Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Erick Morillo: The Official Closing Party|Crobar|4.22.06

Guest rollyp66

Guest rollyp66

Join me and the Crobar family as we welcome back a modern day llegend to close a chapter in the books of Crobar-Miami, as we know it. Erick Morillo will be our guide through a magical journey, and I'm sure he has plenty of tricks up his sleave to make that night special. For those of you who were there this past week, you know the staff has taken it up a notch and we're ready to rock and show you all what Crobar is all about! See you by the back bar!!

For table reservations or more info: rolandp@crobar.com

erick_morillo_closinga.jpg

Guest rollyp66

Saleen's crystal ball was right!!! Spoooooky!!!

how do you figure when we're closing for renovation?? We re-open in oct

Guest ctferni

Saleen's crystal ball was right!!! Spoooooky!!!

how do you figure when we're closing for renovation?? We re-open in oct

Good to hear! I have had good times there and it would be sad to see it go.

Rolly, two things, hate to break it to you this way..

1. They are not re-opening as crobar

2. 99% of the staff will be fired including you. I've tried to tell you for a long time now, but you keep thinking I'm talking shit and so far everything I posted came true, including the mansion deal which fell apart at the very end.

THERE WILL BE NO MORE "CROBAR" EVER HERE IN MIAMI.

LP is running the show now, and it won't be Space. New owner, new staff, new direction, new club new everything... and no not XXXXX, that deal is not done..

My crystal ball is always right, wait till you see the Shine closing annoucements...

Lets use some common sense for a second.

You are going to open up a club that will compete with Mansion, do you keep your current staff who ran crobar into the ground, or do you hire new blood and cherry pick the best of the best including the Mansion staff??

Next, why would a club reopen as "crobar" if crobar failed here in Miami? What did we learn from the OG renaming Level into Mansion? Add in a new 50% partner in LP and then do you really think Crobar will be Crobar again? Does anyone really think LP is going to allow a bunch of jackasses to work at his new venture? I know Crobar POP, the lawnmower guy from Desparte Housewives and lets not forget the "rubber room" were smash success in the eyes of the crobar staff, but the opium group was laughing at you ass clowns the whole time, they know what LP knows, crobar is ran by a bunch of ass clowns who were only successful in Miami when clubbing was as simple as packing a nambla convention that is sponsored by the boy scouts.

You are a lousey softball player Rolly....

Your boys are going down, there is nothing I can do to stop it.

ps, you don't need inside info to figured out what they are going to do. Some business school and a understanding of the market would help you a long long long way, it's all common sense.

Also some advice for you industry peeps. There are only 2 people in this city that you need to be on their side. That is LP and grutman, they run this town, it's theirs, nothing happens here without them having their hands in it, trust me on this one. You want to be successful? Take a pay cut and go work for them, it's your golden ticket.

Guest Devilicious

Next, why would a club reopen as "crobar" if crobar failed here in Miami?

say what you want about Crobar's current state of affairs, but under no circumstances can you call Crobar Miami a failure.

Next, why would a club reopen as "crobar" if crobar failed here in Miami?

say what you want about Crobar's current state of affairs, but under no circumstances can you call Crobar Miami a failure.

true dat.. 5 + years. the club is a miami institution .. shame to see it go.. south beach wont seem the same without it ...

Guest Marina22

Crobar has always been the shit! :P Saw some of the best DJs there: Carl Cox, Sasha, James Zabiela, Timo Maas, Armand Van Helden, Tom Stephan, and Eric Morillo. Some of the best shows!