Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ATTN SALEEN

Guest biznation00

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chica

U all have a point of view and what not but do u all seriously think that people outside this circle care about this? they just go out to have fun a, to dance, drink and socialize etc, I've said this before 80% or more of the people at the club have NO CLUE who is playing...or any of the business going on inside the club scene. About Saleen, well he is just messing with ur mind and maybe he is in need of a woman's affection lol....this thread needs to be closed ;)

Guest ddg

redbull vodka anyone??

I adore you diego, you always share.

its not fun if im the only one getting hammered... :)

Guest pod

It's more than a matter of just bringing over the calendar software from DDM, like everything here, we like to make it custom 8)

Guest james stratus

So what is the point of this now? There is so much to be said about the Saleen, and now this has become about the music and Dj's pushing the envelope. They are not related at all. Saleen doesn't know what an envelope is.

Now lets do the POD and get some dirty birds and shots and such!

Guest coach

It's more than a matter of just bringing over the calendar software from DDM, like everything here, we like to make it custom 8)

Oh, I unnerstand. Personally, I totally blame Gator.

Guest Marina22

The scene is doing pretty well I think. We got music heads lovin' it and yes the masses too. We got South Florida for a playground and yes it's no Detroit but I like it here. Support what you are passionate about and we are all passionate about this music of ours, whatever sub-genre you happen to enjoy, otherwise we would not be on CJ. As far as business problems Pod and Saleen, I don't know the books but are we really doing that bad? Who does know and show me some solutions to this supposed "business problem" and no, I don't mean Rock and Roll! As far as brown nosing and kissing ass, some people are actually nice and maybe are even friends oooh imagine that! :o I don't know what else to say since this thread took the life out of me :P

Guest JMT

there are 2 kinds of people on CJ:

those that love the club legend's posts,

and those that are in denial that they do.

Guest vaughan

there are 2 kinds of people on CJ:

those that love the club legend's posts,

and those that are in denial that they do.

LOL!!!! YEP!!! :-X ;D

The LEgend Lives on....

Guest tiltmiami

Let me guess, you probably do something else during the day in order to earn the bulk of your income.

It's hard to be about the music when the music isn't paying the rent at the moment.

Most DJs and promoters I know outside of the very best have to make concessions to make ends meet if they want to keep doing what they do as a full time job. Promoters have to limit their guestlists, enforce guy/girl ratios, so on and so forth. DJs have to drop in a floor-filler or two and not be on some "educational" mission and risk clearing the dancefloor.

Sometimes I feel like anyone who says "it's all about the music" is a grown up raver.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not 'hating' on any specific style of music, but pretty much just stating how I see things these days.

There's a reason hip-hop promoters and nights pull in mad crowds, and that is because most of them have a good business head on them. I'm not suggesting bling and 30" rims in conjuction with house music, but at the same time, realize why a club will shut down a night.

Calling your potential audience ignorant doesn't help either. If a promoter or DJ is insulting me, you better believe I'm going somewhere else.

I disagree with most of this post...

for starters...the reason hip-hop nights are succesful is pretty simple....It is THE most popular form of music among (the majority of) the age-group that comprises "clubbers"....Hip-hop is and has been main-stream for some time now...It is popular top-40 music and played at every main-stream club in the US...It is on MTV and radio 24 hours a day...

The pool you are drawing from when you do a hip-hop night is MUCH bigger than when you do a dance music night....I dont think it has anything to do with good business heads...as a matter of fact, I think it takes a much better business man to be able to make a succesful night out of a genre of music that is NEVER on MTV or the radio...and purely exists in a sub-culture that seeks it out..(not to mention I think its much cooler!!!)

I also think a DJ throwing "floor-fillers" is not the one who is helping things...Its the ones pushing the envelope between the floor-fillers that help....Too many DJs stick to the popular tracks..

Yes, as a pro, you must cater to your audience and read the dancefloor...but the way I see it...what is important is the records you play between the floor-fillers....

what seperates the great DJs from the rest is how far they are able to spread out their floor-fillers and how far they can push the envelope in between them...that is how a dancefloor is educated...that is how a scene is created and nurtured...A DJ's goal should be to always get away with as much as they can without loosing the audience's interest..That is how a DJ creates their OWN style and their OWN sound and identity...That way they aren't lumped in with every other cat playing the same 25 songs every night...

I think more of this...and less of what you speak of.. would be much more helpful in the long run...

(ok Im done!! Ive fallen into a CJ binge....must break free!!! ;) )

FUcking MTV...............

Guest DrFired

Gone for a week, look what i missed.

I personally don't like Saleen, so there's my opinion.