Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anybody heard/ saw what happened @ Nocturnal???

Guest Fez

Guest Marina22

This is getting very divisive between us all. Why can't some people like Techno/Minimal and not have to be so defensive about it. It just makes you seem elitist and snobby. Get over it it's Miami and we will always showcase your precious talent, or just go to Detriot where it's nasty and cold.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

I've ranted on this before. It isn't just a problem with minimal/techno or whatever, but each stinking sub-genre has it's elitist fans. Frankly it turns me off.

Guest ddg

hawtins group was acting like a bunch of fuctards on the patio...... ::) ::)

---Hmmm....so...you're saying that Richie was acting in a violent & disruptive manner & compromising the safety of others?? That's the only justifiable reason for someone to be physically assaulted by a venue's security staff & to be removed from said establishment.

Throwing, tripping, and serving drinks on top of equipment as well. What a mess and lack of professionalism. Adam Beyer was the only jock acting half right. And yes that is one tall foker!

well said harold

beyer stole the morning imo....

Guest pod

I wasn't there, but I know most club management won't tolerate the DJs making a mess of the booth. I'd be real protective myself. A decent booth can easily sport 10 grand or more in gear.

Guest ramon

Richie came to the WMC this year to have fun. What happened at Nocturnal was crazy I know I was in the middle of it all! He was having a good time with his friends drinking and partying but the sauced up thugded out bouncers didn’t see it that way.

Dispite how trashed he was. The music was some of the best that Miami has ever come across!!! And no we didn’t loose out!!!

Yo Ramon you better have my cookie ready! This party was SICK!!! The only people that were missing was Sven and Ricardo!!!!!

Yeah Ricardo wouldve made Sunday School Monday school I think.

Guest ramon

This is getting very divisive between us all. Why can't some people like Techno/Minimal and not have to be so defensive about it. It just makes you seem elitist and snobby. Get over it it's Miami and we will always showcase your precious talent, or just go to Detriot where it's nasty and cold.

I have nothing against genres of music. I just have things against a genre of music not being represented at all in this city, but you know we have a few things in the works and hopefully some open minded people will realize there are other types of electronic music out there.

'showcase what precious talent?' sure I get one week a year where I loose sleep and endanger my health because these people won't come here the rest of the year because of the lack of support. Look I give props to Deep Dish and everyone else cause they rock a crowd, but so can these guys so give it a chance you just might like it. At home in your car its not the same as in a club on a proper system with hundreds of other people going nuts.

Guest Skytraveler

umm....he was trashed, like everyone else there. who cares?

Thank You!....welcome to WMC....and I seriously doubt Hawtin is gonna have any problems.

Exactly what I was about to say. It's WMC people it was time to party How many of you got drunk and a bit irrational this past week

EXACTLY!!!

Just because a club or it's bouncers can't handle Hawtin's party doesn't mean he'll have troubles getting booked.

hell maybe Nocturnal won't book him but I'm sure several other clubs will

Guest ramon

hawtins group was acting like a bunch of fuctards on the patio...... ::) ::)

---Hmmm....so...you're saying that Richie was acting in a violent & disruptive manner & compromising the safety of others?? That's the only justifiable reason for someone to be physically assaulted by a venue's security staff & to be removed from said establishment.

Throwing, tripping, and serving drinks on top of equipment as well. What a mess and lack of professionalism. Adam Beyer was the only jock acting half right. And yes that is one tall foker!

well said harold

beyer stole the morning imo....

Beyer & Carola ;)

We need Adam back soon. Those subs are still recovering I think from the basslines that were squeezed out of there. Benno Blome on Sender sounded surreal out there.

Nocturnal was built for techno can we please get it once a fuckin month atleast. Honestly I really enjoy WMC out there. Let's try to do some things ok.

EMI thanks for doing something different. Seriously it means alot to me and techno fans from across the country and world. Alot of people have not stopped talking bout the Cocoon party and The Terrace.

Guest Hateraid

it has nothing to do with the weather, its all about the music and if you ask me id rather take the cold weather and awesome music rather than sunshine and the crap they play here !!!!

by the time the local djs here get it, the music would have changed allready ! we people here in miami only get to hear good music 1 time a year, so recognize !!!!

Guest Marina22

Once a year, give me a fucking break! So I guess you live here, why? You only go listen to music in a club once a year? I feel sorry for your sorry ass! Respeck Miami or stfu!

Guest Hateraid

y do you get upset about when a certain person defends his style of music he enjoys ? i cant understand that. you think they are being snobby? the sad thing is you dont even know what you are talking about !

Once a year, give me a fucking break! So I guess you live here, why? You only go listen to music in a club once a year? I feel sorry for your sorry ass! Respeck Miami or stfu!

Guest ramon

yes once a year. That's the last time Adam was here before this wmc. I do go out more than once a year and I even travel for music. Respect Miami? I did a Sunday party when it was only Nikki beach out there. Look I do my own parties to try expose other artists and music to people. It's all about diversity. I just really put my all into techno music thats all. I love miami there is no other place I rather live. Come check out Stryke & Santos at Cafeteria tonight. They play a unique blend of techno and house.

Guest Marina22

y do you get upset about when a certain person defends his style of music he enjoys ? i cant understand that. you think they are being snobby? the sad thing is you dont even know what you are talking about !

Dude, you don't even know me, what I like or what I know. The only thing I do know is that you are a tool. I still respect people and their passions I just think that it gets a bit overzealous and divisive when you say once a year! Where do you come from Hateraid? What gives you the authority to be so righteous! As far as you Ramon, you are passionate but I just think there is much to be appreciated in dance music besides techno/minimal. I would be travelling right now if I could so tell me how your trips go!

Guest pod

it has nothing to do with the weather, its all about the music and if you ask me id rather take the cold weather and awesome music rather than sunshine and the crap they play here !!!!

by the time the local djs here get it, the music would have changed allready ! we people here in miami only get to hear good music 1 time a year, so recognize !!!!

Oh for fuck's sake there's more to life than some specific sub-genre of music.

There's a reason each city has a "scene", and that is the uniqueness of each city's style. Miami likes the funky house electro stuff, cocaine, girls with implants, and beating up tourists. Detroit likes techno, shooting people, and a corrupt mayor who looks like an Escalade-driving rapper.

Guest Marina22

Thanks Pod, I am loyal to Miami cause this is where I fell in love with dance music and happen to live here by default. I am glad that when I get all fired up you can make me laugh ;D

Guest subdigital-sy

Woo Woo Woo……..this bulliten was all about what happened on Sat morning. This is not about who likes what….

So now im a snobby eletist. Just because im defending an artist that I look up to. Haha that is really funny because you would probably be the same if I were to bash your favorite Dj for his/her actions. Call me whatever you want I don’t give a shit. Techno/Minimal is not just in Detroit. It is all over the world! But does it really matter?

Guest Marina22

I have nothing against genres of music. I just have things against a genre of music not being represented at all in this city, but you know we have a few things in the works and hopefully some open minded people will realize there are other types of electronic music out there.

'showcase what precious talent?' sure I get one week a year where I loose sleep and endanger my health because these people won't come here the rest of the year because of the lack of support. Look I give props to Deep Dish and everyone else cause they rock a crowd, but so can these guys so give it a chance you just might like it. At home in your car its not the same as in a club on a proper system with hundreds of other people going nuts.

I did not see this before. For the record I like this music too and have heard it live. Let me remind you I met you at Stryke and Misstress Barbara. ;)

Guest Marina22

Woo Woo Woo……..this bulliten was all about what happened on Sat morning. This is not about who likes what….

So now im a snobby eletist. Just because im defending an artist that I look up to. Haha that is really funny because you would probably be the same if I were to bash your favorite Dj for his/her actions. Call me whatever you want I don’t give a shit. Techno/Minimal is not just in Detroit. It is all over the world! But does it really matter?

As far as you, I am simply making an observation of the sub-genre and it's warriors as a whole. I was not attacking you personally, if anyone, I was attacking Hateraid for his stupidity. As far as Tech/Min I know it's not only in Detriot I was not born yesterday. Done fighting for now....

Guest ramon

It'd take a lot more than music for me to move to Detroit.

look you couldn't get me to move there but their music scene is wicked fuckin wicked. ill be up there in may again supporting the most important thing going on in our 'scene'

Guest Eidur_Johannsson

This might be a little off where this thread has gone but I saw Adam Beyer @ Space and Nocturnal and he killed it like you rarely see done. The quality of his selection and mixing were extreme.

Guest ramon

This might be a little off where this thread has gone but I saw Adam Beyer @ Space and Nocturnal and he killed it like you rarely see done. The quality of his selection and mixing were extreme.

yep .. he's insane and he's all vinyl .. its crazy!!!

3 turntable madness.

He's quite an accomplished producer as well.

Guest Eidur_Johannsson

3 turntable madness.

I know, I have some of that vinyl and I spin it now and just feel ashamed.

Guest ramon

3 turntable madness.

I know, I have some of that vinyl and I spin it now and just feel ashamed.

The Benno Blome record never sounded that good .. Robotfood was immense. It was cool to the see the look on Petter's face as Adam played the and the confused looks when he played Holden's Dub of Depeche Mode's The Darkest Star

Guest Eidur_Johannsson

He played all the stuff off the new Hardcell and Grindvik EP too, very nice.