Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ok my socccer freaks.....

Guest tiltmiami

Guest ddg

whatever...

May the best team win. What I don't understand is that since this tournament is always a source of national pride' date=' why then did the entire latin and south american community in South Florida become Brazilian in 2002? ???

Seriously, when Brazil won in '02, Ocean Drive got closed off and everyone showed up and partied their asses off. There is no way in hell that they were all Brazilian. People who I knew were Cuban were waving the Brazilian flag. Give me a break.

Root for your country, and no one else. Don't go cheering for another country just because your team lost. Enjoy the entire tournament, yes. But pick one team, please. Just my .02

[/quote']

Well, you have people that ride the bandwagon and people that are really fans. So Because Haiti did not make it to the World Cup, I shouldn't watch and cheer other teams that I've been a fan of all my life. Is what you're saying? Gimme a break... I 'm a soccer Fan. And a real one at that.

i agree with macboy...i just hate people that bandwagon...one thing is too cheer..another is to make every post about how Brazil is gonna win, when you werent even freaking born there.... ::)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TIA

sorry major...it means argentina is gonna stick in the asses of england

[/quote

That's not very poilte is it now?.... if you recall in 2002 England sent Argentina home after the first round ;)

We shall see!!

my bad major... ;) :-[

and happyface does have a point..but so do you in another sense... ..either way, its gonna be a great world cup!!!

my choices to move on...

A)germany and costa rica

B) England and paraguay

C) Argentina and Holland

D) Portugal and Mexico

E) Czech and Italy (but i hope us pulls a major upset by going through

F) Brazil and Japan

G) France and Korea

H) Spain and Tunisia

My choices:

A) Germany and Ecuador

B) England and Sweden

C) Argentina and Serbia

D) Portugal and Mexico

E) Italy and Czech

F) Brazil and Croatia

G) France and Togo

H) Spain and Ukraine

I'm cheering for Serbia even if they lose all 3, my second team is Croatia who took 3rd place in France 1998 simply because they are also from my ex-country which was once all one called Yugoslavia :). I'm not cheering for anyone else but there are some other teams that I like, the way they play, more than others. I agree with macboy but I also agree with Rick, you gotta chear for someone :)

Guest Cosmigonon

whatever...

May the best team win. What I don't understand is that since this tournament is always a source of national pride, why then did the entire latin and south american community in South Florida become Brazilian in 2002? ???

Seriously, when Brazil won in '02, Ocean Drive got closed off and everyone showed up and partied their asses off. There is no way in hell that they were all Brazilian. People who I knew were Cuban were waving the Brazilian flag. Give me a break.

Root for your country, and no one else. Don't go cheering for another country just because your team lost. Enjoy the entire tournament, yes. But pick one team, please. Just my .02

Well, for some reason, everybody all around the world likes Brazil. If you thought that was ridiculous, you should've been in Panama that year, everyfuckinbody had the brazilian shirt, and after the final game, people went out of the clubs into the streets to celebrate. But most people do it only as a reason to just keep drinking and partying.

But Brazil has that mythical thing, because that doesn;t happen with other american teams, like Argentina...

Guest b00tyman07

FIFA 2006 on XBox 360 is electronic crack, i just spent the past four hours playing for no goddamn reason

hoping for France to beat the odds and send Zidane out with a trophy...that probably won't happen cause Brazil's taking it but it would be nice to see

Guest ddg

the freaking day has come!!!...any predictions for todays games??

germany over costa rica, ecuador over poland

good luck to all the teams!!

Guest LeVeL

Okay all the bullshit predictions are out the window...the World Cup has started and it can be anybodies title.

May the best team win.

Okay all the bullshit predictions are out the window...the World Cup has started and it can be anybodies title.

May the best team win.

It's fun to predict but yes "May the best team win".

Germany over Costa Rica, Polland and Ecuador tie.

Good luck you all "your" teams, whoever that is :)

Guest Cosmigonon

Well, I don;t know who's gonna win today, but as always I'm gonna root for my american teams, so today: Costa Rica and Ecuador!!! :D

Guest Major

A051008_P09_CROUCH,_OWEN_V.JPG

We're Eng-land All stand-up We're Eng-land It's our World Cup

We're Eng-land All stand-up We're Eng-land It's our World Cup

Guest Major

I must say i was rather dissapointed in England's play... It was quite sloppy at times. An own goal is not the best way to win, but a win is a win.

We're gonna have to do much better to against the powerhouses.

ENGLAND 1 PARAGUAY 0

Guest sross

I must say i was rather dissapointed in England's play... It was quite sloppy at times. An own goal is not the best way to win, but a win is a win.

ENGLAND 1 PARAGUAY 0

Pretty crap wasn't it?

T&T vs Sweden - now that was a proper game of football ;D

Guest bootstah

ENGLAND 1 PARAGUAY 0

Pretty crap wasn't it?

T&T vs Sweden - now that was a proper game of football ;D

yep best game of the day imo. Hislop was the shit :o

First stone out of the way for Argentina,wasnt too convinced but hopefully now the players have gotten out all the nerves and can look towards the following game more calmed.

Ivory Coast was a very hard opponent and it wont be easy for Serbia and the Netherlands.

Guest bootstah

Australia 3 Japan 1

Australia scores 3 goals in the last 8 mins...... :o :o :o :o

US is already down by 1 and the game has just started :-\