Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NBA Playoffs

Guest trancelator

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tres-b

The Heat played terrible ball last night and were still in it during the 4th quarter. Shaq was a non-factor w/ the early fouls and never got going.

Game 6 in Miami is going to be the end of this series.

Guest swirlundergrounder

We hope so for the Heats sake becuz if this go's to game 7 in Detroit it's game ova for the Heat!

We hope so for the Heats sake becuz if this go's to game 7 in Detroit it's game ova for the Heat!

i agree if it goes to game 7 .. pistons will win it

Guest LeVeL

I can tell a lot of people on here that say they are rooting for the Heat are just Bandwagon Riders, no faith at all on the Heat.

So Detroit won Game 5, so fucking what, we are still leading the series 3 to 2. We have already won in the Palace, so whos to say we cant win there again. But before anybody mentions game 7 lets focus on Game 6 which is in the "Triple A" where we have won ever game in this series.

For Detroit to say that we have all the pressure on us is ridiculous since they are the ones on the verge of elimination. its up to us to lose all these games and give away the series to Detroit. Obviously Detroit had their backs against the wall and since they are on the verge of elimination they played better. And even then the Heat still managed to make a game out of it until the closing minutes when Pat Riley took Wade and Shaq out of the Game.

We still have the momentum....we shot ourselves too many times on the foot and everything seemed to go Detroits way, it was their night.

Guest tres-b

And even then the Heat still managed to make a game out of it until the closing minutes when Pat Riley took Wade and Shaq out of the Game.

We still have the momentum....we shot ourselves too many times on the foot and everything seemed to go Detroits way' date=' it was their night.

[/quote']

Exactly!!! It was Detroits night and the Heat were awful. But they still had a chance deep in the game...

The Heat are the better team. Period.

Guest drlogic

true,,,,,they played better bball last night....it's that simple.

Detroit still shot like shit (other than Tayshawn).

Miami couldn't buy a basket. Couldn't hit freethrows and didn't hustle as much as Detroit did last night.

Miami has been kicking ass for like 11 games now.

Miami still has HOME COURT adv.

HEAT in 6!

Guest swirlundergrounder

For Detroit to say that we have all the pressure on us is ridiculous since they are the ones on the verge of elimination.

We still have the momentum....we shot ourselves too many times on the foot and everything seemed to go Detroits way' date=' it was their night.

[/quote']Oh really? Wasn't it Shaq that prommised to bring Miami a championship? Wasn't it Pat Riley who ousted Van Gundy just so they can get to the next level?

No pressure on the Heat? Didn't Detroit eliminate the Heat last year here in Miami in game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals?

Who has been to the NBA Championships and won it? This is the closest the Heat have ever gotten to the NBA Finals.

What about the pressure on ZO and GP since and the age factor and them not winning a ring yet?

Seems to me like the monkey is on the Heats back more so than it is on Detroit!

Detroit is now 13-2 when they are facing elimination!

And the Heat lost that game last night on the free throw line of all places shooting a dismal 40% from the stripe!

40% for the FT line....Geez there no pressure on them is there??? LOL

Guest LeVeL

For Detroit to say that we have all the pressure on us is ridiculous since they are the ones on the verge of elimination.

[/quote']Oh really? Wasn't it Shaq that prommised to bring Miami a championship? Wasn't it Pat Riley who ousted Van Gundy just so they can get to the next level?

No pressure on the Heat? Didn't Detroit eliminate the Heat last year here in Miami in game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals?

Who has been to the NBA Championships and won it? This is the closest the Heat have ever gotten to the NBA Finals.

What about the pressure on ZO and GP since and the age factor and them not winning a ring yet?

And the Heat lost that game last night on the free throw line of all places shooting a dismal 40% from the stripe!

There is a difference between having it all on the line and pressure. What you dont see to understand is that we would need to lose 2 in a row to get eliminated. For the Pistons to say all the pressure is on us is ridiculous when they are in the position they are currently on.

Guest drlogic

All very good points,,but to ignore the fact that if Miami loses gm6, they've still got a shot.....If Detroit loses,,,,IT'S OVER!

There's plenty of "pressure" on both sides......

Miami's gotta prove they want it

Detroits gotta prove they've still got it.

Thus far, Miami has PROVEN (in these playoffs) that they're the better team.

Time will tell....

HEAT IN 6

Guest swirlundergrounder

Terry is a closet Pistons Fan... ;)

LOL..I hate the Pistons.. I'm really rooting for the Heat. I just don't want to be dissapointed if they lose the series so I'm just trying to play devils advocate..

:P

So you either way the series go's I can always say to Heat fans, see I told you so and tell the same thing to Pistons fans... :P

Guest lyrik

I hate hate hate the Pistons...really...truly...deeply hate them...as much as a sports fan could hate a team...I cannot stand them...granted they played their best basketball of the series last night...maybe the playoffs and sure they won by a good margin but then again the Heat were aweful and still kept themselves in it for 3 1/2 quarters...I don't know why they had Wade pushing the ball late in the 3rd and 4th...Gary can create for him and seems to push the ball up the court a lot quicker.

The arrogance showed its ugly head again as soon as they win a game they have to open their traps up...yes there is pressure on the Heat..real genius statements ther by the piston boys...but I dont think its anymore than on the Pistons...who will now face back to back elimination games for the 1st time in the playoffs this year...its little bit of a higher step to overcome when its two elim. games in a row (potentially 3 if the heat blow it in game 6)....I hope they blow them out so sheed and all the other whiners can cry like babies...I mean Christ...after every fuckin foul they made on the Heat they had to question the call and put those stupid "it wuznt me" faces on...Lindsey "reach in foul" Hunter is right up there...I think this guy gets away with more reach in fouls than anyone else I have seen play in the league this year.

My opinion Shaq gets pissed by the headlines regarding Big Ben's play in game 5 and his own weak effort and dominates the paint...let Gary run the point...bring Jason Williams off the bench...get the ball to Wade on the swing and screen and for fuck sakes Walker stop traveling and drive more! This will open the lane for Wade as well if they can work the give and go with the big man. HIT THOSE DAMN 3's and grab some Off. boards....Miami wins in 6.

Guest LeVeL

I hate hate hate the Pistons...really...truly...deeply hate them...as much as a sports fan could hate a team...I cannot stand them...granted they played their best basketball of the series last night...maybe the playoffs and sure they won by a good margin but then again the Heat were aweful and still kept themselves in it for 3 1/2 quarters...I don't know why they had Wade pushing the ball late in the 3rd and 4th...Gary can create for him and seems to push the ball up the court a lot quicker.

The arrogance showed its ugly head again as soon as they win a game they have to open their traps up...yes there is pressure on the Heat..real genius statements ther by the piston boys...but I dont think its anymore than on the Pistons...who will now face back to back elimination games for the 1st time in the playoffs this year...its little bit of a higher step to overcome when its two elim. games in a row (potentially 3 if the heat blow it in game 6)....I hope they blow them out so sheed and all the other whiners can cry like babies...I mean Christ...after every fuckin foul they made on the Heat they had to question the call and put those stupid "it wuznt me" faces on...Lindsey "reach in foul" Hunter is right up there...I think this guy gets away with more reach in fouls than anyone else I have seen play in the league this year.

My opinion Shaq gets pissed by the headlines regarding Big Ben's play in game 5 and his own weak effort and dominates the paint...let Gary run the point...bring Jason Williams off the bench...get the ball to Wade on the swing and screen and for fuck sakes Walker stop traveling and drive more! This will open the lane for Wade as well if they can work the give and go with the big man. HIT THOSE DAMN 3's and grab some Off. boards....Miami wins in 6.

Dam I could never tell that your a Bulls fan Lyric, excellent post...I truly agree with every statement you said in that post.

I can see that your becoming a Big Heats Fan. ;D 8)

Guest lyrik

Dam I could never tell that your a Bulls fan Lyric' date=' excellent post...I truly agree with every statement you said in that post.

I can see that your becoming a Big Heats Fan. ;D 8)

[/quote']

Hey any true sports fan has to rep for his home town...I never said I disliked the Heat...they are right there with the Cavs for my favorite teams other than the Bulls. I think Shaq is the best personality in the game and does a ton for the community...and my two favorite players are Lebron and wade...so I'm all for a Heat win and Championship.

Guest swirlundergrounder

You know what? The Heat shot 6 OF 20 from the free throw line last night! That's 30% from the charity stripe and they lost by 13 points. You can't survive in a conference finals game shooting 30% from the lline!

If they shot even 60% at the line when the game was still close (when they were within 5 points late in the 4th) they would have won the game!

Detroit did not win the game last night! The Heat shot themselves in the foot last night and lost the game!!

Guest lyrik

You know what? The Heat shot 6 OF 20 from the free throw line last night! That's 30% from the charity stripe and they lost by 13 points. You can't survive in a conference finals game shooting 30% from the lline!

If they shot even 60% at the line when the game was still close (when they were within 5 points late in the 4th) they would have won the game!

Detroit did not win the game last night! The Heat shot themselves in the foot last night and lost the game!!

4 Realz...knock down the free ones.

Exactly,eventhough I think the Pistons deserved this last win more then game 2.Free-throws become a big factor.But tomorrow is a whole new ball game. 8)

Guest lyrik

Dirk was the man last night!!!

1, 2, 3, 4 FIF...FIFTY!

Wow...I really hope it Dallas and Miami in the finals....bring some ratings back.

Guest Spankmeister

Dirk was the man last night!!!

That he was....great game...Phoenix had their chances, but it is just too many injuries...and Dallas is a superior team with not only a superstar in Dirk but plenty of role players that do their job...

Avery has done a stellar job with Dallas this year...

Guest Spankmeister

It will be interesting tonight....

What teams show up...the Pistons of the regular season with their stifling defense and the ability to score points, or the Pistons of the Playoffs that are inconsistent and throw more bricks than a chimney repair guy....

On the Miami side, will the Heat of the regular season, also with their inconsistent play and egos getting in the way or the unselfish, team mentality that has taken them this far in the playoffs?

WE will see....but I would love to see a game where both teams actually show up to play....I don't think there has been a game like that so far this series