Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NBA Playoffs

Guest trancelator

Guest trancelator

Well, it's the eve of the playoffs. Let's hear some predictions on the first round and Finals winner. We can getting into predicting and debating the other rounds as they happen.

I'll start off.

First round winners: Pistons, Cavs, Nets, Heat, Spurs, Mavs, Clippers, Suns

Finals: Pistons over Spurs in 6 (I'd like to see the Mavs over the Spurs but who can bet against SA in the West)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ctferni

I might take some Heat(no pun intended) for this but I honestly think the Heat will win it all this year. They have the individual talent and with their backs against the wall in the playoffs they will finally gel as a team and bring miami a championship.

Walker needs to start over Posey. Walker plays better when he gets more minutes.

My 2 Cents

FERN

Guest Spankmeister

I might take some Heat(no pun intended) for this but I honestly think the Heat will win it all this year. They have the individual talent and with their backs against the wall in the playoffs they will finally gel as a team and bring miami a championship.

Walker needs to start over Posey. Walker plays better when he gets more minutes.

My 2 Cents

FERN

The Heat will not win it all this year...they play more as individuals than a team....once Wade matures more and can carry a team like Kobe or LaBron, then the Heat may win...ala LA Lakers in the late 80's with Magic and Kareem...

Shaq is still a dominant player, but rarely does he take a game over like Wade can...

Pistons have a great shot to win it all this year....

SA, it will be a tough road with Dallas and the Kings, but they will prevail...albiet beaten up and not much competition for the Pistons...LOL

Detroit...where the economy sucks, the city sucks and people are leaving in droves...but for the first time in sports history, two teams from the same city finished with the best records in different sports (Red Wings and Pistons)...LOL

Guest JMT

the heat are solid this year, but unfortunately they will lose to the pistons, again. they just cant figure out a way to beat those thugs. (i would love to be proven wrong.)

i wont waste my time with the west since the east will take the title regardless, ill just say i see the spurs making it to the finals, and losing to the pistons.

my family is from detroit, but the pistons are the only franchise from there i simply cannot bring myself to root for since the days of isaiah and laimbeer. :P

go heat!

Guest LeVeL

The Heat will not win it all this year...they play more as individuals than a team....once Wade matures more and can carry a team like Kobe or LaBron, then the Heat may win...ala LA Lakers in the late 80's with Magic and Kareem...

Are you kidding me, what Heat team have you been watching this year.

Wade has carried the Heat on his back this year, no other player besides Kobe and Clutch Billups would you want to shoot the ball in the last minutes.

Wade is way more maturer that Lebron, Lebron has just started becoming clutch. Wade has been clutch all of his career. Dont underestimate this kid, he thrives in the Playoffs, no other player last year in the Playoffs was better than Wade he eelevated his game last year and will do the same again in these Playoffs.

Just remember this...we were up 3 to 2 to the Pistons last year in the Eastern Conference Playoffs before Wade injured his ribs. If Wade would of played Game 6 we would of won the series.

Guest LeVeL

Well, it's the eve of the playoffs. Let's hear some predictions on the first round and Finals winner. We can getting into predicting and debating the other rounds as they happen.

I'll start off.

First round winners: Pistons, Cavs, Nets, Heat, Spurs, Mavs, Clippers, Suns

Finals: Pistons over Spurs in 6 (I'd like to see the Mavs over the Spurs but who can bet against SA in the West)

I am shocked that you didn't choose the Lakers over the Suns, the Lakers have a tremendous chance to win the series.

Also I disagree with you, Tim Duncan is banged up and everyone knows that he's the Motor that drives the Spurs. I predict that the Mavs and and undisclosed team in the East will meet in the Finals...hint,hint the Heat.

I am not going to say who wins the Finals too early to say.

I truly believe the New Jersey Nets will get upset by the Pacers. In the west the Lakers will give the Suns all what they can Handle but I truly believe the Clippers will beat the Nuggets.

Guest trancelator

I am shocked that you didn't choose the Lakers over the Suns' date=' the Lakers have a tremendous chance to win the series.

[/quote']

I knew someone would say something about that. The Suns have owned the Lakers over the past two seasons (Lakers are 1-7). Thus, my prediction.

I'm in a wait and see mode. If the Lakers can beat the Suns then they'll be in the Western Finals. Kobe always is clutch against the Nuggets and the Lakers are the Clippers' daddy. Still, first things first...

Guest Spankmeister

my family is from detroit, but the pistons are the only franchise from there i simply cannot bring myself to root for since the days of isaiah and laimbeer. :P

Ahhhh...the glory days of the Bad Boys!.... ;D

Guest tres-b

Let me start by saying I am a Heat fan.

Unfortunately, I dont see anyone but the Pistons coming out of the East. The Heat were essentially a Dwayne Wade injury away from the Finals. Why did they completely gut the team(minus Shaq, Wade and Haslem)?

Jason Williams is a liability at point guard and he cant shoot for shit. AW can be an all star or a waste of space. Lets hope he steps it up for the playoffs. The Glove is further past his prime than Dr. J.

The great thing about the NBA is that the best team almost always wins a 7 game series. With that in mind---

Eastern Conf. Finals-Heat/Pistons

Western Conf. Finals-Suns/Spurs

Finals-Pistons/Spurs with the Spurs winning in 6

Guest klubveteran

all about the Heat.

Heat 111

Bulls 106

can we please stay injury free for one damn post season?

Zo needs to come back. and every time Wade falls hard

shaq played good. an easy 27 points.

I still think last years team was better. lets see if we get some breaks here and there and get intense.

Guest lyrik

The Heat will not win it all this year...they play more as individuals than a team....once Wade matures more and can carry a team like Kobe or LaBron' date=' then the Heat may win...ala LA Lakers in the late 80's with Magic and Kareem...

[/quote']

Wade is way more maturer that Lebron, Lebron has just started becoming clutch. Wade has been clutch all of his career. Dont underestimate this kid, he thrives in the Playoffs, no other player last year in the Playoffs was better than Wade he eelevated his game last year and will do the same again in these Playoffs.

I like Wade...a lot...but in all honesty I can't see this kid doing what Lebron will do in his career...we will be talking about Lebron like we talk about magic, bird...jordan. The thing that Lebron does that is putting him on different level at a younger age is he knows how to make the players around him better...all the great ones did and do it...Wade has yet to convince of this and how can you deny the 1st showing of a 21 year old kid in the playoffs scoring a triple double. The only part of his game that needs developement is his defense.

The heat barely survived the Bulls in game 1...and I am not convinced that they will even win the 1st round series. Bulls are my upset team...not just because I am from Chicago...but because they have more fight and team chemistry with a lack of star players aside from Gordon as compared to the Heat. I think the Bulls take game 2 tonight...they will clamp down on field goal pert. defense as they have all year.

I like Wade...a lot...but in all honesty I can't see this kid doing what Lebron will do in his career...we will be talking about Lebron like we talk about magic, bird...jordan. The thing that Lebron does that is putting him on different level at a younger age is he knows how to make the players around him better...all the great ones did and do it...Wade has yet to convince of this and how can you deny the 1st showing of a 21 year old kid in the playoffs scoring a triple double. The only part of his game that needs developement is his

You're gonna tell me Wade doesn't make the players around him better??? If Wade has yet to convince you....I suggest you watch some more Heat basketball. Lebron is on his way, but to think Wade is not right there with him....if not even better than Lebron at this point...is ludicrous. Also putting Lebron alongside Magic, MJ, and Bird is a bit of a reach at this point....he's gonna have to prove himself in the Playoffs...and 1 triple double is not gonna cut it. The second season is where it counts...all these Lebron lovers better hope he wins this series.

Guest ctferni

It was no secret that the Bulls weren't going to a be a push over. I dont see the bulls playing much better than they did in game one. They played a great game and we played a mediocre game and we still beat them. They have no answer for Shaq. We take this series easily in 5 or possibly sweep.

Guest tres-b

D Wade and Lebron are completely different players. Both are stars. Both make their teamates better. I would build a franchise around either player.

Guest LeVeL

I like Wade...a lot...but in all honesty I can't see this kid doing what Lebron will do in his career...we will be talking about Lebron like we talk about magic, bird...jordan. The thing that Lebron does that is putting him on different level at a younger age is he knows how to make the players around him better...all the great ones did and do it...Wade has yet to convince of this and how can you deny the 1st showing of a 21 year old kid in the playoffs scoring a triple double. The only part of his game that needs developement is his defense.

The heat barely survived the Bulls in game 1...and I am not convinced that they will even win the 1st round series. Bulls are my upset team...not just because I am from Chicago...but because they have more fight and team chemistry with a lack of star players aside from Gordon as compared to the Heat. I think the Bulls take game 2 tonight...they will clamp down on field goal pert. defense as they have all year.

Your crazy at this moment Wade has done way more things than Lebron, Wade has played in the playoffs all of the seasons in his NBA career. Wade doesn't need to be 90% of the offense in his team, thats why we have Shaq for, thats why we have a pure Point Guard in Jason Williams. Lebron has to do all these things in Cleveland because if he doesn't do it no one will, which is why you see him having to be the Passer, Rebounder and scorer.

Lebron has done good so far with the little roll players he has, but with that Team, he wont make it past the second round of the playoffs. Which is why Jordan never got a championship without Pippen.

Wade at this moment in his career doesn't need to do all those things but the guy sure can do the same. Wade is a scorer but he rather pass and involve the other key players in his team. Probably once Shaq is gone, u will see Wade be more like Kobe and Lebron but at this moment there is no need to compare sincethere is no comparison. Wade's been cluth ever since he was in Marquette and he will continue too, he loves being under pressure.

The Bulls are a hungry team they remind me a lot of the Pistons on how they have a lot of roll players but no invidual star or prolific scorer. On any given night any of their guys can score a lot of points. But the Bulls are no comparison to the Heat, they will evetually lose and all your hopes of winning a series will be just a memory of the once dominant Bulls of the 90's.

No Jordan no championship, sorry to tell it to you like this but your better off rooting for another underdog to win besides the Bulls.

Guest lyrik

I like Wade...a lot...but in all honesty I can't see this kid doing what Lebron will do in his career...we will be talking about Lebron like we talk about magic' date=' bird...jordan. The thing that Lebron does that is putting him on different level at a younger age is he knows how to make the players around him better...all the great ones did and do it...Wade has yet to convince of this and how can you deny the 1st showing of a 21 year old kid in the playoffs scoring a triple double. The only part of his game that needs developement is his defense.

[/quote']

Your crazy at this moment Wade has done way more things than Lebron, Wade has played in the playoffs all of the seasons in his NBA career. Wade doesn't need to be 90% of the offense in his team, thats why we have Shaq for, thats why we have a pure Point Guard in Jason Williams. Lebron has to do all these things in Cleveland because if he doesn't do it no one will, which is why you see him having to be the Passer, Rebounder and scorer.

Lebron has done good so far with the little roll players he has, but with that Team, he wont make it past the second round of the playoffs. Which is why Jordan never got a championship without Pippen.

Wade at this moment in his career doesn't need to do all those things but the guy sure can do the same. Wade is a scorer but he rather pass and involve the other key players in his team. Probably once Shaq is gone, u will see Wade be more like Kobe and Lebron but at this moment there is no need to compare sincethere is no comparison. Wade's been cluth ever since he was in Marquette and he will continue too, he loves being under pressure.

The Bulls are a hungry team they remind me a lot of the Pistons on how they have a lot of roll players but no invidual star or prolific scorer. On any given night any of their guys can score a lot of points. But the Bulls are no comparison to the Heat, they will evetually lose and all your hopes of winning a series will be just a memory of the once dominant Bulls of the 90's.

No Jordan no championship, sorry to tell it to you like this but your better off rooting for another underdog to win besides the Bulls.

Dont get me wrong I agree with a lot of what has been said...though...Jason Williams has to be one of the most over-rated point guards in the league...I'd rather have the glove running the point than him on regular basis...I wouldn't say Wade has way more things than Lebron...look at the stats accomplishements etc on both...again they are BOTH great players....Lebron is putting up numers this season that hasn't been done since Michael...I believe only 3 others in league history have done what he done this season (less shot attempts then Kobe - still scoring as much...as many assists as Wade... more rebounds etc)...whats the difference...HE SHOULD BE A JUNIOR IN COLLEGE. No doubting Wade is clutch and will be one of the greats...as in Garnet, Arenas those type players...but every once in a great while there comes a player just that little bit better...i.e. Magic, Jordan...Bird...Kareem etc...its just my opinion and only time will tell, but I think James will be one of those....doesn't mean Wade isn't great...hell Pippen is listed as one of the 50 greatest...but he's no Jordan...see my point. To make an agruement that Jordan would have never won without pippen though seems way off the wall to me...and can never be proven...to me I think Michael would have found a way...I've never seen any one player have more determination or heart for the sport of basketball...maybe thats bias...who knows. Do I think the Bulls will win the Championship this year...hell no...I do think they have the best chance at an upset against the Heat out of any team in the playoffs...sorry I just hate what the Heat did to their team this year.

Guest LeVeL

Dont get me wrong I agree with a lot of what has been said...though...Jason Williams has to be one of the most over-rated point guards in the league...I'd rather have the glove running the point than him on regular basis...I wouldn't say Wade has way more things than Lebron...look at the stats accomplishements etc on both...again they are BOTH great players....Lebron is putting up numers this season that hasn't been done since Michael...I believe only 3 others in league history have done what he done this season (less shot attempts then Kobe - still scoring as much...as many assists as Wade... more rebounds etc)...whats the difference...HE SHOULD BE A JUNIOR IN COLLEGE. No doubting Wade is clutch and will be one of the greats...as in Garnet, Arenas those type players...but every once in a great while there comes a player just that little bit better...i.e. Magic, Jordan...Bird...Kareem etc...its just my opinion and only time will tell, but I think James will be one of those....doesn't mean Wade isn't great...hell Pippen is listed as one of the 50 greatest...but he's no Jordan...see my point. To make an agruement that Jordan would have never won without pippen though seems way off the wall to me...and can never be proven...to me I think Michael would have found a way...I've never seen any one player have more determination or heart for the sport of basketball...maybe thats bias...who knows. Do I think the Bulls will win the Championship this year...hell no...I do think they have the best chance at an upset against the Heat out of any team in the playoffs...sorry I just hate what the Heat did to their team this year.

Acourse Labron is going to put up the numbers that he did, the guy is a 1 man team surrounded by roll players which at times dont play a roll at all.

Comparing Wade to Garnett and Arenas is an insult, Wade is a winner. You have made a weak argument and to cut your comeback short I will just say that you are not a Heat fan and probably will never see the "Big Picture in Dwayne Wade's Game". Your just a tired Chicago fan, and for you to say that Jordan would of won a Championship without Pippen a shutdown defender and scorer, one of the 50 Best Players in the NBA at the time is just hilarious, stick to Djing your view on basketball is inaccurate.

Guest lyrik

Dont get me wrong I agree with a lot of what has been said...though...Jason Williams has to be one of the most over-rated point guards in the league...I'd rather have the glove running the point than him on regular basis...I wouldn't say Wade has way more things than Lebron...look at the stats accomplishements etc on both...again they are BOTH great players....Lebron is putting up numers this season that hasn't been done since Michael...I believe only 3 others in league history have done what he done this season (less shot attempts then Kobe - still scoring as much...as many assists as Wade... more rebounds etc)...whats the difference...HE SHOULD BE A JUNIOR IN COLLEGE. No doubting Wade is clutch and will be one of the greats...as in Garnet' date=' Arenas those type players...but every once in a great while there comes a player just that little bit better...i.e. Magic, Jordan...Bird...Kareem etc...its just my opinion and only time will tell, but I think James will be one of those....doesn't mean Wade isn't great...hell Pippen is listed as one of the 50 greatest...but he's no Jordan...see my point. To make an agruement that Jordan would have never won without pippen though seems way off the wall to me...and can never be proven...to me I think Michael would have found a way...I've never seen any one player have more determination or heart for the sport of basketball...maybe thats bias...who knows. Do I think the Bulls will win the Championship this year...hell no...I do think they have the best chance at an upset against the Heat out of any team in the playoffs...sorry I just hate what the Heat did to their team this year.

[/quote']

Acourse Labron is going to put up the numbers that he did, the guy is a 1 man team surrounded by roll players which at times dont play a roll at all.

Comparing Wade to Garnett and Arenas is an insult, Wade is a winner. You have made a weak argument and to cut your comeback short I will just say that you are not a Heat fan and probably will never see the "Big Picture in Dwayne Wade's Game". Your just a tired Chicago fan, and for you to say that Jordan would of won a Championship without Pippen a shutdown defender and scorer, one of the 50 Best Players in the NBA at the time is just hilarious, stick to Djing your view on basketball is inaccurate.

Okay buddy...under Wade the winner how many championships and conference titles have they won? An insult to compare Wade to Garnett? Garnett being one of the most complete players around and prob top 5 in the NBA. Garnett hasn't won...you're right...but has Wade? So wheres the insult in that. My view of basketball is inaccurate...you cannot make an agruement based on assumption...so I have to leave the Pippen item alone....because neither side can prove without a doubt either way. To correct you I AM A HEAT fan...though my heart will always be with Chicago...the heat have always been one of my favorite teams...its easy to get blindsided by being a fan and having bias...and please dont talk me about being a "tired" chicago fan (easy insult - lacks any depth)...Miami in general could learn a thing or two about what being true fans of sport really means...

So whats the deal then...as you say Lebron is a one man team just surrounded by roll players that which at times dont play a roll at all....so whats the Heat's Deal...Wade is surrounded by so-called star caliber players (of the past and present) as in Shaq, Williams...Payton...Zo etc but still only managed 2 more regular season wins....and split the season series if I not mistaken...by your logic they should have cleaned up around the league and at least be ahead more than a mere 2 games over Cleveland.

Fact is I do see how talented a player Wade is...but God forbid anyone puts any logical criticism of player out there...just as I said there is room for Lebron to grow...I say it with Wade...I'm realistic...not idealistic. I don't think Wade has truly taken over the leadership role...which I do 100% believe is his place on this team...once he embraces that 100%...I think Miami will win a champioship....big statement next...with or WITHOUT Shaq.

In time I think you'll see both Wade and Lebron become Champions.

Guest swirlundergrounder

The KINGS BLEW IT LAST NIGHT! They missed the coverage on 'Bones' down low and gave up that 3 pointer forcing overtime. The Kings could have stolen home court last night! They are going down. They would have had a chance to knock out S.A if they stole that game last night.

Guest LeVeL

The Lakers put a hurting on the Suns by Winning Game 2 and dam they took that Team out of its rhythm. Great defense by the Team and even better coaching.

Tonight its Game 3 for the Heat...lets do this!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

The Lakers put a hurting on the Suns by Winning Game 2 and dam they took that Team out of its rhythm. Great defense by the Team and even better coaching.

Tonight its Game 3 for the Heat...lets do this!!

Did you see Kobe 'posterize' Steve Nash with that dunk?