• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

name the top ten jocks on the planet.

I'll try..

sander---never liked him ... still dont

roger--- very good

DD---dont like em

tiesto----hes ok

ferry--very good dj and great crowd interaction but he needs to stop playin the same goddamn tracks

arman- u mean armin----very good but lately his sets bore me.

Morillo---- pretty decent .. havent heard enough lately to form an opinion

pvd--- no comment

ok, that's all I can name for now, but these are basically the only djs you'll see in miami forever. Unless other jocks lower their prices and the clubs aka Space, (only club left that plays house) doubles up on talent on a given night..

sorry folks, you will get to see .001% of the djs you want to see, the clubs are going out of business...

Guest ramon

ill go with my dj's for wmc 2007 as dan calls it.

luciano

villalobos (better chances of me winning tommorow's lotto im sure)

marc houle (again!)

adam beyer

joris voorn

charles siegling

jeff mills

matt tolfrey (my label boss and wicked dj .. one to watch for sure!)

jigga

james holden

nathan fake (live!)

petter (again!)

ame (still have yet to see him/them)

sven vath

richie hawtin

dan bell

not exactly an ultimate wishlist but people im currently feeling musically.

Guest LeVeL

Not another one of these threads.... ::)

Wishing for Djs that wont play Miami outside of conference is getting old.

I really hope a new Local Dj emerges with some type of recognition besides being named Oscar G or Murk.

Guest Miss_Digital

I really hope a new Local Dj emerges with some type of recognition besides being named Oscar G or Murk.

if you lose hope you lose it all :-[

Guest Fez

Martin Garcia(Space or Nocturnal) i loved it a Shine....but that's not the club for his music. he needs to play a Patio!

Rayzil Project (email me for bookings) www.rayzil.com

Eric Prydz & Axwell

many many more i can't think of right now...

Guest ramon

there are quite a few you just gotta keep your ear to the ground.

name the top ten jocks on the planet.

I'll try..

sander

roger

DD

tiesto

ferry

arman

Morillo

pvd

ok, that's all I can name for now, but these are basically the only djs you'll see in miami forever. Unless other jocks lower their prices and the clubs aka Space, (only club left that plays house) doubles up on talent on a given night..

sorry folks, you will get to see .001% of the djs you want to see, the clubs are going out of business...

only club left that plays house?? perhaps. perhaps not... no one has a crystal ball that can forsee the future... nevertheless blue will still be there with the deep/soulful house and aquabooty will be around.... whether at Glass.... a warehouse what have u...

la musica..... will continue to thrive

;D

Guest Miss_Digital

there are quite a few you just gotta keep your ear to the ground.

most are undiscovered

i believe theyre out there

1-26138.jpg

Guest pod

Not gonna happen for awhile. It's gonna be a slow summer kids. A-game clubs are only gonna go with sure things. You've got a lot of overhead. Do you book top-ten DJ Joe Blow, pay him or her the going rate, make that money back and then some? Or do you book an unknown and cross your fingers?

Some would say "Oh, Club XYZ can afford it, they make $5 million a year..."

Maybe they need that $5 million? Do you know the ins and outs of Club XYZ? There's bills to pay, maybe a franchise to finance, etc...

This thread crops up every few months and the results are the same. You're not gonna see a lot of these guys outside of smaller places with low overhead. Even then said small venue might be running on a wing and a prayer, and won't want to risk it, lest they don't make payroll this week.

It's a tricky business, and said DJs can be booked, but you have to have your shit together. Timing, promotions, and so forth.

Sometimes that isn't even enough.

In the end it's a business.

Guest ramon

Hey Ramon how come villalobos doesn't even make it for conference?

he refuses to come to the USA due to our current administration.

Guest ramon

Not gonna happen for awhile. It's gonna be a slow summer kids. A-game clubs are only gonna go with sure things. You've got a lot of overhead. Do you book top-ten DJ Joe Blow, pay him or her the going rate, make that money back and then some? Or do you book an unknown and cross your fingers?

Maybe they need that $5 million? Do you know the ins and outs of Club XYZ? There's bills to pay, maybe a franchise to finance, etc...

This thread crops up every few months and the results are the same. You're not gonna see a lot of these guys outside of smaller places with low overhead. Even then said small venue might be running on a wing and a prayer, and won't want to risk it, lest they don't make payroll this week.

It's a tricky business, and said DJs can be booked, but you have to have your shit together. Timing, promotions, and so forth.

aka if you want to hear these dj's book them yourselves or wait for wmc 2007.

Guest pod

Giving up a potential market share over politics? Man I wish I had that luxury. I mean we all have our breaking point with that (I wouldn't sell nanotechnology to the Chinese, Saudis, anyone in Southeast Asia, Cuba, Iraq, Iran, India, Jordan, Syria, Russia, Venezuela, etc...), but to ignore a market just because it has a chimp as a leader? Damn. I wanna see Mr. V driving an Aston-Martin and getting head from clones of Adriana Lima in the DJ booth.

I hope he screens out half the world then, too. Most people in charge of countries these days are just thugs with armies.

Guest Miss_Digital

aka if you want to hear these dj's book them yourselves or wait for wmc 2007.

if i had the loot i'd bookem' myself trust me

Guest pod

Ramon hit the nail on the head pretty much. While I was on a rant he typed the post to close the thread.

Sad but true. I'd love to check some of these guys out, but I don't have the cash or the influence to lean on those with cash to book them.

Not for nothing Ramon, but you've actually snagged some of the people you wanna see and for that I give you credit.

Guest ramon

Giving up a potential market share over politics? Man I wish I had that luxury. I mean we all have our breaking point with that (I wouldn't sell nanotechnology to the Chinese, Saudis, anyone in Southeast Asia, Cuba, Iraq, Iran, India, Jordan, Syria, Russia, Venezuela, etc...), but to ignore a market just because it has a chimp as a leader? Damn. I wanna see Mr. V driving an Aston-Martin and getting head from clones of Adriana Lima in the DJ booth.

I hope he screens out half the world then, too. Most people in charge of countries these days are just thugs with armies.

what market? he's gonna come to the usa and play for how many people? i hate to say it but techno as genre in this country isn't huge why come play here when he can play in europe or south america for thousands of people. he's been here once with rich in detroit that was it .. i don't think we'll see it again anytime soon .. i hope im wrong however.

other than wmc/demf/mutek i can't see him really showing up in the states.