Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Drug related deaths

back2basics-

Ok these are for the UK, but the figures tend to be more acurate as some very weird things get atributed to drug related deaths over here.

Heroin/Morphine: 754

Methadone: 298

Cocaine: 87

Ecstasy: 26

Cannabis: 7

Diazepam: 112

anphetamines : 79

Paracetamol: 267

Pain killers : 2,500

For a contry with 55 million people.

The only one that surprises me is Cannabis 7 deaths.. wow.

Now judging by the amount of Ecstacy that is taken in the UK (people take more, because it is cheaper and more readily available all over the contry), it just shows how safe E is. But obviosuley we know that, and it's the LONG term effects that people should think about. But i have always said i don't liek taking pain killers, and judging by the amount of people that die every year.. your much better taking E than pain killer (ok i know quiet a few of those numbers will be suicide.. but still).

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF

Ok they are drug related, as always you get abnormalities from the 'expertly trained' people who do the autopsies. The figures won't ALL be OD's, as with the Ecstacy deaths very few deaths occure each year from OD, they usually relate to heat exhaustion and liver faliure.

I cannot see the Weed deaths being OD's (most of the other will be though) that's why I don't understand them.. you can OD on weed.. but you would have to smoke a bloody field. They may be people who ingested marijuana in condoms from Amsterdam.. I carnet see them being from people who got in a car and drove, they could not establish death as being caused my the weed.. they would have gone down as death due to massive internal injuries or something..

I will try to find out, because it is a little strange. It could be people who are allergic to Weed or one of it's active ingredients.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF

Back2basics, where did you get the stats from. I'm just curious and would like to see more. thx cwm32.gif

------------------

I took the red pill, then i took the blue pill, then the yellow, then the red. And followed the bunny into the hole to never see a single soul.

• 2 weeks later...

The only way pot could possibly be attributed to a death would be lung cancer. Make brownies and stone on.....

------------------

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." --Friedrich Nietzsche

nyc.jpg