Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NBA Playoffs

Guest trancelator

Guest swirlundergrounder

Game 2 is not a must win but it would be huge...

no way man. game 2 is a must win for the Heat. You know how pesky those Pistons can be when they think they have a chance... I don't think the Pistons took the Cavs serious enough and their true colors didn't show until game 6 of that series.

The only reason why Detroit lost last night was becuz they were tired from their series with the Cavs and the Heat got their rest for 1 week. But when the Heat strat playing a game every other day with the intensity that the playoffs bring, you'll see Shaq getting tired and getting into more foul trouble from fatigue. Wade just bangs his body all over the place and Payton and the rest of the supporting cast (avg age of 28) just don't have the legs to go a full 7 game series with the Pistons who are a younger, deeper and more physical team...

On top of that, the Pistons outside shooting will stretch the Heat defense..

The Heat have to run with the Pistons in order to beat them. If they get into a grinding half court series then that will play into favor of the Pistons..

Game 2 must win for the Heat!! That way they can split the remaining games and take the series in 6 games..

Go Heat...G.P are you wid' me?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Spankmeister

Honestly, I am not suprised that the Pistons lost this game...

Being from Detroit, and a Detroit fan, the Cleveland series did test the meddle of a great Piston team...

A minor lapse is to be expected....

Let's see how game 2 goes...I am confident that the Pistons will bounce back, they did come back in Game 1 from a 13pt deficit at one point to bring it close at the end...Minor adjustments will be made and I know that the stronger team that plays as a team will prevail!

GO PISTONS!... ;D

Guest LeVeL

no way man. game 2 is a must win for the Heat. You know how pesky those Pistons can be when they think they have a chance... I don't think the Pistons took the Cavs serious enough and their true colors didn't show until game 6 of that series.

The only reason why Detroit lost last night was becuz they were tired from their series with the Cavs and the Heat got their rest for 1 week. But when the Heat strat playing a game every other day with the intensity that the playoffs bring' date=' you'll see Shaq getting tired and getting into more foul trouble from fatigue. Wade just bangs his body all over the place and Payton and the rest of the supporting cast (avg age of 28) just don't have the legs to go a full 7 game series with the Pistons who are a younger, deeper and more physical team...

The Heat have to run with the Pistons in order to beat them. If they get into a grinding half court series then that will play into favor of the Pistons..

Game 2 must win for the Heat!! That way they can split the remaining games and take the series in 6 games..

[/quote']

Okay first of all there are no excuses when it comes down to them losing yesterday. Dont you think the Heat are tired also from the playoffs.

The Heat Played the #3 seed in the Playoffs a team better than the Cavaliers. Its not the Heats fault that the Pistons couldn't handle the Cavaliers and they had to play a 7 game Series to win.

The Heat are more than capable of beating the Pistons there are no excuses needed.

As far as the Pistons being a younger team that a misconception. The Pistons is a veteran squad just like the Heat. Billsups was drafted in the early 90's, Rasheed, Lindsey Hunter, Ben Wallace, Mc Grady are all players that been in the league for years.

The 2 teams measure up to each other and resemble themselves a lot.

Guest drlogic

Heat superstars barely played, absurd fouls called (which I assume is the refs way of trying to keep the game close?) and it was a road game,,,,,HEAT WIN! Go Fig'r? LOL

Heat are definitely a different team in these playoffs than they were during the reg. season.

DIRTY LITTLE SECRET HEAT HATERS IGNORE:

HEAT takes out Chicago, then NJ Nets, who the HEAT haters claimed would eliminate the Heat given that NJ won 3 of 4 during the reg. season and NJ also was the hottest team to finish the reg. season. NJ was ON FIRE. Only to have the Heat have a fluke, pathetic game 1, which they followed w/ 4 straight wins (including 2 road wins @ NJ).

How many consecutive playoff wins do the HEAT have?

2006 Heat playoff record: 9 wins, 3 loses

Road Wins: 4

Home Wins: 5

Heat have won 7 of last 8 games. And the loss was a fluke, @ home(game 1 against NJ).

Detroit is a great team which has remained healthy and have played together all season long. Heat dealt w/ tons of injuries(Shaq,Posey,Williams,Zo). W/ this as a given, Detroit should have romped, but didn't. Especially @ home! Add to that the NBA refs neutering of Shaq's game and what you've got is the HEAT forced to play 5 against 8 (almost every game). Yet still, MIAMI KEEP'S WINNING!

Miami is gell'n! They definitely seem hungrier than Detroit. Detroit took a beating against the Cavs (although, that's still NO EXCUSE for professional ballers). Maybe the planets are aligning for Miami?

On another note: Detroit sure seems to bitch alot, don't they. No only are they playing like crap, they're acting like pussies and chumps! Not quite what one would expect from last years Eastern Champs.

Guest LeVeL

Heat superstars barely played, absurd fouls called (which I assume is the refs way of trying to keep the game close?) and it was a road game,,,,,HEAT WIN! Go Fig'r? LOL

Heat are definitely a different team in these playoffs than they were during the reg. season.

DIRTY LITTLE SECRET HEAT HATERS IGNORE:

HEAT takes out Chicago, then NJ Nets, who the HEAT haters claimed would eliminate the Heat given that NJ won 3 of 4 during the reg. season and NJ also was the hottest team to finish the reg. season. NJ was ON FIRE. Only to have the Heat have a fluke, pathetic game 1, which they followed w/ 4 straight wins (including 2 road wins @ NJ).

Heat have won 7 of last 8 games. And the loss was a fluke, @ home(game 1 against NJ).

Detroit is a great team which has remained healthy and have played together all season long. Heat dealt w/ tons of injuries(Shaq,Posey,Williams,Zo). W/ this as a given, Detroit should have romped, but didn't. Especially @ home! Add to that the NBA refs neutering of Shaq's game and what you've got is the HEAT forced to play 5 against 8 (almost every game). Yet still, MIAMI KEEP'S WINNING!

Miami is gell'n! They definitely seem hungrier than Detroit. Detroit took a beating against the Cavs (although, that's still NO EXCUSE for professional ballers). Maybe the planets are aligning for Miami?

On another note: Detroit sure seems to bitch alot, don't they. No only are they playing like crap, they're acting like pussies and chumps! Not quite what one would expect from last years Eastern Champs.

Great Post...

And not to mention that we should of won the Eastern Conference Finals last year had not Wade been injured.

The Pistons are very lucky..

Guest swirlundergrounder

The only reason why Detroit lost last night was becuz they were tired from their series with the Cavs and the Heat got their rest for 1 week. But when the Heat strat playing a game every other day with the intensity that the playoffs bring' date=' you'll see Shaq getting tired and getting into more foul trouble from fatigue. Wade just bangs his body all over the place and Payton and the rest of the supporting cast (avg age of 28) just don't have the legs to go a full 7 game series with the Pistons who are a younger, deeper and more physical team...

[/quote']

Okay first of all there are no excuses when it comes down to them losing yesterday. Dont you think the Heat are tired also from the playoffs.

The Heat Played the #3 seed in the Playoffs a team better than the Cavaliers. Its not the Heats fault that the Pistons couldn't handle the Cavaliers and they had to play a 7 game Series to win.

The Heat are more than capable of beating the Pistons there are no excuses needed.

As far as the Pistons being a younger team that a misconception. The Pistons is a veteran squad just like the Heat. Billsups was drafted in the early 90's, Rasheed, Lindsey Hunter, Ben Wallace, Mc Grady are all players that been in the league for years.

The 2 teams measure up to each other and resemble themselves a lot.

The Heat are tired? They had a little more than a week off before playing last nights game.

There's no way that the Pistons squad is as old as Shaq, Payton, Walker, Mourning, J. Williams and Doleac. They're like Capt Kirk and Mr Spock with an old enterprise crew trying to trek though space..

Wade is young. But the way he plays he adds an extra year to his body each season as compared to other players who play the same amount of time in the leauge.

Detroits outside shooting in a half court setting will stretch the Heat defense which isn't that fast of a defense. That's why the Heat have to run or they have to bang the ball into Shaq.

Shaq has to stay on the floor longer. The Heat got lucky last night having their big 2 only play under 30 mins each..

The key is Shaq. He's got to score at least 25+ ppg, get 8+ rebs and 7+ assists in order for the Heat to win. In addition the bench has to contribute at least 35+ ppg.. If the Heat starters and the bench get the same numbers that they did last night in each game of the series then they have a great chance. They need to score at least 90+ppg. Anything below 80 ppg and the Pistons will win that game...

Guest swirlundergrounder

Heat superstars barely played' date=' absurd fouls called (which I assume is the refs way of trying to keep the game close?) and it was a road game,,,,,HEAT WIN! Go Fig'r? LOL

[b']DIRTY LITTLE SECRET HEAT HATERS IGNORE:

Great Post...

And not to mention that we should of won the Eastern Conference Finals last year had not Wade been injured.

The Pistons are very lucky..

Hey I hope you guys are right. I hate Detroit...

But there is also more pressure on the Heat to win. Shaq said when he got here a couple of years ago that he would bring them a championship. Well this has to be the year. His window is closing fast... And Pat Riley ran Vangundy out of his job in order to try and get the Heat over the hump...

When push comes to shove the pressure is on the Heat to win more so than it is on the Pistons... This Detroit squad already has a championship banner hanging from their rafters...

Hey like I've said b4 I'm a Gary Payton fan more than I'm a Heat fan and I want to see him get his ring and ride off into the sunset....

Guest swirlundergrounder

The Glove was a MONSTA last night!

Him and Walker are the 'x-factors' for the Heat in this series...

Guest drlogic

HEAT superstars put up mediocre numbers and 20-sumthin' mintues each, yet THE HEAT DOMINATED nearly the ENTIRE game. The score was decieving. The HEAT didn't "STEAL" a win last night, they outplayed and outhustled the Pistons. It's that simple!

Imagine,,,just imagine the Heat CONTINUE this 8 game playoff run only next game, the Heat superstars strut their stuff(ie...Wade/Shaq GO OFF...you know they're due). Heat bench is showing they're ready when needed. A COMPLETE game by this new and improved playoff HEAT team is down right scary! Detroit is still riding their coatails from their excellent season, but have yet to show up during the playoffs. The Heat (as a TEAM)on the other hand, seem to be getting BETTER & BETTER. Maybe cause everyone's FINALLY healthy at the same time? Maybe it's the influence of last year and this teams veteran experience? Only time will tell.

But to dismiss the Heat after the way they've PERFORMED in these playoff, compared to how Detroit has performed is down right silly. YOU BIG DUMMY! lol

If the HEAT continue improving and take down Detroit, I can't help but share a piece of my mind w/ those who are choking on Detroit's cock and the pipe dream which WAS last years Pistons......Click your heels 3x and go FOHK u'r self.....LOL

Okay, excuse that last line. I just read that on a t-shirt and had to share it......

Here's another one:

9 out of 10 women are battered,

And I've been eating mine plain.

http://smashtreads.com/id31.htm

Guest LeVeL

The Heat are tired? They had a little more than a week off before playing last nights game.

There's no way that the Pistons squad is as old as Shaq' date=' Payton, Walker, Mourning, J. Williams and Doleac. They're like Capt Kirk and Mr Spock with an old enterprise crew trying to trek though space..

Wade is young. But the way he plays he adds an extra year to his body each season as compared to other players who play the same amount of time in the leauge.

Detroits outside shooting in a half court setting will stretch the Heat defense which isn't that fast of a defense. That's why the Heat have to run or they have to bang the ball into Shaq.

Shaq has to stay on the floor longer. The Heat got lucky last night having their big 2 only play under 30 mins each..

The key is Shaq. He's got to score at least 25+ ppg, get 8+ rebs and 7+ assists in order for the Heat to win. In addition the bench has to contribute at least 35+ ppg.. If the Heat starters and the bench get the same numbers that they did last night in each game of the series then they have a great chance. They need to score at least 90+ppg. Anything below 80 ppg and the Pistons will win that game...

[/quote']

HEAT Roster

2005-06 Roster

NUM PLAYER POS HT WT DOB FROM YRS

5 Derek Anderson G 6-5 195 07/18/1974 Kentucky 8

49 Shandon Anderson G-F 6-6 215 12/31/1973 Georgia 9

51 Michael Doleac C 6-11 262 06/15/1977 Utah 7

40 Udonis Haslem F 6-8 235 06/09/1980 Florida 2

24 Jason Kapono F 6-8 215 02/02/1981 UCLA 2

33 Alonzo Mourning C 6-10 261 02/08/1970 Georgetown 12

32 Shaquille O'Neal C 7-1 325 03/06/1972 Louisiana State 13

20 Gary Payton G 6-4 190 07/23/1968 Oregon State 15

42 James Posey F-G 6-8 217 01/13/1977 Xavier (Ohio) 6

25 Wayne Simien F 6-9 250 03/09/1983 Kansas R

3 Dwyane Wade G 6-4 212 01/17/1982 Marquette 2

8 Antoine Walker F 6-9 245 08/12/1976 Kentucky 9

55 Jason Williams G 6-1 180 11/18/1975 Florida 7

30 Earl Barron * C 7-0 245 8/14/1981 Memphis 0

30 Dorell Wright * F 6-8 205 12/2/1985 South Kent Prep HS (Lawndale, CA) 0

Pistons Roster

2005-06 Roster

NUMPLAYERPOSHTWTDOB FROMYRS

1Chauncey Billups - C

G 6-320209/25/1976 Colorado8

13Kelvin Cato

C 6-1127508/26/1974 Iowa State8

34Dale Davis

C-F 6-1125203/25/1969 Clemson14

20Carlos Delfino

G 6-623008/29/1982 Argentina1

00Tony Delk

G 6-218901/28/1974 Kentucky9

5Maurice Evans

G 6-522011/08/1978 Texas2

32Richard Hamilton

G 6-719302/14/1978 Connecticut6

10Lindsey Hunter

G 6-219512/03/1970 Jackson State12

54Jason Maxiell

F 6-726002/18/1983 CincinnatiR

24Antonio McDyess

F 6-924509/07/1974 Alabama9

22Tayshaun Prince

F 6-921502/28/1980 Kentucky3

3Ben Wallace - C

C 6-924009/10/1974 Virginia Union9

36Rasheed Wallace

F 6-1123009/17/1974 North Carolina10

Not too different...both veteran squads

Guest LeVeL

HEAT superstars put up mediocre numbers and 20-sumthin' mintues each, yet THE HEAT DOMINATED nearly the ENTIRE game. The score was decieving. The HEAT didn't "STEAL" a win last night, they outplayed and outhustled the Pistons. It's that simple!

Imagine,,,just imagine the Heat CONTINUE this 8 game playoff run only next game, the Heat superstars strut their stuff(ie...Wade/Shaq GO OFF...you know they're due). Heat bench is showing they're ready when needed. A COMPLETE game by this new and improved playoff HEAT team is down right scary! Detroit is still riding their coatails from their excellent season, but have yet to show up during the playoffs. The Heat (as a TEAM)on the other hand, seem to be getting BETTER & BETTER. Maybe cause everyone's FINALLY healthy at the same time? Maybe it's the influence of last year and this teams veteran experience? Only time will tell.

But to dismiss the Heat after the way they've PERFORMED in these playoff, compared to how Detroit has performed is down right silly. YOU BIG DUMMY! lol

If the HEAT continue improving and take down Detroit, I can't help but share a piece of my mind w/ those who are choking on Detroit's cock and the pipe dream which WAS last years Pistons......Click your heels 3x and go FOHK u'r self.....LOL

Okay, excuse that last line. I just read that on a t-shirt and had to share it......

Here's another one:

9 out of 10 women are battered,

And I've been eating mine plain.

http://smashtreads.com/id31.htm

Thank you, some one knock some sense into Terry...Bartender get this man a shot!

Guest swirlundergrounder

I'm not dismissing the Heat at all people. I'm just trying to state my case that game 2 is a must win for the Heat.. They got to give the dagger to the Pistons the next game while they are still down....

I don't trust the Heat bench to be consitant down the stretch.

Wade hits the floor hard 3 to 4 times a game. And over the course of 82 games in the regular season and the games in the playoffs that's going to take a toll in long series...

Do I need to continue about Shaq and he's fragile feet?

Guest Spankmeister

All this blithering for one game...

It is a 7 game series...we will see who is victorious... ;D

Guest drlogic

That we shall, my young padwan.

I've been talking about the Heat's PLAYOFF performance. Which if you havn't noticed, has been FAR SUPERIOR to Detroit.

Don't get me wrong, Detroit is a bad ass team. They're just not playing like the Detroit I'm used to seeing.

Personally, I'd like to see Dallas/Miami final. I'm sick of Detroit. I'm sick of the Spurs (thankfully, they're gone now). Detroit really has a bad attitude. They're extremely arrogant and usually back it up w/ excellent play. Unfortunately for Detroit, they've havn't been "backing it up" in the playoffs. They're playing like shit and they're always crying like little PUTAS on the court. If any team has the right to bitch about officiating, it's gotta be Miami, yet they don't.

I just wanna see good, tough/physical basketball game. I don't wanna see Hunter handcheck Wade, then have Wade drive and watch Hunter flop and Wade get the whistle. I don't wanna see Shaq get called for an elbow when the defender decides to defend Shaq w/ his face. Let them play! Stop blowing whistles on all the flops and force Detroit to play ball! Don't allow Detroit to "steal" victories via the refs. Don't let the refs grease the skids for Detroit! I wanna see Zo punish anyone brave enough to take it to the hole. If he fouls out, he fouls out......I wanna see Wade sink more 3's and keep Detroit honest! etc..etc..etc....

Most of all, I want to see the sour puss look on the faces of all those rapper wanna-be's in the Palace stands wearing all that "ROCAWEAR" and crooked caps(which ironically, is EXACTLY how Jerry's Kids Mongoloid retards look and wear their caps in those TV telethons).

PS...When exactly did it become "cool" to imitate the "styl-O" of retarded quadraplegics? I just don't get some of the "hip-hop" fashion? People go out of their way to look retarded? Since when? The only thing missing to complete their outfit is a little drewl and a twitch. Do these morons get dressed in the dark? Do they own a mirror? Rebeling against the "establishment" is one thing, but mimicing mongo's is taking it too far,,,IMHO....

lol (sorry for the tangent)....LOL

Detroit all the way.....

I see this going at least 6-7 games...

With Detroit winning of course ;D

what did I tell you? ::)

Sweep ;D :P

Guest drlogic

Detroit all the way.....

Sweep? I dunno? It would be nice, but not likely. We'll see how Detroit does tonight. Miami already did what it had to do, which was regain HOME COURT adv. Based on Miami's playoff performance, including game 1 vs. Detroit, Detroit has essentially failed to convince the world they're taking this series. They're basically riding soley on "name recognition".

Cavs took alot out of 'em. If Miami keeps pounding, they can continue the wear-n-tear the Cavs started.

Personally, I want Miami to win, but not a cheap win. I want Miami to out play Detroit. I don't want the refs to influence the outcome, one way or the other. LET 'EM PLAY and ENOUGH w/ the silly whistles! If the refs continue their assault on Shaq, limiting his minutes and impact, and Detroit wins, then IMHO, that's nothing to be proud of if I were a Piston fan. LET 'EM PLAY!

SUGGESTION: Maybe the refs should start handing out OSCARS rather than blowing whistles. That would seem much more appropriate given the majority of the bad calls we've seen thus far. Auditioning for an Oscar is not BASKETBALL! It's pussybitch horseshit!

Sweep? I dunno? It would be nice, but not likely. We'll see how Detroit does tonight. Miami already did what it had to do, which was regain HOME COURT adv. Based on Miami's playoff performance, including game 1 vs. Detroit, Detroit has essentially failed to convince the world they're taking this series. They're basically riding soley on "name recognition".

Cavs took alot out of 'em. If Miami keeps pounding, they can continue the wear-n-tear the Cavs started.

Personally, I want Miami to win, but not a cheap win. I want Miami to out play Detroit. I don't want the refs to influence the outcome, one way or the other. LET 'EM PLAY and ENOUGH w/ the silly whistles! If the refs continue their assault on Shaq, limiting his minutes and impact, and Detroit wins, then IMHO, that's nothing to be proud of if I were a Piston fan. LET 'EM PLAY!

SUGGESTION: Maybe the refs should start handing out OSCARS rather than blowing whistles. That would seem much more appropriate given the majority of the bad calls we've seen thus far. Auditioning for an Oscar is not BASKETBALL! It's pussybitch horseshit!

here we go..... lets blame the refs ::)

Detroit isn't relying on a name.. they are trying to find their groove... miami came into game 1 and blew it up.. it was like 15-0 before D-town even scored! Yes Miami completely out-played the Pistons.. I could go on and on and on about how Miami was well-rested blah blah blah and Detroit just finished a 7-game series against a TOUGH Cleveland Cavs team.. but i won't.. those are excuses that should fall on deaf ears.. The bottom line is, these are professionals and regardless of how many days you get between series - you still gotta come out and play ball. Detroit was FLAT.

I'm sure they won't come out like that I again.. I have complete confidence in the Pistons and their ability to play.. they need to change things up - Miami's defense was fantastic on Tuesday - and Detroit couldn't shoot the tball through a basket the size of a manhole for christs sakes.

LETS GO DETROIT! I really see this series going 6 games minimum... God i wish i was in Detroit at the Palace!

Guest swirlundergrounder

Detroit all the way.....

Sweep? I dunno? It would be nice, but not likely. We'll see how Detroit does tonight. Miami already did what it had to do, which was regain HOME COURT adv.

If there's a theme about this years playoffs, it's that home court advantage has not been much of a factor...

Guest JMT

why do the pistons bitch after EVERY call, no matter how blatant the foul? it is annoying to watch.

Guest swirlundergrounder

why do the pistons bitch after EVERY call, no matter how blatant the foul? it is annoying to watch.

Not as annoying as watching Tim Duncan's eyes blow up like a blow fish whenever he gets called on a foul..

Guest drlogic

here we go..... lets blame the refs ::)

Detroit isn't relying on a name.. they are trying to find their groove... miami came into game 1 and blew it up.. it was like 15-0 before D-town even scored! Yes Miami completely out-played the Pistons.. I could go on and on and on about how Miami was well-rested blah blah blah and Detroit just finished a 7-game series against a TOUGH Cleveland Cavs team.. but i won't.. those are excuses that should fall on deaf ears.. The bottom line is, these are professionals and regardless of how many days you get between series - you still gotta come out and play ball. Detroit was FLAT.

I'm sure they won't come out like that I again.. I have complete confidence in the Pistons and their ability to play.. they need to change things up - Miami's defense was fantastic on Tuesday - and Detroit couldn't shoot the tball through a basket the size of a manhole for christs sakes.

LETS GO DETROIT! I really see this series going 6 games minimum... God i wish i was in Detroit at the Palace!

Blame the refs? I'm simply saying what I would like to see....that being: A GOOD, TOUGH, PHYSICAL bball game void of pussybitch, flop fouls. Miami not only come out hot in Game 1, they've been playing like that for 8 GAMES now. They've definitely forced some people to scratch their heads, as have the Pistons, who've been uncharictaristically been playing like shit. I think 6 games is a fair call....

HEAT IN 6!

Home court doesn't seem to be affecting the HEAT this playoffs, thus far.

Detroit's been flat ALL PLAYOFFS. I heard one of the analyst suggest that there seems to be a problem in the Piston locker room. I think he's got a point. Something's up in that Detroit locker room?????????? What? I dunno?

Miami's def. has definitely stepped up. And not just in game 1 either. It's been steadily improving,,,FINALLY!!!!

I think the HEAT haters are conveniently IGNORING Miami's improvements in these playoffs.

Miami's gel'n and Detroits seems out of synch.

I'll say it again.....I hope the refs cut the shit and let these teams play ball! DON'T BE SKURD! lol

And yes, Detroit has been crying like little babies during these playoffs. PATHETIC! MAN UP, Detroit! Get back to playing bball and quit your bitching,,,you fohk'n cooch's!