Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PAOLO MOJO ** FRIDAY MAY 12 ** SOBE LIVE!

Guest musicalmissionary

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Marina22

Thanks for the sets, I have been meaning to listen to Mojo's music since I always hear nothing but great things.

Guest soozin

i was supposed to be out of town and sadly missing this BUT as it turns out i will be there w/ disco bells on

Guest musicalmissionary

New set posted... it's the Transitions one Alex posted earlier but now I'm hosting it on my site... enjoy > here

not a smart booking, doubtful this event makes money. Wrong dj, wrong venue, wrong promotion.

You can whore your posts out all you want on CJ, but the avg person doesn't have a clue who this guy is.. If you think preaching to the . 00000000000001% of clubbers on cj is going to pack your venue, then think again.

Just like all the hype over the DJ Heather show, it too lost money.

I'd move the party to the pawn shop if possible...

good luck

Guest Miss_Digital

not a smart booking, doubtful this event makes money. Wrong dj, wrong venue, wrong promotion.

You can whore your posts out all you want on CJ, but the avg person doesn't have a clue who this guy is.. If you think preaching to the . 00000000000001% of clubbers on cj is going to pack your venue, then think again.

Just like all the hype over the DJ Heather show, it too lost money.

I'd move the party to the pawn shop if possible...

good luck

i wish you would open up a club or something

i bet it would be the most awesome venue!

it would be packed every day of the week and you would always make money and have only the best DJs???

;D

if you know some much why aren't you working at or running a club

you should really consider it

Guest musicalmissionary

good luck

Thanks man...

Would love to have you in attendance.

sanks, but i'm retired, i'm an arm chair club legend these days.

Oh well... then I'll make sure I fax you a copy of the bar receipt and door revenue so we can discuss your predictions.

Guest musicalmissionary

Check out what New Times has to say about Paolo....

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/Issues/2006-05-11/music/livewire.html

Assuming the position, following "that cute DJ" Desyn Masiello's turn, as mixmaster for the Balance CD series (it's up to number nine) is Paolo Mojo, a British turntablist who has been around since the early Nineties and has flirted often with ignition but failed to quite catch — until now, maybe. Mojo had a moment in 2001 when his Music Is Freedom double-disc set earned acclaim from Danny Tenaglia and Carl Cox, and he is a frequent guest at John Digweed's nights at London club Bedrock. Balance 09 is a head-bobbing if not jaw-dropping mix of progressive house and genre classics including feature tracks and remixes by Underground Resistance, Nic Fanciulli, Nathan Fake, Deee-Lite and others. Mojo is a personable fellow, though, and his live performances, which combine the concentrated, technically complicated knife-edge drops of Richie Hawtin with the crowd-pumping of Paul Oakenfold, have revivified his stateside following.

Guest bootstah

Like I said before, Paolo brings it...saw him twice during conference and he was fresh both times. He is definitely a dj to look out for. Dave, this is the kind of exposure he needs good work. My friends in NYC said he was phenomenal last saturday ;D