Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mylo @ The District (Design District) May 6th

opening/closing dj was HORRIBLE.

i was very excited to see mylo...

his set started good, lot of energy, but that was it. after he dropped pressure (about halfway through)....well....the pressure dropped. booooring.

district is a pretty cool venue. crowd was weird. dirty indie rockers everywhere, felt like was in a killers video. the problem with outdoor venues (that get packed) is that of course, everybody sweats. and when dirty indie rockers sweat, it can get pretty funky (and it did).

had fun though, it's all about who you're with. ;D

4 sho...imma take out my pantera tshirt next time i go(i dont have such t shirt)

hot chicks but i couldnt tell if they were 12 or 21 due to what they were wearing, that's just me tho

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest durrtylexx

ummm

where to begin

good things

i liked the crowd, although they were young they were having a good time.

i didn't care if it was 18 and over, people were dancing and having a good time. btw indie girls are pretty f'ing hot..

i'd go back and hang out again. i like it when people are having fun and there's no bs.

bad things

it was too hot, they need to put fans outside.

mylo's set sucked, basically it wasn't consistent.

mylo needs to stick to producing cause he's not a good dj.

thats just my opinion.

Guest Satz

District is my home on Saturdays. Good to see you all out there.

I'll be back.

Quote of the night:

"WHAT THE F*CK IS SHE WEARING??!!"

Guest Nefarious Girl

District is my home on Saturdays. Good to see you all out there.

I'll be back.

Quote of the night:

"WHAT THE F*CK IS SHE WEARING??!!"

And she didn't see this!

tn20pop002.jpg

Another regular night at poplife.

Guest Marina22

Thanks for the comments for Mylo. I spoke to my friend who also said the sound was bad but the track selection saved his set. He also told me there were alot of "emo/goth looking peeps" but who cares if the music's great, right. 8) Maybe next time Mylo can spin somewhere bigger or they should install that nipple hard-on AC like Shine needs!

Guest Juniper

quote of the night..

"do you know if he dropped 'muscle car' yet?"

"who?"

"mylo"

"who's mylo?"

:-X

Guest future

Myles played an excellent 2 hour set.

Would have been longer if he did not need to save his ears, as he is still recovering from his recent health problems and has a gig in New York later this week.

Most notable in my opinion was his monster remix of Paris 400, which he opened his set with, a bassline so thick and nasty, people were floating on the frequency output. Another unforgettable moment was when he played his mix of Bloc Party's Banquet.

Mylo is leading the forefront among artists of his kind. He is a relentless talent that exemplifies an underdog success story. Wether you enjoy his music or not, his contributions and strides should be deemed invaluable by both industry and fans of electronic music. It is because of people like Myles, Stuart Price, Tiga and a handful of others, that people will begin to realize that this music of ours is not just about the DJ, it is about Producer Artists.

Guest ramon

heard the bloc party bit i had no idea it was hs remix. i wasn't there. i thought he had played the boys noize mix which everyone has been playing.

Great Night, Mylo Played like Mylo

Alot of Bombs, His mixing was never amazing, He likes to cut some songs short which I love EX. Tiga - washing Up

He also tends to be out there with his track selection, which he was. Monster Tech bombs, I believe I heard Motor - Black Powder, Mixed with 80's remixes which can be alot for people.

Its just about having alot of fun with him, great guy, nice 2 hr set, great time.

Paris 400

Digitialism - Zdarlight

Bloc Party - Banquet

Mylo - IN my Arms (Tocadisco mix)

Mylo - Drop the pressure (original)

Kris Menace - Jupiter

Mylo - Muscle Cars

Booka Shade - Night Falls

Jona - Learning from My Mistakes

Tiga - Washing up

SICCCKKKKKKK Tech Bomb (Dont' Know)

Mylo - Otto's Journey

many more i cant think off

Guest Marina22

Great Night, Mylo Played like Mylo

Alot of Bombs, His mixing was never amazing, He likes to cut some songs short which I love EX. Tiga - washing Up

He also tends to be out there with his track selection, which he was. Monster Tech bombs, I believe I heard Motor - Black Powder, Mixed with 80's remixes which can be alot for people.

Its just about having alot of fun with him, great guy, nice 2 hr set, great time.

Paris 400

Digitialism - Zdarlight

Bloc Party - Banquet

Mylo - IN my Arms (Tocadisco mix)

Mylo - Drop the pressure (original)

Kris Menace - Jupiter

Mylo - Muscle Cars

Booka Shade - Night Falls

Jona - Learning from My Mistakes

Tiga - Washing up

SICCCKKKKKKK Tech Bomb (Dont' Know)

Mylo - Otto's Journey

many more i cant think off

Niiice, thanks for the list. ;)

Guest Juniper

he only played CDs, yah?

p.s. what was that The Knife track he dropped?

was it 'You Take My Breath Away (Mylo Mix)'?

Guest rollyp66

It was pretty fun to do something different and it was very different but I enjoyed myself.

It is all about who you are with and I had a bunch of my friends there with me. It was a good party a little too hot for my taste but the party rocked.

It was good to see you guys out!

Erica....WHOA what a night lol ;)

Jipsy you rock!

I can't believe I have been asleep for almost 36 hours

Guest Miss_Digital

that place is full of guys who wear black eyeliner

all with the same hair cut and evey one has same thick framed glasses

i dont like the crowd!

Guest ramon

i dont like the crowd!

sounds like poplife :)

Guest durrtylexx

i dont like the crowd!

I didn't mind the crowd one bit.

Hot chics in glasses yumm.

Everyone was having a good time.

People were drinking and hanging out.

it was all good in my book.

Guest future

People are people, music is music.

It's disappointing to read that some of you considered the crowd to be "weird". This is ignorance at it's very best here lads. In good faith, please think about these statements and how ridiculous you sound if you read them back to yourself out loud.

If I may ask, what does an electronic music fan look like? can you please describe the profile? what is it that they wear? or are they just seemingly "normal" to you?

Stereotyping creates divisions, which is what segregates and ultimately hurts Miami's music scene. New York, Paris, Berlin, London and many other great musically rich cities are laughing at you for saying this, do you realize it?

Let's remember what unites people and what drove you to District in the first place: Music.

Also, remember Poplife has been around much longer than Space has, and has been a cultural phenomenon in this city.. credit them with advancing all types of independent music in our little fickle market we call home.. loads of the artists that you now have in your iPod were getting club play there before they crossed into mass exposure.. (including a little song called: 'drop the pressure' which got played there before ever hitting the Space terrace)

I applaud Myles for playing at Poplife, because (with the exception of events produced by Carmel, Revolver, Joe Budious and Sami Stormo) that is probably as close as one can get to "keeping it real" in Miami.

8)

jesus, relax dude.

weird doesn't mean bad. no one is being ignorant or stereotypical. it's just observations, and opinions, not as big a deal as you're making it, definitely not worth the effort you're putting into making people "open their minds" or whatever you're trying to do.

everyone who went there had a great time. ;D

Guest future

jesus, relax dude.

weird doesn't mean bad. no one is being ignorant or stereotypical. it's just observations, and opinions, not as big a deal as you're making it, definitely not worth the effort you're putting into making people "open their minds" or whatever you're trying to do.

haha, relaxed as hell cat.. don't you worry.. we just smoked, we'll invite next time..

Guest Miss_Digital

jesus, relax dude.

exactly

Guest Miss_Digital

i dont like the crowd!

i mean there ok people but but its the look i dont get

try to be so original but to me eveyone looks the same

Guest Civs

i dont like the crowd!

i mean there ok people but but its the look i dont get

try to be so original but to me eveyone looks the same

is it not the same in each particualr scene? when i go to Space, Noc, Crobar etc, the crowd looks the same. On the Space patio, most have the same sunglasses, jeans, tees etc. same thing for the Indie scene.

Guest Civs

People are people, music is music.

It's disappointing to read that some of you considered the crowd to be "weird". This is ignorance at it's very best here lads. In good faith, please think about these statements and how ridiculous you sound if you read them back to yourself out loud.

If I may ask, what does an electronic music fan look like? can you please describe the profile? what is it that they wear? or are they just seemingly "normal" to you?

Stereotyping creates divisions, which is what segregates and ultimately hurts Miami's music scene. New York, Paris, Berlin, London and many other great musically rich cities are laughing at you for saying this, do you realize it?

Let's remember what unites people and what drove you to District in the first place: Music.

Also, remember Poplife has been around much longer than Space has, and has been a cultural phenomenon in this city.. credit them with advancing all types of independent music in our little fickle market we call home.. loads of the artists that you now have in your iPod were getting club play there before they crossed into mass exposure.. (including a little song called: 'drop the pressure' which got played there before ever hitting the Space terrace)

I applaud Myles for playing at Poplife, because (with the exception of events produced by Carmel, Revolver, Joe Budious and Sami Stormo) that is probably as close as one can get to "keeping it real" in Miami.

8)

well said. 7th year Anniversary of Poplife coming Saturday June 17th. seems like they are doin something right since their crowd has been loyal for such a long time:)