Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dance Studios....

Bling

anyone know of a good dance studio in the south miami area?

want to get into it again.. took salsa about 2 yrs back but def want to try out ballroom dancing ...

tango,quickstep,maybe some salsa again

real dancing lol

greatly apreciated

right by dadeland on u.s. 1 theres a big dance school called dance empire. if you try out some dance classes, you might as well check out the hip hop classes cuz those may help your body losen up and flow more with the beat.

thanks miriam .. yeah hip hop sounds good. good warm up to couples dancing.. which is what im looking for

Why would you want to learn salsa or ballroom, when you're music of choice is house? ???

You can like more than 1 style of music. I love to salsa and was just looking into classes myslef (but in Palm Beach County)

Ill look up the link again for ya, Blingers. :)

thanks honey..... i def am gonna do this then ill try out for one of those dancing reality shows if they come down here lol

Guest Devilicious

Why would you want to learn salsa or ballroom, when you're music of choice is house? ???

You can like more than 1 style of music. I love to salsa and was just looking into classes myslef (but in Palm Beach County)

Agreed! Salsa dancing is fun; women love being flung around like that! A word of warning: the men do all the work and the women just have to follow. It's difficult... the rhythm is not simple either. Might be better to start with something easy like Bachata. Good luck :)

Guest Marina22

Salsa is harder for me and merengue is easier for me. I am no pro since I left Venezuela too young to practice much. One of the best partners is my dad cause he knows how to lead and that's what you would have to focus on, being a good, relaxed lead. As far as ballroom dancing, I would not recommend it because it is harder and less practical. I would look for Latin dancing classes since you are looking to meet women. Ballroom is tough cause it's not as relaxed and it is very disciplined in form as you may have seen in your shows.

Look up Salsa Lovers.

It should be Salsa Lovers right off Bird, they bought my family's banquet hall there. I used to dance with them when i was younger since they used to just rent out the hall back then. They've been around for ages. Its on Bird and 98th in the shopping plaza all the way in the corner.

Guest XSweetnessX

this is a great idea!!! it will def help build some self- confidence not to mention dancing with the ladies :)

i, too, plan to continue with my tap dancing this summer ;D

Guest Cosmigonon

Not saying that is wrong or anything, just seems strange to me all of a sudden, cause I know people that go to house events on saturdays/sundays, but they also DO go to Latin/reggaeton or hip hop events on fridays, but bling only goes to house events, but well bling, if you're really interested, go for it!!

truthfully im sure its nice to know how to ballroom dance and its cool but im going to meet people. i mean shit u have to meet someone somewhere

Learning how to dance classically has its benefits on and off the dancefloor. From your confidence, to your posture and even your social skills.

Josh, just cause someone only goes to house events doesn't mean they dont have interest in other areas of music. Personally, i have always danced salsa and other latin styles as well as a little ballroom but i never go to latin clubs. Most of the time there isn't enough room to really dance and its frustrating. Plus theres one salsa for 10 reggaeton songs.

Carisa, if youre anywhere near west palm Ballet Florida has great adult classes. Thats where i took ballet and tap.