Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lets talk about Bling...

V. Barbarino

Guest swirlundergrounder

Most EDM fans start of as Trance fans. After a while you are exposed to the all the different sounds EDM has to offer and you move on. Plus I dont care what anyone says, Trance sounds better when you are on drugs. Once you grow up(hopefully) and move past the drugs you move on from trance to some other sound. (I KNOW THATS NOW THE CASE WITH EVERYONE).

I agree. Trance is the more commercial sound of EDM. You hear it mainly at first on TV shows, the radio and video games. I used to be a big trance head when I started out....

Guest Satz

my wife's a big Tiesto fan. She heard him at Space for WMC last year and said it was one of the best sets she ever heard by any dj.

I on the other hand have gone to hear him four times and was disappointed by each.

On another note, his new In Search of Sunrise cd is all vocal progressive house. It's not that bad. 6 of the 12 songs on cd1 are prety good.

Guest Philip

I started with trance as well. Never drank or dropped a pill for years and years listening to stuff. I guess it started with Global Underground for me(prog not drugs). I didn't even like the concept that much but something kept pulling me in that direction. I started buying prog trance records then. Then it was a couple prog records here and there.

I remember the distinct moment I made the switch. Standing in front of my 1200's realizing that i wanted more than just the whirring, resonant sound of a trance synth line. But I don't forget where I started. In fact I bought The Great Wall last year and would recommend it to anyone interested in electronic music. Got really sick of it after a week and realized why I had moved on. But thats it... I moved on to something I liked better because it had a deeper meaning to me. For that same reason I wouldn't try and turn a begginer on with minimal techno either.

I try hard not to bash trance but sometimes its just to fun. Just like Pod likes to wail on little fat kids - candy ravers are such good targets too.

Most EDM fans start of as Trance fans. After a while you are exposed to the all the different sounds EDM has to offer and you move on. Plus I dont care what anyone says, Trance sounds better when you are on drugs. Once you grow up(hopefully) and move past the drugs you move on from trance to some other sound. (I KNOW THATS NOW THE CASE WITH EVERYONE).

im with this guy +1

Guest slamminshaun

I like it all and don't give a fuck what anyone says....

You can find me sweatin' balls at a PVD event and gropin' your girlfriend at a Jask event....its all in whatever state of mind I'm in that week.

You def need a night in Miami. LOL!

See you at Shine tomorrow. ;D

Guest Miss_Digital

LETS TALK BLING BABY

LETS TALK ABOUT YOU AND ME

LETS TALK ABOUT ALL THE GOOD THINGS AND THE BAD THINGS THAT MAYBE

LETS TALK ABOUT BLING

musical_note.jpg

SALT AND PEPPA'

Guest Tru1

Hey guys...

Yeah, I too prefer listening to house right now...however...

Outside of Miami, you want a line two city blocks long to get into a club...its trance.

And I don't care what you say...there is definitely some magic when you have 1500+ people in a room together grooving to the same beat.

I saw it in Orlando a couple of weeks ago with Oakenfold...it reminded me of why I got into it 6 years ago. (either that, or being in Oakie's inner circle with tour bus, back stage passes, and groupies :-)!! )