Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ok my socccer freaks.....

Guest tiltmiami

I just love the GAME as a whole. I don't just root for one team. I have several favorites. I just love seeing different styles of soccer from different countries going at it. Historically, some of my favorites are Germany, The Netherlands and Argentina. I think Angola is going to shock everyone.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest teabag

Brazil will win, Argentina will always play to win so do not doubt a south american final......hell yes!!!! Fuck mexico !!!! Europe has nothing to match South American powerhouses...Italy keep dreaming maybe in 10 years...not with this Brazilian talent.....

Guest Major

en el culito de inglaterra, brazil, y italia los vamos a meter... 8) :P

For those of us who are not familiar with the Spanish language... would someone be kind enough to translate this into English please.

TIA

Guest ddg

en el culito de inglaterra, brazil, y italia los vamos a meter... 8) :P

For those of us who are not familiar with the Spanish language... would someone be kind enough to translate this into English please.

TIA

sorry major...it means argentina is gonna stick in the asses of england, italy and brazil....no disrespect to you though...red bull and vodka on me next time we hang... ;)

Guest ddg

never fucking mind dude..talking to you is like teaching a blind kid to read......good luck to your team(s) and who knows, maybe if angola makes it to the second round..you can cheer for them!!!

Argentina wont make to the quarter finals... Do u want to Bet?

why the fuck would i want to bet with you...word around campfire is you dont pay people back anyways...or should i wait for the next world cup to collect from you.... ::) ::)

go out and buy an angola jersey, cuz i have a feeling they might make the second round..you dont want to be late on jumping on the wagon now, do you??

I just love the GAME as a whole. I don't just root for one team. I have several favorites. I just love seeing different styles of soccer from different countries going at it. Historically' date=' some of my favorites are Germany, The Netherlands and Argentina. I think Angola is going to shock everyone.

[/quote']

i'm the same way....i've seen every match of the last 3 world cups. i just love watching the game, no matter who's playing. i start following a team after i've seen them play a couple of matches, when i see something great about a team. love an underdog! but of course always rooting for da USA ;D

Guest mp3some

I just love the GAME as a whole. I don't just root for one team. I have several favorites. I just love seeing different styles of soccer from different countries going at it. Historically, some of my favorites are Germany, The Netherlands and Argentina. I think Angola is going to shock everyone.

i'm the same way....i've seen every match of the last 3 world cups. i just love watching the game, no matter who's playing. i start following a team after i've seen them play a couple of matches, when i see something great about a team. love an underdog!

Same here..... In about a week, after watching the teams play, I'll come up with a list of my favorites.

Can't wait to watch some Quality Futbol!!!!!!!!

Can you FEEL IT?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? ;D

.- 8)

Guest Cosmigonon

I just love the GAME as a whole. I don't just root for one team. I have several favorites. I just love seeing different styles of soccer from different countries going at it. Historically' date=' some of my favorites are Germany, The Netherlands and Argentina. I think Angola is going to shock everyone.

[/quote']

Exactly. When I was a kid I used to root for Brazil (cause is the bandwagon thing to do), but when I grew older, I just started to root for any team from America vs. Europe. Now I just love the game, and I try not to miss a single game... 8)

Guest LeVeL

Exactly. When I was a kid I used to root for Brazil (cause is the bandwagon thing to do), but when I grew older, I just started to root for any team from America vs. Europe. Now I just love the game, and I try not to miss a single game... 8)

Awww 1 more day to the opening Games...this thread got hostile fast. But as a sports fan I dont see anything wrong with rooting for a country your not from. As long as your a fucking sports fan and cheer and have love for the game then theres nothing wrong with it.

For example I am rooting for Argentina, Italy and Holland but if any of them lose then I wont lose any sleep over it. My Country is not being represented in the World Cup but I am one of those type of people that loves rooting for the underdogs or the teams least expected to win but I have always rooted for Argentina ever since the 1990 Barcelona World Cup.

[/quote']

Awww 1 more day to the opening Games...this thread got hostile fast. But as a sports fan I dont see anything wrong with rooting for a country your not from. As long as your a fucking sports fan and cheer and have love for the game then theres nothing wrong with it.

For example I am rooting for Argentina, Italy and Holland but if any of them lose then I wont lose any sleep over it. My Country is not being represented in the World Cup but I am one of those type of people that loves rooting for the underdogs or the teams least expected to win but I have always rooted for Argentina ever since the 1990 Barcelona World Cup.

1990 World Cup was in Italy, Argentina lost 1:0 to Germany in finals :). They did kick out Brazil that year in second round.

Guest LeVeL

1990 World Cup was in Italy, Argentina lost 1:0 to Germany in finals :). They did kick out Brazil that year in second round.

Oh yes your right...my bad...it was in Italy...I remmeber that game like it was yesterday...a game hard fought just to lose 1 to 0 to the Italians.

[/quote']

Oh yes your right...my bad...it was in Italy...I remmeber that game like it was yesterday...a game hard fought just to lose 1 to 0 to the Italians.

Who lost 1:0 to Italians? Germany won the Cup by beating Argentina 1:0 in finals, goal scored by Andreas Breme for penalty kick, Italians were 3rd and England 4th.

Guest LeVeL

Yeah I know the history....you see the mistakes you do when you post on colljunkie while doing a billion things at one time.

Guest Major

TIA

sorry major...it means argentina is gonna stick in the asses of england

[/quote

That's not very poilte is it now?.... if you recall in 2002 England sent Argentina home after the first round ;)

We shall see!!

Guest sross

TIA

[/quote

That's not very poilte is it now?.... if you recall in 2002 England sent Argentina home after the first round ;)

We shall see!!

And beat them last year in that so-called 'friendly'... ;)

We shall see!!

See thats funny on how the english folks keep telling themselves that they are the ones that sent Argentina home.

First of all Argentina and England were in the same group.

Second,Argentina played Enlgland in their 2nd match in where Argentina had already won vs Nigeria and had 3 points under their belts,we lost to England but we still had chances if Argentina would have won their 3rd and last game in the group which was Sweden.Argentina beating Sweden,Argentina would have gone to the next round,but unfortunally we tied 1-1 and wasn't enough to go through.

So that being said Sweden was more likely the team to send Argentina home early,not England.But I understand where you guys are coming from,being knocked out in Mexico 86 due the "HAND OF GOD" and of course the greatest goal ever to be scored in the history of the World Cups.(You all know what i'm talking about) Then in France 98,in the quarterfinals on penalty-kicks.

But if it makes you guys happy by "thinking" you sent Argentina home in 02,then go ahead,keep telling yourselves that. :)

Exactly. When I was a kid I used to root for Brazil (cause is the bandwagon thing to do).

are there any brazilians places here in pompano that u know of that would be a cool place to watch the game...it's hard to be around people that don't have a clue about the sport

Guest sross

We shall see!!

See thats funny on how the english folks keep telling themselves that they are the ones that sent Argentina home.

First of all Argentina and England were in the same group.

Second,Argentina played Enlgland in their 2nd match in where Argentina had already won vs Nigeria and had 3 points under their belts,we lost to England but we still had chances if Argentina would have won their 3rd and last game in the group which was Sweden.Argentina beating Sweden,Argentina would have gone to the next round,but unfortunally we tied 1-1 and wasn't enough to go through.

So that being said Sweden was more likely the team to send Argentina home early,not England.But I understand where you guys are coming from,being knocked out in Mexico 86 due the "HAND OF GOD" and of course the greatest goal ever to be scored in the history of the World Cups.(You all know what i'm talking about) Then in France 98,in the quarterfinals on penalty-kicks.

But if it makes you guys happy by "thinking" you sent Argentina home in 02,then go ahead,keep telling yourselves that. :)

Before this post I wasn't sure what straws being clutched at sounded like, but I've got a pretty good idea now :P

[/quote']

I'm glad to see that we actually have some real soccer fanatics on this board that actually watch the game for what it is. There's nothing wrong with rooting for a country that's not your own. I used to actually root for Brazil when I was a kid, Like Josh says it was the bandwagon thing to do. Big respect to these guys for hoding the crown so many times. But I tend to go for the underdogs. Also, as you get older you start appreciating the way other countries play. I came to respect European Soccer, they might not have the fancy footwork like South American, Central American, and Carribean Soccer or the relentless speed and endurance of the Africans or the Asians but their game is more about structure and technique. And within Europe the have different styles as well. I'll watch each and every game point blank...

Guest macboy

whatever...

May the best team win. What I don't understand is that since this tournament is always a source of national pride, why then did the entire latin and south american community in South Florida become Brazilian in 2002? ???

Seriously, when Brazil won in '02, Ocean Drive got closed off and everyone showed up and partied their asses off. There is no way in hell that they were all Brazilian. People who I knew were Cuban were waving the Brazilian flag. Give me a break.

Root for your country, and no one else. Don't go cheering for another country just because your team lost. Enjoy the entire tournament, yes. But pick one team, please. Just my .02

Guest ddg

TIA

[/quote

We shall see!!

my bad major... ;) :-[

and happyface does have a point..but so do you in another sense... ..either way, its gonna be a great world cup!!!

my choices to move on...

A)germany and costa rica

B) England and paraguay

C) Argentina and Holland

D) Portugal and Mexico

E) Czech and Italy (but i hope us pulls a major upset by going through

F) Brazil and Japan

G) France and Korea

H) Spain and Tunisia

whatever...

May the best team win. What I don't understand is that since this tournament is always a source of national pride, why then did the entire latin and south american community in South Florida become Brazilian in 2002? ???

Seriously, when Brazil won in '02, Ocean Drive got closed off and everyone showed up and partied their asses off. There is no way in hell that they were all Brazilian. People who I knew were Cuban were waving the Brazilian flag. Give me a break.

Root for your country, and no one else. Don't go cheering for another country just because your team lost. Enjoy the entire tournament, yes. But pick one team, please. Just my .02

Well, you have people that ride the bandwagon. And people that are really fans of the game, not Nationalists . So Because Haiti did not make it to the World Cup, I shouldn't watch and cheer other teams that I've been a fan of all my life. Is what you're saying? Gimme a break... I 'm a soccer Fan. And a real one at that.