Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Not much more to say...

V. Barbarino

I've completly ran out of people or clubs to bash..

Some items for the future club legends to discuss, (though I may be the last of the breed of club legends who actually were "legendary"...

1. Metro will close and become condos very soon.

2. Noc will close and be sold off soon, they will probably get 5 mill for the joint, the new owners will have it shut down within the year they purchase it.. See number 9

3. Mansion sundays will be kyboshed soon..

4. State will probably never open, it makes very little sense to open it when the building known as the Cameo reopens as a mansion competitor.. economys of scale.. Mansion actually tried to bail on the place once crobar went for sale, but they were forced to keep it or loose 300k.

5. The cameo may or may not be pacha, the secret is out, no use in covering it up.. Deal not done, deal unlikey because of NYC. I don't think the deal makes sense and I really do believe it's miss information put out by LP. Why open a pacha when you own crobar? That's like Bill Gates only using Macs at home.. LP will brand the new club a completely new name and then branch off to the cities where they have Crobars at.. This makes sense on a business level. (Though my outer space (space), inner space (Cameo) idea is cool)

6. Pacha NYC will either be shut down by the cops or it will close by summer 07 or be under new ownership.

7. Crobar LA will be rock music, no edm

8. LP and the crobar peeps can't coexsist, they will be in court in less than 1 year.. (LP wins the case, surprise surprise)

9. Condos open this jan donwtown, the end of space as you know it.

10. Space closes at the max next summer, June 07. Theories? Ok;

A. Closes just after the Superbowl, but that is Feb, so might as well keep her open for wmc, then bail!

B. Sold off? Well, doubtful LP cant find a buyer willing to pay what he is asking.

C. Closed at the end of this summer and opened for super bowl and wmc. Unlikely, but plausable.

One way or another LP wants out. How do I know? If you think i'm the club legend, that guy wrote the manual. He knows it's time to close her up and whore out his DJs to his crobars.. Though I do think LP is going to do the old pump and dump when it comes to crobars.. I don't see value in that chain long term since EDM is never comming back, key word NEVER! Remember all the Playboy clubs? No you don't since they ARE ALL CLOSED! Ask your parents..

11. EDM looses it's ground in miami esp on the beach to hip hop and thug culture. The city goes to 2am closing in a few years, then it's really over.

12. Ft Lauderdale, keep doing well enough to sustain it's self. Voodoo closes in 2 years. HR gets old and the scene decentralizes.

13. Grutman gets arrested for an Enron money scheme..

14. Local djs, (don't want to use their names) will be looking for work else where. They will leave Miami for dj work only to find out, outside the us they are not welcomed.

15. OG plays 80% of his gigs outside the US over the next 2 years, then a huge drop off in bookings..

16. GG gets bought out... wink wink

17. WMC has to change, I'm not exactly sure how or when or who.. But it will change, cities, dates, etc..

18. Djs lower their prices and you'll see washed up big time jocks spining at parties like AB for a 50 and a bucket of coronas..

19. Twilo Miami hangs on, but doesn't profit..

20. SF miami never opens..

21. bar business picks up..

22. promoters all wake up and wonder why they didn't go to college..

23. CJ gets out of the edm scene and becomes a "miami" board.. anything goes Miami.. they add in hotels and resturants and focus on big events.

24. LP gets soft, he already has... The gekko is dead!!!

25. Nikki beach has to close.. Not sure how it will, since it's leased from the city, but it will close at some point.

We'll always have the old blue room..

The saleen.

PS. The old liquid owner still owes me! That bastard!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HouseJunkie

As long as there are hot women and horny guys in Miami there will always be a 'scene' and an opportunity to make a buck.

The saleen.

PS. The old liquid owner still owes me! That bastard!

LMFAOOOOOOOOO

That is STILL in my top 3 "ALL TIME" threads on CP Miami... LMFAOOOOOOO

Nick - you have too much time on your hands... how in the world do you think this shit up.. LOL

cya soon be otch :P

Guest tres-b

Saleen-

You have outdone yourself over the last few weeks. From Crobar to Shine, the Saleen has been right.

That being said, this post tops all. I agree with you about Space and the condos. It happened in Atlanta and people are people. No one wants cracked out clubbers walking the streets every Sunday. Clubs and condos cannot coexist. Period.

As for the rest of it, we will have to stay tuned for the next episode of....

[glow=red,2,300]Saleen's Clubland Review[/glow]

Guest coach

So Hip Hop is taking over? This may be true for the time being. But, just like any pop culture sensation, it won't last forever. Name all the musical styles that have come and gone in the past 50 years, from Doo Wop to Disco to House. They garner the public's interest for a few years then fade out. If they really have some resonance with a wide section of the public, they will eventually have a resurgance and become kind of "standard", like rock or country has done.

So, mr club legend smarty pants, what is your prediction for how long Hip Hop will be around? Any thoughts on the next "big thing" to take its place?

Guest pod

Hip-Hop in various forms has been popular radio and club music for the past 20 years. What's gonna take it's place? Another variant on the style. 10 years ago it was "gangsta" that was all the rage. Now it's moved to reggaeton or whatever Kanye West does.

I don't see dance music as a "popular" music form anytime soon outside of clubland.There's the occasional crossover hit, but it's usually just a disco derivative type of track.

Guest jsk

With condo sales lagging and many projects getting scrubbed, #1 seems unlikely in the short term.

As for #25, is Nikki Beach really in jeopardy? I know business has dropped off some, and Pearl seems to have completely fallen off the radar, but that venue seems like one of the best in SoBe. Even if it started catering more to all the condo residents, hard to see how that venue could fail.

Re: Crobar, anyone have any idea what the renovations will entail -- e.g., how major they will be? Are we talking a cosmetic refresher or major interior restructuring? I love Crobar's layout and the wrap-around balconies, etc.; hope the basic design remains unchanged.

Guest djqba

Googled "Saleen", and found out that Saleen is an aftermarket tuner for Ford Mustangs. Seems appropriate, because like Saleen Mustangs, you have a big motor (your mouth), you have dated styling (your "legendary" status), and you're prone to breaking down (your psychosis). :P

Googled "Saleen", and found out that Saleen is an aftermarket tuner for Ford Mustangs. Seems appropriate, because like Saleen Mustangs, you have a big motor (your mouth), you have dated styling (your "legendary" status), and you're prone to breaking down (your psychosis). :P

lmao

Guest Marina22

Ima say it again...................... this is LACK OF PU**Y! ::)

That and lack of having as much fun as we are... What can we do to prevent any or all of this, nothing. I guees we can all go out and "support" but besides that I hope Saleen is more worng than right. By the way, for the most part Fort Lauderdale sucks (besides the Edge, Karma lounge and some of Voodoo's nights) it does not hold a candle to the Miami scene. "The revolution will not be televised..."

Guest LeVeL

So, mr club legend smarty pants, what is your prediction for how long Hip Hop will be around?

Hip Hop will never go away its become Popular Music and its radio station friendly.Theres too much money to be made on that genre alone.

EDM will eventually survive but I dont see it getting as big as it already is in the United States. So sad but true, so many great moments lived through this genre but as we get older it will be remembered just like Disco once was.

Guest LeVeL

14. Local djs, (don't want to use their names) will be looking for work else where. They will leave Miami for dj work only to find out, outside the us they are not welcomed.

So True....

Guest trancelator

EDM will eventually survive but I dont see it getting as big as it already is in the United States.

Like soccer in the U.S...not as popular as it is everywhere else.

Guest coach

So' date=' mr club legend smarty pants, what is your prediction for how long Hip Hop will be around?

[/quote']

Hip Hop will never go away its become Popular Music and its radio station friendly.Theres too much money to be made on that genre alone.

Why do you even say this? So many "radio station friendly" music styles and styles on which there was "too much money to be made" have gone away?