Clubplanet Nightlife Community

absinthe....

i tried it in europe this summer...

there are way better quasi-legal options ;)

i definitely agree...but when presented with the substance that gave inspiration to so many artists/poets/etc....you gotta give it a shot

Guest Adam Singer

i tried it in europe this summer...

there are way better quasi-legal options ;)

i definitely agree...but when presented with the substance that gave inspiration to so many artists/poets/etc....you gotta give it a shot

to each his own i suppose, personally i didnt find it worthwhile, YMMV...my head was not clear (could have been all the alcohol i had consumed with it too though)

Guest lyrik

Wormwoooooood!

Its okay I guess...real moonshine vs. absinthe...I'll take the moonshine we used to live next door to a guy that was a born and raised WV mountain man and he we would go home and visit every year and bring us a bottle back...instead of putting hair on...it took it off...and made a nice silver polish and carborator primer as well!

Guest rhythmburn

where did you get the absinthe from? most western european countries adhere to the legal limit as defined by the EU of thujone in the absinthe -- not the same stuff the artists/poets of days past were using.

you can still get some strong shit if you look around for it from eastern europe....

i'm all about organizing an absinthe party sometime ;)

=)

Guest bootstah

yea, a friend of mine smuggled some back from a trip to Europe not too long ago. The stuff is very lethal :o

Guest pontifex

I read this great article a while back about how absinthe doesn't really have the psychedelic qualities that people think it does, but when you drink it and you think your tripping, you actual feel like you are tripping, but its all in your mind. 5'll try to find the article.

Guest Devilicious

where did you get the absinthe from? most western european countries adhere to the legal limit as defined by the EU of thujone in the absinthe -- not the same stuff the artists/poets of days past were using.

you can still get some strong shit if you look around for it from eastern europe....

=)

what he has is from spain, it is neon green and says on the bottle "distilled with wormwood" i believe it's 180 proof :o

Guest slamminshaun

yea, a friend of mine smuggled some back from a trip to Europe not too long ago. The stuff is very lethal :o

You didn't see the 3 bottles of Absinthe I had that night after the Refuge??? That was one of the reasons my wife was pissed....haha....The Internet is a wondeful thing. Mine is from Spain as well.... ;D

Guest Miss_Digital

=)

i'm down

whats better than alcohol?

alcohol that makes you hallucinate

LOL

i've never had the green fairy but i have had pernod, which is kinda like the legal version it does the color changing thing too

Guest xmuzik

i've drank real absinthe many times & its not all that..... yes its cool & yes its a hardcore liquor but its nothing like its reputation makes it out to be.

In other words for those that don't know , dont believe the hype it is far from lsd in a bottle.

Guest bootstah

yea' date=' a friend of mine smuggled some back from a trip to Europe not too long ago. The stuff is very lethal :o

[/quote']

You didn't see the 3 bottles of Absinthe I had that night after the Refuge??? That was one of the reasons my wife was pissed....haha....The Internet is a wondeful thing. Mine is from Spain as well.... ;D

all I know is there was a lot of liquor, hehehe

Guest synergy

:P I was wrecked, and the next day was not pretty......But id do it again.....no green fairies though ::)