Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Fifth...

Guest Fez

Guest Fez

i got an email from GK, is this place new???

i haven't been to the beach in a cpl. weeks...

NIGHTLIFE IMPRESARIO GERRY KELLY JOINS "THE FIFTH" AS MARKETING PARTNER AND ANNOUNCES GRAND OPENING CELEBRATION

MIAMI BEACH, FL (May 25, 2006) – Internationally renowned nightlife impresario Gerry Kelly has signed on as marketing partner with the new Fifth South Beach club, and will plan a lavish Grand Opening celebration on June 17th 2006.

Kelly, a South Beach legend with celebrities and those who want to party like them, will officially launch The Fifth with a party celebrating his birthday. Kelly’s infamous birthday parties are anticipated by those in the know each year – and this year Kelly plans to out-do himself.

“I can’t divulge my plans for the event yet, but I can promise it will be glamorous and decadent,†Kelly said. “The Fifth is not only a gorgeous club but it’s the only one in the district with its own on-site parking. Those who are tired of the circus along Washington Avenue will find this a breath of fresh air. I’m thrilled to work with owner Oliver Geddes, a man I admire greatly for his savvy and professionalism.â€

Located on 5th Street and Lenox Ave, just off the Macarthur Causeway, The Fifth is housed in a luxurious bi-level Art Deco space with warm, eclectic décor. The club retains a level of intimacy that makes one feel as though they were playing in a private NYC loft. Acclaimed Torontonian and nightclub owner Oliver Geddes built The Fifth with a penchant for delivering unparalleled service without attitude.

Having established himself as an international nightclub entrepreneur at the helm of the famed PACHA Empire, Gerry Kelly was the face behind legendary over-the-top parties in Europe. In 1993, commissioned to America by the lead singer of the famed Simply Red group, Mick Hucknel, Kelly headed Bash in South Beach, a nightclub opened with partner Sean Penn. Kelly's European influence at Bash was noticeable as he debuted an exclusive VIP room complete with bottle service, super models, celebrities and a velvet rope that rivaled the former Studio 54. After much success with the European concept, Kelly left Bash (1997) and began work on a new space, Shadow Lounge. The Lounge was at the forefront of music and fashion, and during Kelly’s leadership Details Magazine named the lounge “Best Club in America.â€

In 1998 Kelly worked alongside Miami nightlife legend Chris Pacellio. Offering his talents, Kelly ran the multi-million dollar BarRoom and aided with Pacellio’s conglomerations of über trendy restaurant Joia and hotspot Liquid. Gerry was placed at the lead, accommodating celebrities like Madonna, Naomi Campbell, N’Sync, Donatella Versace and Puff Daddy as regular patrons. In 1999 Kelly made a decision to bid on one of the largest nightclub’s in Florida. In 1999 the bid was accepted, jump-starting Kelly’s millennium with his new concept, Level. Part of a joint venture, complimented by four other partners, Kelly was the powerhouse behind 40,000 square feet of pristine Art Deco theatre, six different levels, nine exclusive VIP rooms and the most coveted DJ's in the world. The twenty-five internationally recognized awards, including best club, best sound and best lighting hardly compared to the magic of America’s elite including benefits hosted by President Bill Clinton.

After celebrating four years with one of Miami’s finest nightclubs and having been awarded "Best Club of the Year" by Miami New Times, Gerry Kelly sold Level to partner with Cecile Barker to bring State to South Beach. State was set to be an ultra chic lounge located on Lincoln Road and opened in January of 2003. Lavishly decorated with couture gowns designed by Kelly himself, this hip night spot became favorite to music talents Jay-Z, Lil’ Kim, Beyonce, P. Diddy Combs, Busta Rhymes, Jada Kiss and Cierra. Shortly after, on November 11th, 2005 Gerry opened Shine at The Shelborne. Kelly’s partnership with well-known former DJ talent Jon Cowan made Shine an outstanding success.

###

Guest pod

Yeah, it's been open for a month or two now.

I imagine they bought on Gerry to give the place a public, "known" face for the upscale Miami crowd.

nope .. its not in that area. its close though... its a seperate standalone bldg close to the entry to the highway by the port......

has its own parking lot and nice covered entrance for limos and such ... looks like a restaurant from outside

Guest pod

It used to be Club Cristal. I swore it was a strip joint due to the neon accents, and the proximity to the Pleasure Emporium. Then I found out it was ghetto central.

New Dynacord install too if I'm not mistaken (go infinite!).

damn ghetto? it must be upscale ghetto then .. i didnt like the sound system much though in there and the setup is horrid the dj booth is like on the roof practically . u cant see the dj from the floor u have to stare up it sucked....

but its large and its got nice decor though ... simple yet elegant

Guest swank

It used to be Club Cristal. I swore it was a strip joint due to the neon accents, and the proximity to the Pleasure Emporium. Then I found out it was ghetto central.

New Dynacord install too if I'm not mistaken (go infinite!).

YES to the 'Dynacord' and this ain't your everyday ghetto club anymore. I posted this somwhere before but.... really nice! Refrigerators in every VIP booth, closed glass VIP room that holds 75 peeps.Two levels with lots of great views, dj booth could be in better place, beautiful bathrooms with marble dripping everywhere. Merry-go-round carousel horses flying from the ceiling etc.etc.etc.

Stay tuned...we gots something for ya!

Oliver is a great host and club owner who is very successful with his other ventures..and his right hand man Javier is a cool cat... Gerry will do what he has to do but in the end the club(it's staff and ambience) are the only things that will keep people coming back. ;D

Guest Willie Morales

holy shit i played there when it was club one and then coco bongo... many many many years ago... sorry did not play there when it was crystal definatly sounds like a strip club... wish you guys the best of luck...

Guest vaughan

Aquabboty & Miguel Migs did his Salted Party there during WMC...

VERY nice place... Curious to see where Gerry takes them... And yes, they have been open...

Guest Editor

<<I swore it was a strip joint...>>

Good eye, dude.

It was built as the "Gold Club" in around 1983 as a strip club.

You camera guys are sharp. ;D

Guest coach

It's been in the news at least twice that I know of. They've done a profile of the owner, who's name escapes me at the moment. From the reports, this is a club for the vastly underserved "VIP" crowd. Supposed to be very upscale. I think it is worth a look, though being so far off the beaten path may hurt it. Although, that may be what they want, to get out of thug-central, as Washington is turning into.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Adikt

wow club cristal...that place is so ghetto. i only went once- my high school decided to throw my class's graduation party there and it was pretty ghetto. what kinda parties are they doing there these days?

the same disappointing ones from your highschool fieldtrips

Guest shrek_inc

before judging go to their reopening party and check out their web site...the fifth in canada is really good!!!

Guest Adikt

you shouldnt go to their reopening party it will be just like the memorial day weekend....

awwwwww come onnnnn it cant be that badddd, so what if there are scooters everywhere because thats what the attendees came on with female entourage wearing what they pick out of their little sibling closets with everything just waiting to get loose being all bright and yellow,thats some tight delight. It doesnt mean its thatttttt baddd???