was insane retarded fucking crazy... Hell I didnt even get searched or anything!! Everyone brought there backpacks hell i saw a guy with a backpack with BAGGIES OF WEED haha full!! He was a walking weed

Guest Miss_Digital

never get VIP for festivals its a SCAM

More people showed up that what the organizers expected, a LOT more.

SCAM ... waste of money

Guest coach

It was actually less disorganized than years before. It is always really disorganized, though. Still a lot of fun.

buahahahahhaah omg lol @ "clock radio sound system" lol .....

shoot .... imma save that one for later

I was there long enough to see the mess .. I'm glad I went cause now I get to bitch about it lol ...

prodigy show was a complete dissapoinment, not because of themselves but because the lights were bad, sound was bad, everything else was bad ....

highlight of the fest was Carl Cox ...

that's all ...

Guest mr_alex2

Very very disorganized... I can't imaginge how pisses you must be to buy VIP and spend the big bucks and get nothing in return...

Shit, a bunch of us walked in with recipets - no tickets! backpacks - we all had backpacks??? no searhing... so so so so unorganized!

I had a hell of a time though!

I'll give you guys the business angle now. The agents and artists were super impressed with GG's organization, what does this mean? Already a lot of high profile artists will be making the jump. Will GG's smooth operation attract more customers? Maybe, but certainly the agents and artists have already chose, you'll see a mass defection next year, though by next year, EDM will be so bad, it doesn't really matter because GG and UMF will be fighting over rock bands. GG forces UMF to run a better operation, more compeition is good for the customer. Though one wonders why they just don't book DMB and make 10 times the money for 1/100th of the work.. anywho, enjoy..

Guest mr_alex2

Funny how we got compliments from all the track/clubplanet/cooljunkie employees that came though.... :-X

I HAD A GREAT TIME!!!!!

However, is there anyone who dares to say the junkie xl,oakenfold speakeres were working correctly? They were totally blown?

Only one enterance?

Are the employees of the above mentioned, also waiting in 2hour lines or are they VIP's?

I'm not saying a didn't have a good time, but I also don't know nor do I care about the business side. I just wanted to go for a great outdoor festival - and it was great. But they did need improvements. But since this only comes once a year, all these comments fall on deaf ears. By the next year, it will all be forgotten and it will still be packed again.

Peace,

Alex V.

Guest Stealth

kudos on how many ppl showed up, and it seemed better than previous umf's that I've been too. but I left early this time because I didn't have a good time. sound system was screwing up on main stage, too many ppl.

Guest cheffoxx

I know what you mean Alex about deaf ears. I am trying though. About the cooljunkies employees- They were probably comped all the way and didn't feel ripped off! About the speakers- I must of droven over the causeway next to mainstage 10 times right before UMF started and never once heard a soundcheck! Next year I'll try GG.

It sucks when you follow the rules and nobody else does (don't get me wrong, I give you total props if you snuck in).

Guest Marina22

Didn't this year's "new producer" do all of these huge festivals before ie: Horde, Lolapalooza, Coachella, and the Tibetan Freedom concerts. I was expecting more from this production director, Ron Doruba. Who's fault was it AAA Arena? If anyone knows tell me I would love to write a fucking letter that no one will read ::)

Guest spacecadet

damn seems people that waited the will call line got really screwed. Over all i thought the festival was good, Morrillo threw it down on the main stage right after he was done the speakers started F@#$% up so jump over to carl cox who threw down the sickest set i have heard from him in a while.Then off to the house tent that smelled liked piss and was to small so was there for 5 mins.The 2nd main stage was pretty good had that small hill like the old main stage just less stepped and Sander threw it down, Next Infusion started there show but problems with the speakers on the 2nd stage as well but the show was almost over when it happened. Need to work on some things, but like the this park over the bayfront park :)

Guest xmuzik

i dj parties with my ipod for $5,000 an hour hit me up if your interested ..... this does include travel , liquor , hotels , hookers , limo's , or anything else i might want

Guest LiquidX

lol you people are funny. Dont ever get VIP.. they suck, always has.And about organization, I have to say that it was better this year. To get water was awesome ( compared to years before ).. now I didnt get liquor and I didnt bother. That would have to be resolved. In a festival of this magnitude, there are things that will always happen.. crowdiness brings that. I say you people are funny because some of things you guys say as if it was the first time you guys go to Ultra. Just get there early and have your tickets handy next time. I had a blast because of those 2-3 basic rules :-)

Guest Cosmigonon

i dj parties with my ipod for $5,000 an hour hit me up if your interested ..... this does include travel , liquor , hotels , hookers , limo's , or anything else i might want

LMAO!!!!!

btw, how come it was easier getting liquor at GG than Ultra? You'd think they'd have a better system by now...

Guest coach

LMAO!!!!!

btw, how come it was easier getting liquor at GG than Ultra? You'd think they'd have a better system by now...

More people at Ultra. And GG was sponsored by Bacardi.

Guest Cosmigonon

LMAO!!!!!

More people at Ultra. And GG was sponsored by Bacardi.

That's not an excuse.

Guest JMT

its like they dont care. its apparent the attendance goes up several thousand every year, yet it seems like the level of staff and facilities doesnt increase. its not rocket science.