Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Miami Clubs

Guest chrissy2321

Guest chrissy2321

I recently moved here from LA for a new job. People here are always talking about hpw great the parties are> All I find here in Miami a whole bunch of overaged no name dee-jays trying to make it big. Well, keep trying look at parantula and DJ Nicholas from Mansion suck ass open format wanna bee house dee-jays. Gert a real job bc as musicians you will starve you $250 wanna be djs. there are only two cool clubs

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Justin Johnson

How about re-wording your statement into a question.

"So far, being from L.A., I haven't been musically satisfied. Where can I go to find to what I'm looking for?"

;)

Guest james stratus

"So far, being from L.A., I haven't been musically satisfied. Where can I go to find to what I'm looking for?"

;)

I believe you should be able to say what you want on here without a backlash, but stating it like that would have been more tactful.

Coach: Please drop the "go back to where you're from if you don't like it here" bit.... equally lacking tact.

Chrissy: I unfortunatly see you getting eaten alive on here.

Just saying ;D

Guest coach

;)

I believe you should be able to say what you want on here without a backlash, but stating it like that would have be more tactful.

Coach: Please drop the "go back to where you're from if you don't like it here" bit.... equally lacking tact.

Chrissy: I unfortunatly see you getting eaten alive on here.

Just saying ;D

Tact? Opening your presence on CJ with negative bullshit is tact? I'm sorry, but I am *really* sick of all the whining. Miami may not be perfect, but it is an awesome place to live. If it is not for someone, that's cool, but there's no need to whine about it. And if you do, then expect others to "say what you want on here without a backlash."

I mean, sure, if you are new and don't know all the fun places to go, no prob. Post up a nice question like Justin said. You *know* I am one of the first and most verbose in pointing out places to when someone does that. But, look at what this person wrote. All bitching, not even constructive criticism. No wondering if they are missing anything. No introductions. Heck, barely coherent.

But, someone wanna post shit, they should expect to take shit. So, I posted what I wanted, now don't give me no backlash! Ha Ha!

I recently moved here from LA for a new job. People here are always talking about hpw great the parties are> All I find here in Miami a whole bunch of overaged no name dee-jays trying to make it big. Well, keep trying look at parantula and DJ Nicholas from Mansion suck ass open format wanna bee house dee-jays. Gert a real job bc as musicians you will starve you $250 wanna be djs. there are only two cool clubs

I'm kind of surprised thats the only reason you don't like being here. You must not have come in contact with all the snobs that live down here yet.

Guest coach

Oh, and in keeping with my philosophy of trying to post positively:

chrissy2321, if you are interested in finding some fun stuff to do, I would suggest keeping an eye on this board and checking out any party that includes any of the following performers:

James Stratus

Justin Johnson

Andrew Chibale

Diaga

Sebastian

Major

Anything promoted by the musicalmissionary

Ramon

Jo Jo Flores

Vaughan & Lust4House

Alan Stenbeck

Aquabooty

Shawn Rudnick

Tilt

Obby

Um, come on CJ, help me out, I have a terrible memory. Who else?

Also, some other really great things to do:

JAM at MAM

Art Walk in the District (can't find the real site for that)

Lowe Down

Gen Art

And anything put on by Ocean Drive mag.

That should get you started and having fun!

Guest Adam Singer

to the original poster:

there are way more dj's/clubs/venues then what you stated, if you want to find people taking chances with music and playing things not 'typical' you can't go to big venues - the most abstract and creative art ALWAYS occurs in the smaller, more intimate venues...

this is true in any city, argue with me if you want but the bigger venues cater to a more 'crowd pleasing' and 'accessible' sound almost every time i frequent them...its a more packaged experience, its like going out to the disney world of club-land...

Guest bootstah

you are just the kind of cunt i avoid when i go out

LOL well said

First of all, whoever is trying to mudsling under an FSN is failing tereribly. What newbie moves to Miami and hears about those TWO specific names first? And from LA of all places.....the scene there sucks. The clubs close at 2am, last call is at like 1. Avalon is a joke. Overaged DJs? Gimme a break, all legends are way older (Francois K is 56!!) with age comes experience so that little slur is pointless. Whoever this is needs to just shut the hell up.

So what are these supposed 2 cool clubs? I'll bite....lets get this "discussion" rolling.

are u hot la chick? if so i got a king size bed and baby oil w/ ur name on it

Bend over and put an apple in your mouth... I'll show you a good time.

Guest coach

Yeah, my bad. I fell for the troll. I'm having bad allergies this week and it is occluding my vision.

In any case, congrats to all our great locals. And the clubs who bring in the big names, too. Thanks for keeping the party going.

Guest xmuzik

miami is as fun as you make it , the more friends you make & the more money you have the better

the latine women are the most beautiful in the world

the no name dj's are better than the best headliners in any american city

and they have cool junkie , a3tv, & a slew of the best clubs this side of the atlantic

i've partied in new orleans & houston almost all my life & when i'm in miami i consider it 7th heaven

this is all i have to say party like i did in new orleans & houston for almost 10 years and then come to miami and you wont bitch an inch

Guest xmuzik

sorry about my misspelling , i'm drunk , about to move to miami , & feeling sorry for the ignorant

god bless the 3rd coast & miami otherwise we would be in deep shit

you are just the kind of cunt i avoid when i go out

LOL well said

ROFL!!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

This is gotta be Saleen...

If it's not, sorry lady... LA sucks ass!! I'm from the West Coast and I've been to LA plenty of times to party... The vibe there is so much more worse than it is in Miami. Not saying that Miami has the top vibe but it's decent... LA is by far the worst! Talk about wanna be's? LA has several millions of them..

WANNA BE..Actors, actresses, Directors, Producers, commedians, wanna be boom mic operators, wanna be make up artists you name it... LA is all about smog, traffic and wanna be's....

I mean Miami has a bunch of WANNA Be's also but there are only several thousand wanna be's here as compared to several million wanna be's from Anahiem all the way up to Century City...

AYou can live in LA and have a bunch of friends there but everyone lives an hour away form each other.. It takes about 2 hours to drvie from end to end of that freakin dirty ass, smelly ass city!!

Guest chrissy2321

For speaking the truth...... Someone has to say it. I might be a snobby rich girl from LA put I do know how to practice my freedom of speech. I feel that alot of d-jays are not musical talented anyone and there mother can dj now and days. I just feel that some people are more musically talented than others and that in this city politics and gossip surpass musical talents. I love music especially house, Where is there a place that I can listen to great European house? Please tell me if speaking the truth is wrong..... Thanks for your replies.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I think Saleen may have just found his next girlfriend.

LOL

I think this is Saleen...