Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WARNING, BLACK BEACH WEEK, MIAMI SPRINGFEST THIS WEEKEND!

V. Barbarino

Guest LeVeL

off topic, but you really need to ditch your avatar.. you look like a guy in it or a dyke..

LOL...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sobe2004

There are some really racist and ignorant comments in this thread.

I take the neccesary precautions during traditionally black weekends on Miami Beach, and I don't like having to do it, but judging the hiphop crowd in its entirety by the actions of few is despicable.

Very well said . . . many do not like hanging out with all the crackies in mia but that does not stop people from going to spacenocturnalmetroplis . . . .

Guest sobe2004

Good points, Level & Talmage. Particularly given the RAVE Act which was specifically targeting EDM events.

My friend that works for the DEA told me that they know all about the drug use at most of the clubs but that they tend to be lax in enforcement as the powers that be don't want to kill tourism . . . sounds like a valid point . . .

Guest Devilicious

That doesn't change economic realities, though. You can ask anyone in the hospitality business and you will find that both the spring breaker crowds and the hip hopper crowds tend to do a lot more damage and tip way less than other types.

c'mon now... i wish everyone tipped well, and I think it's trashy not to, but it doesn't really affect the economy if they don't. At the end of the day it all evens out. Part of the price you pay for choosing to work in that biz.

off topic, but you really need to ditch your avatar.. you look like a guy in it or a dyke..

thanks for your unsolicited opinion, but I decline.

The fewer losers like you and level I have hitting on me the better ;)

Guest pod

Very well said . . . many do not like hanging out with all the crackies in mia but that does not stop people from going to spacenocturnalmetroplis . . . .

Very true.

Most people will "deal" with situations if they know in the end they'll have a good time. I'll dodge the bums downtown cause I know once I get to the block where the clubs are, it'll be a good time.

I looked at it recently, you know by this summer there'll be five operational venues on that block? Well six actually if you count Gold Rush. Six years ago it was a no-mans land.

Guest coach

That doesn't change economic realities, though. You can ask anyone in the hospitality business and you will find that both the spring breaker crowds and the hip hopper crowds tend to do a lot more damage and tip way less than other types.

c'mon now... i wish everyone tipped well, and I think it's trashy not to, but it doesn't really affect the economy if they don't. At the end of the day it all evens out. Part of the price you pay for choosing to work in that biz.

LOL. You guys spend money, too. How much junk you bought with your WMC cash?

Man when it comes down to parties Hip Hop parties have way better looking girls and more girls too.

In a EDM party you rarely have good looking girls an too many guys dancing and hugging each other.

For example look at some of Pods pics on cooljunkie.

so this means you're gonna be sporting your White T!

"I fck in ma white T, roll in my white T, drive them benzes in ma white T, oh i think they like that!"

I listen to hip hop n reggaeton, but in my eyes the whole white T fab n 44s is trash...yea i said it!

Guest Mattivi

im not judging the hip hop crowd, although i find the genre to be mostly negative, materlistic, self perpetrating, and detrimental to our youth. but it makes one wonder, why sobe has to bring in law enforcement and canines from all over south florida just to keep the crowds under control. because lets face it, without that, bedlam would ensue.

dont get me wrong every scene has its problems. but hip hop(not all) actually promotes the more deplorable aspects of society; ie drugdealing, women being 'hoes', being a 'hustla', 'thug' as desirable occupations and behaviors. not to mention the egregious use of expletives and slang. hip hop needs more artist like mos def, fugees, and kanye. i watched dave chappelle's block party, and although its not what i expected or wanted, the hip hop talent he had on there was what 'real' hip hop should be like. but yeah, if your not a hip hopper, mdw, is a good weekend to get out of town, go to DETROIT!!!

im not judging the hip hop crowd, although i find the genre to be mostly negative, materlistic, self perpetrating, and detrimental to our youth. but it makes one wonder, why sobe has to bring in law enforcement and canines from all over south florida just to keep the crowds under control. because lets face it, without that, bedlam would ensue.

dont get me wrong every scene has its problems. but hip hop(not all) actually promotes the more deplorable aspects of society; ie drugdealing, women being 'hoes', being a 'hustla', 'thug' as desirable occupations and behaviors. not to mention the egregious use of expletives and slang. hip hop needs more artist like mos def, fugees, and kanye. i watched dave chappelle's block party, and although its not what i expected or wanted, the hip hop talent he had on there was what 'real' hip hop should be like. but yeah, if your not a hip hopper, mdw, is a good weekend to get out of town, go to DETROIT!!!

you'll be home with your bro aswell?? we must hangout

Guest Mattivi

you'll be home with your bro aswell?? we must hangout

not a problem bro, as long as you dont get plastered and hit on me :P ;D my boy is spinning at the masonic temple afterparty, should be fun!!

Guest pod

mdw, is a good weekend to get out of town, go to DETROIT!!!

And stand an equal or greater chance of getting shot.

I know, there's some festival up there and all, but I'm real leery of a city where even the mayor is sporting a custom Escalade.

Guest slamminshaun

Is there any reason Daytona Beach has two spring breaks each year? One spring break for everybody, the other is "black" spring break. Compare the police reports between each and you'll see why stereotypes evolve, just as if you were to compare the police reports from WMC to MDW...I think people have a tendency not to care as much about people who hurt themselves (drug use, etc.) as opposed to hurting others (gangbang, stabbings, shooting, brawls).

Just because some EDM-lovers break the law by partaking in illegal activities, doesn't mean they're harmful to society as a whole. Who would you rather be caught in a dark alley with, a group of gangbangers or computer hackers? Both do illegal things, but they're apples and oranges apart.

Guest Mattivi

I know, there's some festival up there and all, but I'm real leery of a city where even the mayor is sporting a custom Escalade.

i grew up there, and when they have events like this its well policed and safe. i know detroit has a rep that is hard to shake, but its a hell of lot safer then it was during the coleman young era, the last mayor archer, cleaned it up alot. but yeah the new mayor, kwame, reminds me, and looks like, suge knight!!

Guest ramon

i grew up there, and when they have events like this its well policed and safe. i know detroit has a rep that is hard to shake, but its a hell of lot safer then it was during the coleman young era, the last mayor archer, cleaned it up alot. but yeah the new mayor, kwame, reminds me, and looks like, suge knight!!

this is year 3 for me .. and i haven't felt like ive been in danger yet and i went to some very sketchy afterhours. ;)

Guest Mattivi

this is year 3 for me .. and i haven't felt like ive been in danger yet and i went to some very sketchy afterhours. ;)

yeh, there are some sketchy places, i ve always went to the one over by the old tiger stadium, for the life of me i cant think of the name tho. this year im going to go to the masonic temple, but who knows what could happen when one goes out clubbin :o

Guest ramon

yeh, there are some sketchy places, i ve always went to the one over by the old tiger stadium, for the life of me i cant think of the name tho. this year im going to go to the masonic temple, but who knows what could happen when one goes out clubbin :o

cortown tavern?

masonic temple was loads of fun in september for the 7 year annivesary of paxahau.

Guest pod

but yeah the new mayor, kwame, reminds me, and looks like, suge knight!!

Hell I thought he was a hip-hop mogul when I saw him on TV once. Then it say "Detroit Mayor" in the tagline and I was like what?

Guest brasiliandrunk

I take the necessary precautions , goto sleep for the whole 3 days , wake up play xbox, and guildwars...