Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anybody heard/ saw what happened @ Nocturnal???

Guest Fez

Guest spinderella7713

What a dork of a DJ' date=' I really dont see what the mass appeal of this guy really is, to tell you the truth.

yeah he has made great productions with the alias Plastikman but for him to come to conference and act like a clown and get thrown out for acting like he was acting, really made him look so unprofessional and I hope he learns his lesson from this. But I can imagine that a lot of the people that went to this party to see, "what the whole fuss was about Richie Hawtin". Really aren't going to see him next time around and also it probably hurt him from getting booked down here again.

Alot of Dj's that come during conference that make big impressions usually get booked again after conference is over.

[/quote']

I completly disagree with these opinions.....all press is good press. Do you know how many people barely know who this guy is and are now hearing about him all the time. I'll make sure to go to the next party he has hear in town....see if i can scope out some more action. u know its tru.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

All press is good press, to an extent. I know of a few DJs with some sundry habits that have the press, but are laughed at. I wouldn't say this will affect his bookings, but I would definitely say this changes things for him in a way.

That being said, there's what some guy on some website said, and then there's what really happened.

Guest spinderella7713

All press is good press, to an extent. I know of a few DJs with some sundry habits that have the press, but are laughed at. I wouldn't say this will affect his bookings, but I would definitely say this changes things for him in a way.

That being said, there's what some guy on some website said, and then there's what really happened.

My point is..aside from fact or fiction of what happened, it doesnt even make a difference....someone right now is reading this thread who doesnt know who he is...and when they hear his name again later advertising another night he does....they will stand a better chance of going...or at least tell the story to someone else and thats promotion right there!! .

Guest pod

Well I don't know. If I'm paying good money to go out, do I want to see someone who puts on a quality performance, or someone that acts like an ass and gets thrown out?

I can see people acting like an ass on any given weekend. One of my favorite bloggers put it best:

And accounts for my standing theory, as of right now, that the reason all these fucking people look so fucking stupid is because they're all smoking fucking crack. All the time. Twenty-four hours a day. Because if they had one sober moment -- just one -- where they weren't hitting the pipe, they'd realize the utter insanity of their actions. They'd look in a mirror and say, "Jesus, Mary and Joseph, what the hell did they do to me, and where's my lawyer?

Guest spinderella7713

Well I don't know. If I'm paying good money to go out, do I want to see someone who puts on a quality performance, or someone that acts like an ass and gets thrown out?

I can see people acting like an ass on any given weekend. One of my favorite bloggers put it best:

And accounts for my standing theory, as of right now, that the reason all these fucking people look so fucking stupid is because they're all smoking fucking crack. All the time. Twenty-four hours a day. Because if they had one sober moment -- just one -- where they weren't hitting the pipe, they'd realize the utter insanity of their actions. They'd look in a mirror and say, "Jesus, Mary and Joseph, what the hell did they do to me, and where's my lawyer?

oooh shit...LMFAO ;D

Guest Satan

i heard he grabbed some dude's butt n that's all she wrote...

that'll do it.

must have taken one of those pills that seems to make some dudes come in straight and leave gay. (you know who you are)

Guest dj_release

it has nothing to do with the weather, its all about the music and if you ask me id rather take the cold weather and awesome music rather than sunshine and the crap they play here !!!!

by the time the local djs here get it, the music would have changed allready ! we people here in miami only get to hear good music 1 time a year, so recognize !!!!

This is getting very divisive between us all. Why can't some people like Techno/Minimal and not have to be so defensive about it. It just makes you seem elitist and snobby. Get over it it's Miami and we will always showcase your precious talent, or just go to Detriot where it's nasty and cold.

hey there wait a sec... I'm sure you haven;t been to any of the Future Collective parties

so stop talking about all Miami residents being crap

Guest LeVeL

He calls himself Hateraid for a reason. I should probably ban him for shits and grins.

Come on Pod dont ban the guy, its funny how people take such offense and act like they know so much about music.

People need to chill and just go out and have a drink , hang out with some whores and stop being so caught up with what some guy said 0on a message board about the music in Miami.

Guest Hateraid

i didnt say miami residents are crap. the discusion was about marina hates when someone defends their musical preference. dont hate techno, love it maybe one day you will get it. and for you pod dont ban me just love me !

Guest pod

I'm just tired right now, and I haven't banned anyone in awhile. He's just convenient. Kind of like when you were in grade school and you wailed on the little fat kid just because...

Guest Hateraid

i love you pod dont ban me ! PODINATOR !

I'm just tired right now, and I haven't banned anyone in awhile. He's just convenient. Kind of like when you were in grade school and you wailed on the little fat kid just because...

Guest rhythmburn

it was a good party, but after the incident the party never quite fully recovered.... :(

Guest Marina22

it has nothing to do with the weather, its all about the music and if you ask me id rather take the cold weather and awesome music rather than sunshine and the crap they play here !!!!

by the time the local djs here get it, the music would have changed allready ! we people here in miami only get to hear good music 1 time a year, so recognize !!!!

This is getting very divisive between us all. Why can't some people like Techno/Minimal and not have to be so defensive about it. It just makes you seem elitist and snobby. Get over it it's Miami and we will always showcase your precious talent, or just go to Detriot where it's nasty and cold.

hey there wait a sec... I'm sure you haven;t been to any of the Future Collective parties

Just cause I haven't made it to your party doesn't mean I won't. As far as my quote about "precious talent" I mean all the out-of-town DJs that only make it here "once a year". In addition, where have I ever dogged any Miami resident DJs? On the contrary, I try to support and attend whenever I'm not checking out the foreign ones. Dude, I'm a fucking local!

Guest Marina22

Just cause I haven't made it to your party doesn't mean I won't. As far as my quote about "precious talent" I mean all the out-of-town DJs that only make it here "once a year". In addition, where have I ever dogged any Miami resident DJs? On the contrary, I try to support and attend whenever I'm not checking out the foreign ones. Dude, I'm a fucking local!

ooops! I'm so used to fighting today that I did not realize you were talking to Hater guy whateva. ::)

Guest Marina22

i didnt say miami residents are crap. the discusion was about marina hates when someone defends their musical preference. dont hate techno, love it maybe one day you will get it. and for you pod dont ban me just love me !

I'm just a bitch with a bone today... You haterguy, do not put words in my fucking mouth since I never said that I "hate when someone defends their musical preference". For the record and for you retard I do love techno and I do get it, got it, good :-* :-* :-* :-*

Guest bootstah

I was at the AM party, yes Richie was way fucked up and drank a lot of patron but who doesn't. I watched the fight unfold in the dj booth. Some random came back to the booth, Adam was playing, and this guy had a couple of words with Richie, yes Richie is outta hand when he's fucked up but who isn't. A couple mins later both were swinging at one another and Richie was headlocked and carried out. With the crowd booing and Adam stopping the set they let Richie in a few mins later. This killed the vibe of the party and slowly people were drifting out. Richie came back to the party and dropped a sick track.

Another incident at Nocturnal on Wednesday for the DC10 party, fight broke out, Loco Dice was pushed out of the booth and security would not let him back in, and this after he had already been playing a 3 hour set. Loco Dice was more than upset at this point, frustrated with the incident on Saturday, he and Luciano decided to call it quits on Nocturnal all together. Then told me he would never come back to Miami again....

Not good news for Techno/Minimal fans cause those guys are the real thing..... :'(

hopefully he changes his mind.

Guest dj_release

I was at the AM party, yes Richie was way fucked up and drank a lot of patron but who doesn't. I watched the fight unfold in the dj booth. Some random came back to the booth, Adam was playing, and this guy had a couple of words with Richie, yes Richie is outta hand when he's fucked up but who isn't. A couple mins later both were swinging at one another and Richie was headlocked and carried out. With the crowd booing and Adam stopping the set they let Richie in a few mins later. This killed the vibe of the party and slowly people were drifting out. Richie came back to the party and dropped a sick track.

Another incident at Nocturnal on Wednesday for the DC10 party, fight broke out, Loco Dice was pushed out of the booth and security would not let him back in, and this after he had already been playing a 3 hour set. Loco Dice was more than upset at this point, frustrated with the incident on Saturday, he and Luciano decided to call it quits on Nocturnal all together. Then told me he would never come back to Miami again....

Not good news for Techno/Minimal fans cause those guys are the real thing..... :'(

hopefully he changes his mind.

hey who can blame the security people they were just being typical Miami thugs right! representing!!

Guest missgroovethang

props to Melinda and Rolly for the Wednesday AM party...had a great time!!!

It's just Beer!!!

DSC00417.jpg

DSC00414.jpg

DJ Retina THM

DSC00413.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00404.jpg

The Fabulous Simon from Gainsville Rocks!!!

DSC00401.jpg

My Favorite DJ, We're from the same Planet!!! DJ Three-Hallucination Limited

DSC00393.jpg

Chris and Sami....Luv Ya

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

;D ;D

Guest ramon

Andrew Grant is a wicked dj hope to see him round these parts again before he jets off to Ibiza for the Summer.