Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PAOLO MOJO ** FRIDAY MAY 12 ** SOBE LIVE!

Guest musicalmissionary

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Miss_Digital

hehehe i like the way the interview ended that paolo is a funny guy

he DOES HAVE HIS MOJO!

Guest musicalmissionary

Did anyone see the front cover of the New Times today?

"Music: Will DJ Paolo Mojo have his moment in Miami Beach?"

right on the front cover. Looks like quite a few people are interestd in what this guy can do...

Guest pod

Hey, it's just the New Time's style of writing. They could be more accurate in their description, but their audience wouldn't get it, so they go with Oakie. Hopefully it helps the event.

Gee, I wish I had the time to overanalyze. You should show up to my boy Davey's event, enjoy yourself, have a few drinks, and forget about Britney, Jessica, Myspace, MTV, and Oakie.

Guest Philip

with the crowd-pumping of Paul Oakenfold

::)

Whats wrong with a stadium rammed with 50,000 rockn' to Oakie?

Guest Adam Singer

oakenfold has completely lost the picture, and he isn't the epitome of electronic and dance culture (anymore for everyone, and for me he never was)

it seems like eveyone on the fringe of dance culture wants to use him as some kind of iconic image...

mojo would rip oakie apart anyway

Guest pod

I'm sure he will, but at the same time, take it easy with the condemnation. It isn't the end of the world if some writer over at the New Times uses Oakie in the same sentence as Paolo.

I'm sure if Oakie picked up one of your tracks for a compilation, you'd be ecstatic.

Guest Philip

oakenfold has completely lost the picture, and he isn't the epitome of electronic and dance culture (anymore for everyone.

Oakenfold has completely lost the picture??? Says who? lol. He can't go on for forever.

mojo would rip oakie apart anyway

Why does one DJ have to be better than another? Can't we all just enjoy music? What do you tell the people reading this board that personaly like Oakie more than Mojo - they don't know good music?

I wonder what Diggers would say...

untitledasaf8qt.jpg

Guest musicalmissionary

Let's not forget..

"his live performances, which combine the concentrated, technically complicated knife-edge drops of Richie Hawtin"

and

"Balance 09 is a head-bobbing if not jaw-dropping mix of progressive house and genre classics"

... see y'all on the dancefloor tonight :)

Guest bootstah

Let's not forget..

"his live performances, which combine the concentrated, technically complicated knife-edge drops of Richie Hawtin"

and

"Balance 09 is a head-bobbing if not jaw-dropping mix of progressive house and genre classics"

... see y'all on the dancefloor tonight :)

For Paolo to be compared to the likes of Hawtin and Oakenfold is quite an honour in itself. I think as a dj you have to appreciate what these guys have done for the edm industry, bringing new sounds and ways of creating music. I would think that Paolo is very greatful as to where he is at right now, and he seems to be a very humble guy. It's fantastic he is now getting the exposure he deserves.

I do agree that Balance 009 is quite the compilation and that he will keep people moving tonight and wanting more in the end.

Oakenfold may be old news for some people now, but remember where he was back in the day, people have to start somewhere ::)

Guest Ariel

Paolo Mojo, Nic Fanciulli, and Paul Woolford in the same weekend, just retarded!! ;)

Good booking guys, wish I could make it!

Guest rounder19

not a smart booking, doubtful this event makes money. Wrong dj, wrong venue, wrong promotion.

You can whore your posts out all you want on CJ, but the avg person doesn't have a clue who this guy is.. If you think preaching to the . 00000000000001% of clubbers on cj is going to pack your venue, then think again.

Just like all the hype over the DJ Heather show, it too lost money.

I'd move the party to the pawn shop if possible...

good luck

you can whore your posts all over cj but 95 percent of us dont give a hoot if the club makes money or not.

i bet your right tho after the show instead of hearing paolo was mint paolo was sick! what a great show! all the people will be talking about how the club didnt make money and because of it they had a really bad time.

if you want to sound off on your big club knowledge why dont you email the promoter directly, or start a class at miami dade community college on club promotion.

as clubbers, we want to go see the djs and have a good time. we hope the clubs make money and continue to bring in djs but its a business right? if a club loses money and eventually shuts down wont another one open and book our djs? do we have to worry in miami? do we live in boise?

Guest pod

You do have to worry in Miami. Clubs open and shut all the time, but already there's a general trend to new venues opening up and going with "what works", which in this town is hip-hop. Dance can work but you've got to put a lot of extra effort into proper promotion.

Relying on "oh if Club XYZ closes, Club ABC will open and book James Holden", that might work the first two or three times, but eventually, some club owner is gonna say "Well, I've got 2 kids in college and a divorce settlemet to pay off, and dance music events aren't earning money, I'm gonna book Kid Capri as a resident and pack the house..."

Most club people don't care about the business, and I wouldn't expect them to, but in the end, someone has to.

Guest Major

Paolo Mojo, Nic Fanciulli, and Paul Woolford in the same weekend, just retarded!! ;)

Good booking guys, wish I could make it!

It's nice to see a promoter from another club recognize and acknowledge that there are other great partys in this town other than in their own wonderful venues.

It could be a sign of change to come to Miami,or is it just another shamless plug?

Lets not threadjack this event though!!!

For now, lets get back to the programme.

PAOLO MOJO

Guest musicalmissionary

present didnt get a ticket though......

door price still 10 before midnight?

yes

Guest Cosmigonon

After much deliberation with my other 2 personalitites, we've decided that I'M GOING!!! :D

Guest bootstah

Paolo definitely delivered the goods, the dancefloor was full and the crowd was definitely digging the vibe, thanks Dave for being a great host.

I thought Pedro was a wicked opener! All in all I give it two thumbs up!